What's Made You Smile Today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RyanV, Apr 27, 2014.

1. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

You said it! :p Job bank, CareerBeacon, Kijiji, all the local library sites, the CHIN employment listing (I have museum experience as well, plus a history degree) and a few auto museum websites across anada as that would pretty much be a dream job for me, haha!

2. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

What made me smile? I bought a .22 for my wife, and she likes it, AND wants to go out shooting with me again! Hooray!

3. Bushman

Bushman New Member

That's pretty special Greg...
    :)

4. trev

trev New Member

Wouldn't that be a .38?

5. RyanV

RyanV Member

Found a show about cars that my wife actually likes :)

I watched a few episodes of Fast 'N Loud and then a few days later my wife asked if I had any more to watch...Score! :D

mademiriam likes this.
  6. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

I really like that show as well, but have a ton of catching up to do. The only car show my wife has liked so far is Top Gear.

7. Greg

I spent time wandering the Le Mans museum today.

IMPUL likes this.
  8. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

I have seen Fast and Loud. We get it here in Japan in both English and Japanese. It is too "reality TV" for me but has nuggets of fun and is on late at night when I am doing emails. Wheeler Dealers is on here too. In fact one of the cars I exported was on that show last year (along with the customer) so I am waiting for the Japanese episodes to catch up so I can see the car. It was a red Lancia Delta. I can't find it streaming anywhere.

IMPUL likes this.
  9. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

No kidding! I saw that Lancia, that was on Wheeler Dealers trading up series, I downloaded the torrent of it from piratebay, that was one you did eh!!! no kidding! Its one of my fav shows!

10. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

That's right. I think that it was the second to last car on the trading up series. We don't get that one yet here in Japan.
    Of all the Lancia Delta Evo2s that I exported, many were red so I don't know exactly which one it was but I still have the pictures of it on my hard drive.

I stopped doing torrents a number of years ago. I am fighting with myself over trying to be a better person and torrents were on the wrong side of the fence for me. though I am not one of those people that will shame anyone for doing so.

11. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Derek your to Squeaky clean.. lol there must be some evil secrets that you have cause its not natural for someone to be as clean as you.. ;)

IMPUL likes this.
  12. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

I don't have evil secrets currently but as a child I had a difficult upbringing and did some things I regret. I didn't get my act together until I was in my early 20s. Then having children was a big change for me.

IMPUL likes this.
  13. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Kijji Scammers.... so dumb.

This is a conversation I had today regarding my rusty 99 mazda protege.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMPUL likes this.
  14. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

Omg i got soooooo many of those...
    Sometimes it would start "do you have anymore pics?"
    Id send a couple pics then , that.. :( annoying

15. Greg

There was a forest fire near here today, that doesn't make me smile, but seeing the Martin Mars in action is pretty awesome! Actually, seeing it all in action was surreal. Watching the spotter plane guide in three tankers and two choppers was pretty cool. They certainly took care of that fire nicely.

[​IMG]IMG_7751 by Greg Allison, on Flickr

RyanV and IMPUL like this.
  16. RyanV

RyanV Member

I missed this post until now. Love seeing the Mars fly. It's so big and flys so low it seems surreal. I was on a small fire years back and they had the Mars come and drop a load of foam. It was quite shocking when it came over the hillside!!!

17. RyanV

RyanV Member

Maybe it's gross, but I saw two huge rats fighting in the back alley last night. They were rolling around in the ditch and then all of a sudden one of them seemed to just bounce 2-3 feet in the air. I had to LOL at that! It looked hilarious!

18. Greg

It's a pretty awesome sight to see in person. I was pretty close to it.

[​IMG]IMG_7775 by Greg Allison, on Flickr

19. RyanV

RyanV Member

Some people might think this is strange, but the rain :) I'm sitting here right now with the window open and I can hear it. I can't even remember the last time it rained any amount that didn't just dry up 15 minutes later. I'm sure in a few days i'll post that the rain is "what's annoyed me lately" but for now it's nice :)

20. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Found out that you can surf in the West Edmonton Mall wave pool before and after hours so i went to check it out this morning with my brother and a friend. I used to surf all the time about 10 years ago, but have only been able to go sporadically since then (Edmonton is pretty landlocked :) )
    Now the pool was definitely no ocean, but today was the most fun I've had in a long time. I haven't stopped grinning all day!