Vancouver Velocity Cars

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Dah_Hunter, Oct 19, 2014.

1. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

sounds like your standard used car lot, just with RHD. Profits are slim at best selling for a reasonable price, so they are going for the big money, I can understand that.

B-pro here in Cowtown I've heard good things about that guy, its just often selling cars without OOP or pickup at port for a low price, which is then directly compared to my full inspection ready to go Alberta car, but thats moron sideways-hat wearing punks that drive RHD out here mentality.

I swear every Evo and Sti and RHD I see these days is driven by a teen with a stupid hat! maybe its always been that way?

2. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

B-Pro is the JDMconnection of Calgary, well thats what it seems like to me. Moving a lot of cars through and has a good rep, .

The kids love the STI's out there.. my buddy in Edmonton just flipped his, sold in 48 hours for asking price... (Madness) you can barely give JDM cars away out here, and in Alberta they still sell like hot cakes..

3. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Well, the beaten to shit 4-6,000$ ones seem to sell pretty quickly. If someone has a nice one and they put it up for 10+k it sits for a while... from what I remember. Can't say I have been watching the market of Subarus though.

4. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

ya my buddys was pretty clean. just over 100k, he just did the timing belt, etc. sold for $8500 in 48 hours.

5. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Clean for 7-9 sells quick. Which STi?

In Alberta, for an STi your options are: shitty beat up JDM for 6-7 (these are the sideways hat, street racing, crashing, hoonigan sticker, giving JDM a bad name crew), clean JDM for 8-13, or beat up rusted miled out GD for 12-15, or decent but higher mileage GD for 15-18, decent GD for 19-24. Then the newer ones. So the lower end of each bracket seem to sell quickly, sometimes a higher bracket will show up in the lower bracket price range and those get scooped up over night lol.

6. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

In Winnipeg it seems like any decent Subaru will get snatched up pretty quick, if you're not looking constantly and ready to buy it'll be gone before you have time to consider it.

7. Trevor

Trevor New Member

Can anyone PM me the number of the Inspection shop they recommend/use? Thanks

8. trev

trev New Member

This guy is not me! ;)

Rygar likes this.
  9. Trevor

Trevor New Member

Anyone have the info? Dah?

10. RyanV

RyanV Member

Have you tried calling them and asking?

11. Trevor

Trevor New Member

Yea they don't answer

12. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I doubt any of us know, and if you read the thread, I doubt any of us are on speaking terms.

13. Moazzam Ahmed Chundriger

Moazzam Ahmed Chundriger New Member

Well Guyz .. I am the Supplier from Japan .. :)

14. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

So you can post the auction sheets they magically 'forget' to post?

15. Moazzam Ahmed Chundriger

Greg, any unit you buy from us, we would gladly give out the auction sheet.

16. Rygar

Rygar That's what she said.

I think most buyers would want the auction sheet before they buy, not after.

17. Moazzam Ahmed Chundriger

Of course, I will provide the auction sheet before you buy but if you buy from me :)

What Greg asked for is the auction sheets for those units "They" forgot to post.. I hope it is understandable that I won't be able to give out those as those units are sold to "Them" already and God know why they hid the auction sheets.. I wouldn't give out information that my customer would not want me to .. :)

Cheers.

18. trev

trev New Member

Was in the area last week and visited for my first time, but I basically had some time to kill and walked around the lot and inspected pretty much everything that was there.

I was not approached by a single employee, and I had to have been there for at least half an hour.

I see a lot of rage directed at this lot, but I was not hassled and the condition of the cars seemed "JDM-typical" from my experience. Prices were a bit high, but I assume there is room to negotiate, and well, it is a dealer ...

Anyhow, it was pretty cool to see some cars I'd ran across online on TCV or dealer inventories in months previous.

19. RyanV

RyanV Member

I drive by this place most mornings now and it seems like they have more domestics in their lot than they used to. I wonder if they are changing or if they are just getting a lot of trade-ins.

20. trev

trev New Member

I have no idea what they may be doing ... but with the dollar in the crapper and used car prices down, not much money to be made on JDMs I'd think.