What You Did Today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Greg, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

Well? Do something awesome today? Let's see it.

Attached is my day. Happy for days like today I live where I do, and not snowed in...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      177.2 KB
      Views:
    IanB, IMPUL and tperkins like this.
  2. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Dude. That is awesome.

3. Megatol

Megatol Mr. Toyota

Not today but yesterday. Went cross-country skiing and when came back saw this moose. He even washed my car as well :p

Pajerist, IanB, IMPUL and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bushman

Bushman New Member

That's on the island? Looks so non rain forest?
    Beautifully calm paddling!

5. Greg

Anyone else? No kayaking today, just a nice trail walk with my parents and the dog.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      108.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      171.8 KB
      Views:
  6. Lethbridge_man

Lethbridge_man New Member

Sundays are the designated carwash days at our house. Which is code for Ross gets up early to wash the wife's car while she still sleeps, and then he washes his own. Then meet up with friends, go to the gym, and buy groceries for the week. Pretty relaxing! Seeing as how we have NO winter here right now (tomorrow will be 21 degrees!) plenty of walking is in the forecast.

JamalS13 likes this.
  7. Greg

...Every day is car wash day here...

8. Bushman

Bushman New Member

Yup car wash day, started the detailing finally. Its not going to happen all in one session. Clay barred the hood...hard work with very satisfying results.

9. RyanV

RyanV Member

LOL! Must have been car wash Sunday :D I washed the Alpina and the wife's Corolla yesterday. I started out with a jacket on, but I was down to a T-shirt before I even got my hands in the water. It wasn't 21 degrees, but it sure felt warm.

10. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

So far im sitting around at family court. I was suppose to have a 10am hearing and was 3rd on the docket.
    FAIL! Got bumped down and now court is on lunch till 2:15pm then ill be heard later. Probably 3:30-4:30.
    But ive been here since 9am.

I wish I had good weather to go for a walk or something( i dont have a kayak.. Lol)

I fixed my tablet on the weekend.
    It wasnt charging. I opened it and used a digital multimeter to see where the problem was. The positive solder joint from the plug receiver to the board was bad. So a did some very crude soldering using a flat head screw driver heated with a torch and added more solder. It immediatly jumped from 3.3v to 3.75v and turned on. :) so that was cool.

11. Greg

I had to work today, but break time was quite relaxing. Hard to go back inside to work.

Attached Files:

12. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

Nice work man! My favorite MP3 player (Sandisk Sansa Clip+ 2gb w/MicroSD slot) fell off my bed the other morning (I sometimes listen to music as I fall asleep using the "Sleep" setting, and then sit it next to my pillow) and the surface-mount power button literally broke off the PCB completely as that's what it landed on....opened it up and somehow managed to solder the switch back on....switch doesn't feel the same, but it works again! :D

Sucks to hear about long day in the courtroom...not fun...

13. Bushman

Bushman New Member

Organized my nifty storage compartment,
    [​IMG]

14. Greg

Nice. Interesting, I never thought of putting car cleaning stuff, or prison shanks in mine. I mostly have roadside stuff. Rope, duct tape, small shovel...Now that I think about it, it's kinda rapey sounding...

JamalS13 and Bushman like this.
  15. Bushman

Bushman New Member

No lubricant?

16. dagleykd

Pardon my n00b comment, but what actually are those "prison shanks"...? I don't recognize them? Screwdrivers?

The rear spare wheel well of my DD Accent is where I keep most of my "stuff"....I'll have to take a picture of it sometime as it's hilariously tightly packed with the spare in there, lol. Reusable grocery bags (including one of those thermal ones for keeping things cold/hot), an emergency blanket, spare headlight bulbs, emergency gloves/hat, emergency mini traffic cones, my winter windshield cover, my drivers' side old wiper blade as a spare...

I keep a bottle of engine oil and bottles of injector cleaner, etc. in the little elastic net thing on the back of the passenger seat, and my old school '80's dial-style tire pressure gauge lives in my glove compartment along with my service records/insurance card/registration, spare sunglasses and little removable ashtray thing I don't use....and my "omg let me the hell out" seatbelt cutter/emergency window breaking hammer lives in my cupholders when they aren't holding cups.

:p

17. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

Tire patch kit by the looks of it, for screw/nail holes.

18. Bushman

Bushman New Member

Wow that's a lot of stuff!
    Those pokey looking things are for tire plugs, pull nail or screw out, put plug in...compressor and 5 minutes I'm on my way.
    Tire Plug (Flat Tire) How-To Fix:

19. dagleykd

Nice! Sad that I should've known that but didn't, lol....guess I've never had a need to as my old Imrpeza, "Beastie" and my DD Accent "Humdrum" both have/have had the little space-saver donut spares!

20. Bushman

Bushman New Member

I'm to lazy for that...I even took out the spare :)