Why would he get this: Hino Dutro

Discussion in 'Other JDM cars' started by Dah_Hunter, Feb 6, 2015.

1. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

That thing is so awesome!! how is the driving impression? got lots of mid range torque I bet?

2. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

The colour, uniqueness, a tall guy driving it. I can imagine it is a head turner!

3. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

finally got around to get it through the BC inspection.
    Super clean:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

also if anyone is looking for the VIN's on these:
    Location one: frame rail in the Right side front wheel well
    Location two: on a plate by the left side (Passenger) seat belt should clip.

4. Ed Decker

Ed Decker New Member

Ah-hem... One of TWO in Canada... ;)
    image.jpg

lenglish likes this.
  5. Ed Decker

Ed Decker New Member

Also check out Amayama.com for everything import, anywhere. Genuine parts too!

For your 2000 Hino Dutro root van, check out this link:
    http://toyota.epc-data.com/dyna_toyoace/xzu307v/111758/

coquitlamglenn likes this.
  6. Dah_Hunter

7. Ed Decker

Ed Decker New Member

Obviously you recognize that these are commercial grade vehicles engineered for years of daily service, km upon km of service duty.

Toyota manufactures very high quality and long lasting vehicles as a whole, so when Toyota manufactures commercial vehicles, they trump everything else that they build at the drawing board.

Like a big rig is engineered to last at least a couple million miles over it's lifetime, these commercial vehicles (and I mean commercial vehicles in general, no matter what make) are built to a whole different standard than their consumer passenger vehicle lines.

In short, the point I'm making is this, the Hino Dutro that you have with 90,000 km is a sweet find and no mistake a sweet deal. That 90,000km is comparable to 10-20,000 km in real overall wear compared to a passenger vehicle in general. The Toyota Dyna that I have with 363,000 km on the clock is comparable to a passenger vehicle with 100-150,000 kms.

There's awesome savings to be had with these types of vehicles if people can get past the "clock shock".... And to answer your question...

8. Dah_Hunter

"Clock Shock" i like it.
    I totaly understand the Value, its a Stigma really "Lower Numbers Mean better Quality" lower miles to me mean, less maintence has been done to it.. so more parts are 15 years old still which means more work for me to replace stuff.
    Where is that bad boy going to live?

9. Ed Decker

Ed Decker New Member

Like your Hino, this one seems to be in very clean condition as well. Notice the missing spare tire? Lol image.jpg This one is at Ceres port terminal in Halifax, NS right at this moment. I'm actually flying out tomorrow morning to pick it up. It will become my new HVAC company installation and service van here in Conception Bay South, Newfoundland.

I was happy to find your video a few weeks ago so I could get a better idea of what these are like. How do you find the exhaust break? Does it work well?