What's Annoyed You Lately

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RyanV, Jun 26, 2013.

1. RyanV

RyanV Member

Thanks for the suggestion Megatol. In the interest of getting the window in ASAP with the least hassle for me I'm just going to go through insurance. What I'll do though is next time I get and order of parts from Japan I'll make sure I get some Aristo glass at the same time :)

2. JamalS13

JamalS13 I like cheese

Thats awful RyanV id be so choked. Same thing happened to me years ago when i had my r32 sedan, they searched the car one day when i left it unlocked, then a week later they smashed the window , but only difference is they ran away with a double din and 12" sub and amp, and my wallet.

3. magnavahn

magnavahn Vahn

Ugh, glass smashing break-ins. Happened on my old truck and they stole my change, canadian tire money, and a pair of eyeglasses (online about $15). Such a waste of time.

Sux Ryan. Second time too eh? Time for one of those silent alarms and some vigilantism? Either that or keep some old copies of Guns&Ammo magazines and a pair of used size 14 boots on the passenger seat.

4. RyanV

RyanV Member

Pile driving....Ugh....All day every day for the next three months. Three pile drivers running. The only good thing is that it's timber piles and not steel, so it's a bit quieter than it would be otherwise.

LOL! Good idea!

5. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

My micra was broken in to twice. Last Saturday and this Saturday.
    Kids I think. I'm going to do a stake out next Saturday.

6. Wolfd89

Wolfd89 Last in, first out

2016 is not treating me well thus far
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

happened in front of our house. Soccer mom was backing out of the neighbors driveway, didn't look in her mirrors. Her excuse was that we normally don't park there. At least she came up and told us instead of driving away. Sigh...

7. trev

trev New Member

That sucks man. Remember almost the same thing happening to my Sera a day or 3 after I got it in the road.

8. RyanV

RyanV Member

Oh how I've missed getting these e-mails:

Fookin' time wasters. Why do people bother?

9. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Bleh! Love selling a used car.

10. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Oh ya.. love those emails..

I get so many for my COrolla.

11. trev

trev New Member

Could be worse, you could be offered a 67 Chrysler boat in trade.

12. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

I love this. "Hey, I know I can buy this for 5000, but I will give you 5500." Oh yeah? Well if you can import one and want to go gamble on getting one from auction, deal with the hassle, not be able to test drive it, potentially get a lemon, wait up to half a year (and so on), go ahead! Save yourself 500$.

13. Stokes

Stokes Brad

I absolutely hate selling cars online. The fiance wants to get rid of her Dodge Caliber and import a WRX or Evo and I'm dreading posting it online. Selling my last 3 cars on Kijiji was painful.

14. trev

trev New Member

It's getting worse and worse. The reality is, real buyers will come immediately and be prepared to buy. Someone who wastes your time with questions and emails day after day, or can't come for 2 weeks or some other BS is just tire kicking online.

Most people who really want something, and if it's rare like your JDM (as it is likely one of the only ones for sale) won't dick around in "fear" of losing out.

Anyone else is just going to turn out to be a painful experience ... my 2 cents and my experiences anyways.

15. IMPUL

I find that people have a price in mind first and choice of car second.

So a lot of time ppl are looking for a deal. "What's the best car / deal I can get for $xxxx.00" so they try for cars higher then the money they have in hope of negotiating down to the $ they have/ or wish to spend.

The problem is when they don't actually have the money.

Don't get me wrong, tire kickers are bad. I just think dreamers are worse.

I've negotiated prices, but have a system, kind of, but it mainly consists of actual fair market value.

Not some random number I made up like a lot of dreamers hoping to score a once in a lifetime deal, in 3 months when they get the cash together.

16. trev

trev New Member

I disagree. :) A dreamer hasn't wasted a bunch of your time, unlike a tire kicker.

A dreamer will realize that his price is too high, or he doesn't care if it sells when his mailbox is empty and his phone is quiet. It's an assumption usually made by broke desperate people that a seller is also broke and desperate to sell. So why harass them at all? Move along to the next car ... I always enjoy it when some kid tries to educate me because he and his dad watch Counts Customs and Wheeler Dealers and act like car sharks.

Depends on the car to:

R34 GT-R landed in Canada with BC registration - Dream all you want ...
    2005 Civic sedan - Market will dictate price, and you'd best hope your car is pristine.

Anyhow...

17. trev

trev New Member

Ok, I've been triggered. I'm going to use YOU a lot in the next few paragraphs, no one on here should take YOU personally, I'm just going to use it as part of an example.

Let's take a random car and put an arbitrary number on it.

Nissan Skyline (value $6000)

So, you want a Nissan Skyline and after doing some research on past values and the costs of importing one, you believe a Nissan Skyline is worth $6000.

So you start shopping, if you can find one you'll pay between $5000 and $7000 on one.

Let's crank up Autotrader. Search, Honda Civic, 498 results found. Ooops, I want a Nissan Skyline. 1 result found.

1998 Nissan Skyline, $12,000, not monkey shit beat, etc etc .

Damn, $12,000? I'm not paying $12,000 for a Nissan Skyline. A Nissan Skyline is only worth $6000!

What do you do?

A. Keep shopping
    B. Harass dreamer

The correct answer is A. But wait ... it says 1 result found. There are no other Nissan Skylines to even look at in a 2000 km radius. What now?

You could always do C) Import one yourself. But really, I'm impatient, I don't want to wait 6-8 weeks, and/or I'm really too darn scared to import one myself.

So instead of being a man and doing C, many people resort to B. They get on the local internet forum, bash and ridicule the "car find" to their e-buddies. They start emailing the seller offering him $6000 CASH TODAY (cause you know the seller might be expecting ROCKS NEXT WEEK instead of CASH TODAY), and start sending him invoices for replacement parts (that the car might not even need), tell him you can import one for way less, there's one for sale in Halifax for $6000 (yet it's already sold), blah blah blah.

So frankly, if you don't like a dreamers price, grow some balls, learn some patience (wait for dreamer to come his senses and drop the price), or import one yourself ... perhaps you are better off with a 2005 Honda Civic if you can't. The dreamer ain't going to give it to you for 50% of his dreamer price because you can IMPORT ONE YOURSELF, YOU CAN'T GET PARTS and you have CASH TODAY. That I know...

/rant :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  18. IMPUL

I think we are talking about different dreamers.
    I believe your talking about dreamers as a seller? I'm assuming this means a high ( or perceived high ) price.

I'm talking about dreamers who are buyers, who actually aren't "ready to buy" so while they have $0 or not enough money they think that they can get that $12k skyline for $6k. When they don't even have $6k let alone $12k ...

They start showing you arbitrary info and examples of cars on the same perceived level but with a lower price.

This is when I usually stop playing salesman since they are not buying anyways and send back cars they CAN afford. Usually something worthy of the obnoxious ricer thread.

If I think they are serious but just don't have the money right now but will in the future, I send them auction links so they can see the actual cost, including import costs etc.

All in all. If they aren't scheduling an appt to see the car in person, begging to put a deposit ASAP then they probably not interested.

19. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

The other thing that annoys me about selling (anything really) is when you have a set price that is fair due to the condition of whatever it is your selling. Someone sends an e-mail offer that is lower, you accept that offer. Then they come to buy it and complain that it's not in as good shape as they thought (though your ad was clear about everything) and then try to negotiate a lower price from there original offer.
    If you weren't sure on the condition, why did you offer a lower price before actually looking at it? Why not come check it out, then start talking about what you think it's worth (and be reasonable).

20. trev

trev New Member

Oh god yes that happens every time I deal with someone from far away. They want to set a price before they come, then think that's where they can start negotiating from once they get here. It's like, no, that price we pre-negotiated is as low as I'll go.

They'll even nickle and dime over a $100. I often cave even though I wish I wouldn't. Too nice of a guy I guess.