Virus having any foreseeable impact on importing?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dmnd, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Ya im going down tomorrow.. and Wednesday and friday i think. lol.
    got 8 cars to pickup for clients. busy busy.

2. RyanV

RyanV Member

Take pics and post! :) I always like seeing what's coming in.

3. Dah_Hunter

Ugh so busy. Went from 8 cars to 12....

4. dmnd

dmnd Gallo 24

I’m trying to figure out an insurance hurdle before I head down this weekend. Can’t get through to them on the phone to add the Fairlady. They were already starting to cut call centre staffing before covid, then there was a case in their call centres. Some people reported being on hold for 4 hours before getting an agent on the line.... TD Insurance for anyone curious. Will have to try calling at 6am tomorrow and hopefully speak to someone by lunch time lol.

5. RyanV

RyanV Member

LOL! Is that most of the used cars that arrived on the boat?

I had a similar issue with TD Waterhouse. They reduced their hours and they weren't taking calls on the weekend anymore. PITA to call and wait to get through on a work day when I'm at work. I think I ended up waiting an hour.

6. Dah_Hunter

There is average 200 Used cars per boat landing these days.

7. David Smith

David Smith New Member

What do most people declare as the cost of purchase for insurance purposes? Landed cost? Cost of the vehicle minus transport?

thx

8. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

I always declare market price. Look at craigslist for similar models/condition/mileage and do your extrapolation...

In case of total loss (stolen), will insurance give you your landed cost? I really do not know...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  9. dmnd

dmnd Gallo 24

I typically use cost of vehicle plus associated costs with getting it home and passing OOP.

Do you have your car yet David?

I got home on Monday after stopping in Sicamous for a couple nights.

After the first night in Sicamous I was shocked to find the engine was low 3 quarts of oil... I had to top up with 3 bottles before it reach the mid mark on the stick. This was an error on my part due to complacency and laziness. Luckily the oil pressure light did not go off during the initial 400km drive.

I noticed the steering column was very loose and sloppy when I picked up at Ben’s. When I finally tore it apart yesterday, the assembly was hanging on by 2 threads on a single bolt (suppose to be 2 holding it in). Lucky I made it home without the whole column dropping into my lap.

10. David Smith

David Smith New Member

Wow that's scary! I picked mine up this morning. Everything went smooth until I dug into trying to get DRLs hooked up. I can't seem to find the wire for the headlights under the dash. I may try to just tap into the left/right wires right at the headlights but apparently to get to the headlights on this car you have to first take the front bumper off! Oh, and I've now found 4 of these - all dead - don't know what they are but I'm not a fan of spiders in the first place so it's a bit disconcerting....
    spider.jpg

11. dmnd

dmnd Gallo 24

LOL! Remember I had posted about the Green Ridge having a spider infestation :fire:

That was pretty quick considering your car went via Livingston, did you grab it from the rail yard?

12. David Smith

David Smith New Member

loll I don't know what kind of spiders these are/were but god they are big. Car was put on a truck on Friday and arrived Monday. The couldn't put it on rail as the car didn't have enough ground clearance. Good news for me as I received it much sooner :)

13. dmnd

dmnd Gallo 24

Yeah I heard they are drawing a hard line on loading lowered cars on rail cars now. I suppose that’s a good thing. Was it still Livingston that did the truck transport or another company?

14. David Smith

David Smith New Member

it was Livingston. car came through fine, no damage.

15. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

Was the spider dead or alive? Have you searched for a possible nest?
    One of my JDM came with a wasp nest.
    I was lucky because it was abandoned...

16. David Smith

David Smith New Member

They were dead. I did have a good look around and can't see anything else. Had the front bumper off to get to headlight wiring and nothing unusual in there. Fingers crossed the problem is gone.