W210 Service Reset

Discussion in 'Mercedes' started by SilverStar, Feb 17, 2015.

1. SilverStar

SilverStar New Member

Service Reset:

Make sure all doors are fully closed.

1. Turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2.

2. Within 4 seconds press button 0 twice.

3. The present status for days or distance is displayed.Within 10 seconds turn electronic key in steering lock to position 0.

4. Press and hold button 0, while turning electronic key in steering lock to position 2 again. The present status for days or distance is displayed once more. Continue to hold button 0. After approx. 10 seconds a signal sounds, and the display shows 10000 miles (Canada: 15 000 km).

5. Release button 0.

RyanV likes this.
  2. RyanV

RyanV Member

I've used this one before. Handy to get rid of the service reminder after you've changed the oil.

Do you actually go that long between changes? I'm hesitant to even go 10,000 km.

3. SilverStar

SilverStar New Member

I have never even come close to the 10,000km mark. The E60 maybe gets 2000km/yr and the E50 only 2-300km/yr.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  4. SilverStar

SilverStar New Member

What oil are you using Ryan?

5. IanB

IanB New Member

I've done this a dozen or more times now, and I always end up with "Service Engine in 0 days", and then the next day I'm back to "Service Engine Now". Somehow this car has been switched over to days from kms, and the interval set to 0 days. I've been unable to find anyone else with this issue, or any advice besides bringing it to the dealer.

6. IanB

IanB New Member

I was messing with this again last night, this car is confused. I can reset the kms, but it resets to 25,000kms! Which doesn't even matter, cause there is also a day timer, with is set to 0 days as a reset point, so depending on whether I did a service reset that day or not, I'm greeted with either "Service Due in 0 Days" or "Service Due Now". This thing needs to be hooked up to a dealer grade computer system and reset to factory I fear. I can't seem to find anyone else with this specific issue, AND a solution to it, lol.

I have a whiteboard in my garage that I track maintenance on my vehicles with, so this whole system is redundant anyways, if there was a way to just disable it I would in a second.