What have you owned previously?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Ihatedomestic, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Stokes

Stokes Brad

The mazdaspeed 6 was bought brand new I had it for 2 weeks then took it back to the dealer to have the 3m and undercoating put on...as I was leaving the dealer I stopped at a red light about 2 blocks away and got rear ended by a guy in a gmc envoy who didn't even brake. Guess he was on his phone or something...anywho insurance paid for the whole car and I then bought a red one which I had for 3 years and modified quite a bit before I returned it to stock and traded it in on the ram. I still regret getting rid of it, was a fun car.

2. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

Ryan, you know how I feel about your cars, drool, but I never saw that civic before, and I'm oddly attracted. Very cool.

3. Silence*

Silence* Shhh.

Stokes, that's crazy about your first MS6, looks super crunched!

Yeah Soren, to this day I still regret getting rid of that '95. It was an awesome car and owing it in high school was pretty cool. I've never seen another like it (options wise, color combo wise) locally. I had the chance to buy it back before I bought the Soarer, but it sold to some kid who wrapped it around a Tree =/

4. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

***WARNING: PIC HEAVY AND SENTIMENTAL POST INCOMING*** Haha!

My first car was a CDN-spec 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5TS in 'Savanna Green Metallic'...bought used in Dec. 2009. Had something like 110,000kms on it when I bought it and paid about $6600. I was fairly easy on it, being my first car. Drove it until April of last year when the rear sub-frame rusted out and the suspension needed replacing and I didn't think spending $2000 on a car with 174,000 was worth it....would've loved to fix it, but common sense takes precedence :( Pretty sure now that the previous owner ragged it within an inch of it's life (he seemed a bit sketchy when I met him) but the mechanic I took it too in Halifax to look it over before I bought it (couldn't take it to my usual mechanic as I live an hour from Halifax and was in uni at the time) said it was fine (despite me having to replace the oil pan due to rust 1 month later) and it drove fine to me and the 2 friends I also brought along to check it out. Aside from what was listed below, it never let me down or left me stranded anywhere (...except the night I bought it when the battery went dead in a SuperStore parking lot) and I could drive it through anything.

I had to replace both front control arms and the front sub-frame in 2011, plus have a bit of bodywork done for it to pass Safety. Was PISSED because JUST after I had that work done, Subaru issued a recall saying the front control arms were rusting out early and people with the issue would have their replaced or rust-proofed for free....I called them saying mine had rusted the year before due to the same issue and they wouldn't do ANYTHING about it...

When I sold it, the rear-left wheel was actually slightly up at an angle because the rear subframe was cracked. All but one of the shocks were weeping fluid and completely shot and one of them made a terrible scraping noise anytime you hit ANY bump. The INCREDIBLY poorly installed aftermarket alarm put in by the previous owner (guess which direction the under-dash box's "This Way Up" sticker was facing) went off anytime I used it due to a short somewhere and I couldn't leave the interior light on "Door" or "On" because the short also made the car think a door was constantly open and it would make the battery go dead. The clock didn't work, nor the CD player (FM Transmitter ftw!). The shifter didn't like going into Reverse unless you shifted into 1st or 2nd first (no crunching or anything though) and the bodywork on the rear wheel wells that I had already had done was JUST starting to come through again after just 4 months. I never did find out what that red aftermarket switch on the dash was supposed to be for (it wasn't connected to anything when I bought the car).......BUT......

...all things and foibles considered, I loved and miss that car....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sold it to somebody through our local autosport club (the Bluenose AutoSport Club...I used to do a lot of TSD Rallies) and they swapped over their good suspension and rear sub-frame from their OWN body-rusted Impreza to my in-better-shape Impreza. As far as I know 'Beastie's' still on the road and being used for the occasional AutoCross! Found pics of her on Facebook after I sold her awhile back.

[​IMG]

Now I currently own a 2009 econo-special Hyundai Accent L with no ANYTHING...it's actually a decent and reliable little runabout for a DD, but I still miss the Impreza. This is the day I brought the Accent home before I sold 'Beastie":

[​IMG]

Keep on keepin' on Beastie! :)
    [​IMG]

5. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

1983 cutlass supreme (not actually my car)
    [​IMG]
    1997 impreza wagon, rally inspired, then written off. Not my fault.
    [​IMG]
    2006 WRX, sold to save some money.
    [​IMG]

6. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Nice Bugeye. It looks really good, too bad the previous owner did not keep up with maintenance.

I can understand your feelings toward the Accent. I owned one back in early university before I cared about cars. Then I was bit by the e36 bug and suddenly that I couldn't get out of that accent fast enough. Such a boring car.

7. dagleykd

Thanks Lenglish! The body really was in pretty good shape, considering...excepting the rear wheel wells which I did have to get fixed due to rust at one point.

As for the Accent, I don't hate it, in fact, I like it as a basic DD, it's a decent little car. It just doesn't have anything "special" about it :). I'll probably be keeping it as a DD until it starts falling apart. It only has 69,000kms on it atm so that will be awhile. It had 54,000km when I bought it for $6970 all-in (pretty good deal, I thought!) used from the dealership - have a feeling they just wanted to get rid of it as nobody wants a manual trans. car with no options at all anymore (the Accent doesn't have ABS, power windows, power locks, cruise, or even power mirrors...) just hoping I can afford a "fun car" for a second ride before then! ;)

8. shok

shok SpaceMan

I've owned a few interesting cars in my past.

First car ever was a 1986 Hyundai Pony, unfortunately I don't have any pics of that beauty!

I have also owned 6 Mk3 Supras (a couple of them imported).

The most interesting is probably the Factory Five Cobra that my old man and I built a couple years ago.

Here are a few pics:
    1994 Oldsmobile (Ron Burgundy), took a 23 day, 10,oookm road trip in this beauty!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1992 Supra Twin Turbo R
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the Cobra!
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    During:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Sorry for all the pics!

9. dagleykd

Loving the Supra and the Cobra replica! There's a guy around here with a Supra VERY similar to yours, although he has different rims on his!

10. shok

shok SpaceMan

I don't have the Supra any more so maybe it was. It is pretty distinctive with the green BP sticker on the front (which was already there when I imported it). I will point out that I owned this car before the oil spill! lol

We have just started a new project building another Cobra.

11. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

OOooh I love Mk3 Supras!!! I always wanted a Twin Turbo R!

I've had lots and lots of cars, I had a 1988 Supra Turbo for 8years, mostly it just blew up on me, 3 turbos, two new bottem ends, clutches, on and on, when it worked though at 14psi, it was great!

[​IMG]

My Beloved 1990 Celica GTS, it had 290,000kms on a lot of rust when I got it, had to replace floors, weld up frame, replace transmission (had no 5th gear) really just endless work to keep the rust under control, really great handling car, had only 130hp, but it towed 2000lbs+ for 3600km when I moved to Alberta, miss that car!

[​IMG]

My 1993 3000GT VR4, was with my brother when he bought it for 24,000$ about 15yrs ago, then it got crashed and sat rusting for a year, gave it to me (many years later) took a lot of work to fix front end, and a lot of mechanical problems, it only ran right when I fixed it for Sale about 5years after I got it, but wow when it worked, WHAT a car! you sit so low in that thing like a supercar, super stable, amazing in the Snow, great interior, just complicated mechanically and a lot of Fuel, I"ve often thought of getting another one.

[​IMG]

12. shok

shok SpaceMan

Likewise on the VR4, I have always wanted to take one of those for a spin!

Here is a pic of an A70 Supra I had a number of years ago. I would love to pick up a Twin Turbo R again.

[​IMG]

13. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

OOOOH nice MK3!!! I was in the Toronto supra club for nearly 10yrs before I moved to Alberta, I miss those guys!! I"ve been in all sorts of Supras, owned 5 in fact, 2 mk3's and 3 mk2's! I was thinking of moving to another MK3 Supra when my Celsior sells, but alas they are getting older these days and I do grow tired of fixing my own cars constantly, as now I have my sights set on the Altezza.

Loving that Fox mustang into Cobra body, is the basic running gear all Fox mustang?

14. shok

shok SpaceMan

All of the Cobra running gear is out of the Fox body, yes.

We actually just started another Cobra build:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]