What have you owned previously?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Ihatedomestic, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Ihatedomestic

Ihatedomestic I rarely post; mostly lurk in the shadows

Just a thread to show off some of the interesting or different cars you have owned over the years.

Obviously, since I started the thread, I share one of my favorite old cars: The Beater.
    1991 Civic CX. Bought for $250 with the front end smashed in a touch. Gutted it, turboed it, rallyed it, head gasketed it many times...but could not break it. It was such a blast to drive. Couldn't keep up with the rust so I sold it for $500 :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can just see the side exit exhaust poking out in front of the rear wheel in this shot:
    [​IMG]

2. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

3. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

My first few cars were poop...I don't wanna post pictures...Domestic, lame, etc...

4. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

Well, posted this in the chatbox a while ago. First car was an 82 tercel. Loved that thing. think I was 18?
    [​IMG]

Had lots of other bad cars. Another 81 tercel in 4 door and blue.
    My favorite car was probably my 93 323 that my dad gave me. Had 80km, and was his commuter car. he took such good care of it, and it was SUCH an econo car, no radio, only one mirror, 82 hp, but man, I LOVED that thing.
    [​IMG]
    (Not mine, but about right, except the rims.. mine was just on steelies)

Had a protege, MX-3 (uh, hehe... girl car!), 99 impreza wagon.. and some other stuff, then I discovered JAPAAAAN!

5. Stokes

Stokes Brad

Hmm I've been all over the place with vehicles.

07 Mazdaspeed 6 in white which got rear ended and written off in 2 weeks with 1000km on it. Then another mazdaspeed 6 in red which I kept for 3 years. 2010 Dodge Ram, 97 Ranger, 85 Porsche 944, 95 Honda Accord which I still have as a work commuter. Also had a 92 f150 for work and had a 98 wrx which I sold to buy my BMW 328i that I'm importing.

6. wphan

wphan i need a bigger turbo

91 honda accord which was lowered to the point it couldn't really go anywhere. eventually got tired of breaking radiators from scraping everywhere. i still have it parked in the backyard.
    03 acura tl-s aspec which i drove till it was t-boned last winter. loved this car and still haven't been able to let it go yet.
    03 350z i bought off my friend since he was getting married and had a kid on the way.
    88 mazda rx7 turbo 10th anniversary.
    99 nissan pathfinder currently for winter beater.
    98 nissan skyline sedan currently in transit.

7. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

My first car...a badass 1994 Cavalier RS...Parents bought it, paid the first year insurance, so I wasn't complaining...

[​IMG]

8. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

My first was an 87 pathfinder. It lasted me a month and I hit some unexpected ice in 2wd.
    [​IMG]
    That began my long list of written off vehicles. (Though, 1st was the only one that was my fault)

9. Stokes

Stokes Brad

Holy crap...well you're alive so thats a good sign.

10. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Man i have had tons of cars..

but my best was in highschool my sweet Accent.. which i cant find pics of right now.. but i pimped it..

11. RyanV

RyanV Member

Was this the one?

[​IMG]

12. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

I don't think I have any pictures of my accent that I rolled. It was the same as that one but not riced or really worth taking pictures of.

13. Braden

Braden New Member

92 R32 gts-t
    [​IMG]

93 WRX
    [​IMG]

95 WRX
    [​IMG]

93.5 Supra TT 6spd
    [​IMG]

94 GTR
    [​IMG]

14. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Where did you find my Pics.. lol.

15. Braden

Braden New Member

That beast is still on cardomain :D

[​IMG]

16. Soren

what a disgrace! lol! :D Just bugging you Big guy. haha.

Braden, every one of your cars has been really nice. Very well done, son! :D

17. Stokes

Stokes Brad

I went digging and 2 pics of previous vehicles plus my old sled....my poor poor mazda.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS: Braden you have excellent taste in cars!

18. Silence*

Silence* Shhh.

First car I bought at 16 was my '84 Bmw 325e for $2500. Worked on it for 3 months getting it road ready, only to drift it into a curb 2 weeks after I got my license. Fixed it for $400, decided I hated it and sold it for $4000.

[​IMG]

Bought this while I was fixing the e30, a 1995 325i with a M Sport package;

[​IMG]

Then it got crappy. Busted my arm and after not driving the car for 4 months while I was recovering, I traded it for a '98 GMC Jimmy. Was a huge lump, so I traded that for a 2002 Ferd Explerder Sport. Then I jumped into JDM's trading the Ferd for a 1992 Soarer GT-T;

[​IMG]

Missed my 5 Speed and wanted AWD so I went for a '94 GC8;

[​IMG]

After that blew up the third time I sold it... then started the Acura phase with a 2001 Special Edition Integra and a 1998 2.3CL.

19. Soren

OOH! Stokes, what's the story behind the poor Mazda 6? I know it wasn't vtec! :D That's too bad man. Holy crap!

Silence*, I don't know if I knew your car history before, but pretty cool man. I definitely had no idea that you'd done the BMW route, I like the second one, for sure (95)

20. RyanV

RyanV Member

Braden's car history is like a wish list.

I've owned a number of cars, but some I didn't really own long enough to call them "mine" if you know what I mean. Here's what I've owned that I've held onto for a while:

My first car: 1996 Civic

I loved this car, and I often wonder if I'd purchase it back if I saw it for sale. But then I think about how many times I busted the fiberglass bodykit on speed bumps and BC Ferries and how much time I spent fixing it....I still wish I had it though.

[​IMG]

1992 BMW 320i M Sport - I drove this for a year and a half. It was a great car to drive. Only down side was that it was only a 320i and an auto. Felt much better to drive than the Civic though.

[​IMG]

1993 Aristo - Love hate relationship with this one....Came over with a blown second turbo. Decided to do a build and continued to be a PITA, but I loved it when it was working properly.

[​IMG]