WRX motor

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by grayhamwiebe, Apr 1, 2015.

1. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

Starting to look for a ver 1-2 wrx motor (ej20g) to replace my bad sounding motor in my 93 wagon. Any recommendation on who could import one/ where I can find one would be appreciated. If I could find a 94 sti motor that would be much preferred, but at this point I just want something lower km's, compression and leak down tested if possible.
    Any info would be great.

2. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

I would check out 4X toys in Lethbridge. JDM Tuners in Calgary also usually has engines, although they sometimes come across as shady.
    Good luck in your search! Hopefully you can find a good one.

grayhamwiebe likes this.
  3. VTAKLOL

VTAKLOL Brandon

I can't speak for the quality of their engines/vehicles, but anytime I've dealt with JDM Tuners Inc, they've been great.
    As for finding an engine, I would get in touch with either JDM Source in Calgary or C&S Performance in Cranbrook, both of whom I have personal experience with.
    C&S is who I ended up getting mine from, I was recommended to them by Will at JDM Connection. Craig was awesome to deal with, very knowledgeable, although his prices are higher than most (~$500 more than JDM Source for my 20G.)
    I had originally purchased an engine from Shoaib at JDM Source, but he had actually sent me an early EJ20G from a Legacy, when I had specifically mentioned I wanted one from a GC8. He had no idea there was even any difference, but I was able to return it after only a little fuss over the return shipping charge and then went with C&S, since JDM Source did not have any other GC8 engines available and Craig was actually able to get me a 20G out of a Ver. II STi.
    So overall, I'd feel confident recommending either place to you, but I would definitely say that Craig is much more knowledgeable about his product and that if you're after something very specific like I was: do your research! Because JDM Source proved that they don't always know *exactly* what they're selling you. :p

grayhamwiebe and tperkins like this.
  4. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

JDMsource is about .5km away from me here, I picked up a 1JZ with a friend of mine here recently, hes gotten two motors from them, seem to be a decent operation.

5. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

I have heard good things about JDMsource on WSC as well.