AB Would someone please PM shops in Calgary that do OPI

Discussion in 'Regional' started by Ray, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Ray

Ray New Member

Hi,

Wondering if people can help me out and PM me some shops that do import out of province inspections.

Thanks

2. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Beyond Tranmission on 17th Ave, I've had 5 cars done there, they are honest and will show you if things are actually wrong with the car and need repair.
    I think its about 135$ which is competitive with anyone in town.

http://www.beyondtransmissions.com/

3. Ray

Ray New Member

Kingsoup thanks.

4. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Best of luck on it passing first try! i'm still working on fixing the powersteering leak required to safety my Celsior and that was 5months ago :S

5. Ray

Ray New Member

What grade was it if you don't mind telling.

6. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Celsior was an R grade, I had another R grade though and it was totally fine, bad luck, rack was leaking from a collision which bent the rack rod, lame!

7. Ray

Ray New Member

I am trying to get a r34 GTR and budget enough to get something thats at least a 3.5. So hopefully wont have and big issues for OPI.

8. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Thats some serious cash sir! R34 GTR world is fraught with danger, hidden damage, crashed cars, as they are so expensive and people will hide problem happily in Japan.
    I'd be very very careful on that purchase, best of luck! I'd be pretty tempted to get a 370z or 600hp Vette from the US, or an R33 GTR etc before the most costly of costly JDM's.

Best of luck!

9. Ray

Ray New Member

Yah eh. I was wondering if Japan had a reporting system similar to carfax? Other then that an importer I talked too told me to set a side 35 to 45 K for one. My original budget was 30 so I have some saving to do.

10. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

If you use a Premium Exporter (Like Mark @ Brave Auto) that lowers your risk of having an issue. also he deals with more High end rare cars then anyone else.

30k is on the low end of the the R34 GTR budgets thats for sure, thats like a Grade R non V-spec budget.

11. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

I'd go with someone like Brave for a car like that, worth any extra penny he charges when going for a big $$$ car like that.
    R33 GTR really nice and decently affordable compared to an R34, anywho happy hunting!

12. Kardon

Kardon New Member

Do these guys force DRL install and DOT tires? I just landed an Aristo and I can't stand those cheap DRL modules, and the car came with a nice set of matching Bridgestone Playz tires in great shape. The car is a grade 4.5 A with 29,000km, it drives great with no leaks so I don't expect any issues passing OOP inspection. PM your response if you'd like to stay confidential.

13. RZFD3S

RZFD3S New Member

Borrow a set of wheels from a friend for the inspection if you really want to keep Bridgestone Playz. Swap your wheels back once done.
    The car only has 29000km so those Playz could be over 6 years old. My opinion is they are worthless to anyone but you.