What's Annoyed You Lately

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RyanV, Jun 26, 2013.

1. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Went to replace the drivers window regulator in my wife's e39. The last bolt that needs to come out requires some weird reverse-torx socket that I of course don't have. Stupid BMW!

2. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

3. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

It's the eye of the tiger
    It's the thrill of the fight
    Rising up to the challenge of our drivers!

Wolfd89 likes this.
  4. Wolfd89

Wolfd89 Last in, first out

got laid off today. Four years of long hours with no overtime and empty promises that better times are just over the Horizon culminating in a single sentence. "yeah, were going to have to let you go." YAY!

5. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

that sucks man.

Hopefully whatever you move onto is better.

IMPUL likes this.
  6. RyanV

RyanV Member

Sorry to hear that Wolf :( If you can look our for yourself first. Of course everyone needs to get paid but after seeing my Dad work for the same company for 25 years working long hours with no overtime and then getting laid off pretty much right on his 50th birthday I told myself I'd always try to avoid that type of position. If they want me to work more, they can pay me more. Of course, at this stage, I don't have a mortgage, so it's a lot easier to be confident about that sort of thing if you don't have debts to worry about.

Don't worry though. Better times ahead :)

7. Wolfd89

Wolfd89 Last in, first out

thanks everyone. somehow I managed to get an interview at a machine shop the next day and got hired there as a CAD monkey :D

IMPUL, Greg and grayhamwiebe like this.
  8. lenglish

I head over to my local Canadian tire to borrow a spring compressor from their "lend a tool" program, something I have done a few times in the last five years or so. Guy at the desk asks me if I bought my springs or struts from them. I reply "no", and he explains that they no longer loan out tools, unless you've purchased parts related to that system. I explain that they don't sell parts for my car, but I have spent about a gazillion dollars at this particular store. He basically shrugs his shoulders and goes back to his computer.

Sooo annoying! Seems like a pretty crappy way to treat you customers and the policy doesn't even make sense. Even before, you always had to pay a deposit to make sure you brought back the tool. Luckily a teenage employee near by told me that part source will loan out tools without requiring a purchase (they are owned by CT, so tell me how that makes any sense).

9. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

Someone in corporate must've been vaping winter coolant when they came up with that policy. Nobody who knows which end of a spanner to hold buys car parts at Canadian Tire!

10. Braden

Braden New Member

Partsource still does lend-a-tool around here. Probably still do where you are at too.

11. lenglish

'zactly!

Yeah, I'm heading there tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have better luck.

12. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

God damnit, I can't find my spring compressors to lend you. I lent them out and now I don't know where they ended up.

13. lenglish

No worries, borrowed one from Part source today.

14. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

So my kid got bit by another kid at daycare today because he wouldn't give the other kid the bucket he was playing with.

A good bite too. Not break the skin bad. But it happened at 10:30am and it was clearly visible and red in the shape of teeth/mouth at 6pm.

It's the kinda stuff that spawns blond rage.... They won't even tell me who did it. Just that it's a new kid to the class room.

Privacy-shimivacy if these weren't kids, that would be a big deal. He was assaulted. The other thing the daycare said they'll do is "keep an eye on that kid" meanwhile my kid doesnt want that kid at daycare.
    Doesn't want to go if he's there.

Aaaaarrrrrrgggggggg.....

15. trev

trev New Member

It only gets better once they start going to regular school ... this type of shit even happens at private schools.

16. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

Ya I guess...
    I just don't get it.
    My kid is happy-go-lucky, calm, friendly, caring, sharing type.
    He has no problems with kids, gets along with everyone, they all love him. I constantly hear other parents say " oh this is -------, I hear so much about him"

My kid has never been in trouble or hurt anyone.

So I'm just shocked at this.

I know my kid did nothing to deserve this, and the fact that I can't even have a talk with the other kids parents infuriates me.

The "oh this stuff happens" attitude is bs, kids that bite, have shitty parents. Thu clearly need more structure and discipline.

The fact that the new kid to the group did it to one of the more well liked kids says a lot to me.

17. trev

trev New Member

That's today's society for ya ... the victims are supposed to just suck it up because the perpetrators have "bad mommies" and need hugs/kisses when they act out.

I've got a couple kids, and well ... it drives me a bit batty myself ... ;)

IMPUL likes this.
  18. lenglish

So apparently those wind shield crack repair places go door to door now.

In reference to my Evo:

"Hey, is that your Subaru parked out front? Sick man car man, but I noticed you have a chip in your windshield."

Aaaaand sale lost.

:)

Greg likes this.
  19. RyanV

RyanV Member

Dang snow plow pushed to "my" side of the road.

[​IMG]

The snow was heavy too since it had been raining on it for almost two days. I think it took about an hour to dig the cars out. It's supposed to be cold around here again this week and I didn't want to have this snow frozen against my cars!

20. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Ya thats annoying for sure.. i have been making sure i had a path to the road so that when it freezes over i can get out as well.