Visiting Japan? Where should you go?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Derek, Jun 22, 2013.

1. silent112

silent112 Ryan

I heard in order to buy in Japan you need a Japanese license and proof of a parking spot, at least that's what I heard from that top gear episode a while back (kei car episode)

2. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

also, I've heard to do custom papers in Japan you need another license...

3. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

Bump this waaaay back up. My wife and I are talking about a trip out in a few years, depending on money. Does most of the above list stand. Is there more anyone can add? Places to stay away from?

4. Ethan

Ethan New Member

I heard that Japanese is very nice people. I dream to go to Japan once

5. JapaneseTranslator

JapaneseTranslator English and Japanese Translator

Number 1 view in Japan has to be the view of Tokyo by night while standing at the top of Tokyo Skytree. The daytime view is fine and all, but the night time view is amazing.
    If you want to drive around Japan a bit, it's cheaper to do it in a k-car (highway tolls are cheaper for smaller cars). Driving standards are the best in Asia so there's a lot less likelihood of you being killed on the road compared to Thailand or Vietnam. Honestly, just putting petrol in your car in an experience... the way the petrol pump attendants direct you into your space beside the fuel pump as if you're a Boeing 747 arriving on stand... and then they clean your car and windows while you re-fuel, and then direct you safely back out onto the road and bow as you drive off... it really is an experience.
    Speeding on main roads is difficult because there are cops everywhere, but you'll be fine in the mountains.