Vancouver Velocity Cars

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Dah_Hunter, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I emailed asking for the chassis number of it and haven't heard anything back, nor do I think I will.

2. Mark - Brave Auto

Mark - Brave Auto JDM Auction Agent/Exporter

It is the same car.

Brought from USS-R (I am looking at it now on the USS main site) - as you guys know we have USS Nagoya and we have USS-R Nagoya and both auctions are not far for each other. USS-R has a huge parts dismantling operation by it for very good reason. USS-R's auction fee is cheaper than USS but the vehicles at USS-R do not reach the same amount of money at the hammer as USS.

Why, the R does not stand for "Reliable", it stands for "Recycle" and it is a junk auction and everyone on this side of the fence (well most) knows this. If you have a problem vehicle (over heats, jumps out of 5th gear or whatever) you would place it into this auction because there is no claim. Some sellers are to cheap and will not pay the normal USS auction fee so they will sell at this auction but at the end of the day if they have a good vehicle they would be thick in placing it in this auction because you will get more for the vehicle at hammer at other auctions. To buy out of this auction you have to have big balls unless you are planning to buy for parts.
    Unfortunately, some buyers are not aware of the above and the risk with this auction and I am pretty sure some exporters will not advise them, all they want is their agents fee……lol.

Year - became younger over night…..lol.

Km's - must of drove it backwards from Japan and the long way at that to Canada……lol.

JEVIC Speedo Check (if it is JEVIC) - a bit like the auction sheets, auction invoices etc, photoshop is the dodgy exporters or importers best friend. However, with JEVIC you can in fact contact them to confirm that the certificate is real or not.

Anyway, as Derek said, this could be an honest mistake, someone has listed it on their site incorrectly, it does happen, I think we have been here before with vehicles grades where it was an honest mistake......;) - http://forums.jdmvip.com/Velocity_Cars_in_BC_Import_Discussion_Vendor_amp_Exporter_Feedback-6527-t

kingsoup, _drew and tperkins like this.
  3. _drew

_drew New Member

not to sound weird @Mark - Brave Auto, but next time I come to Japan, can I just sit there and listen to what you have to say haha?

fountain of awesome knowledge, your posts never fail to impress.

/creepiness

IMPUL likes this.
  4. Mark - Brave Auto

Mark - Brave Auto JDM Auction Agent/Exporter

Wait until you see the post I am writing right now about something else, bring a bottle of Burbon with you and I will talk to you until your ears fall off.

IMPUL likes this.
  5. _drew

_drew New Member

filled my water bottle and popped some popcorn ... I'm ready!

6. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

7. Wolfd89

Wolfd89 Last in, first out

dmnd and Murrdawg02 like this.
  8. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Woah.. interesting catch.. guess they are both buying from the same Dealer.

This is a mystery i need to solve..

9. dmnd

dmnd Tuna Sandwich

B-Pro gets his AMVIC license by using dealer address' of shady used/consignment lots. The address he used last year was that of Trendz Auto in Calgary and they got shut down after they screwed a bunch of customers out of selling their cars and not paying them. Not sure if I would want to do business with someone that affiliates with these sort of business'. Afaik in Alberta you can have a zoned car dealer grant you space on their lot for car sales in order for you to get your AMVIC licensed, EXCEPT in the city of Calgary this is not permitted and you need a business license of your own with a commercial address zoned for car sales. Don't know how this guy slips through.

10. trev

trev New Member

11. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Google Cache to the rescue..

12. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Brian from B-Pro does not buy from me but I have had the opportunity to meet him when he visited Japan. He is a very upfront person and I would not hesitate to recommend him. There are very few exporters and importers that I recommend.

What Brian is doing to get the license is understandable for a small startup. In fact, it is quite common and shows candour that he is taking the steps to be completely legal. These licenses are purposefully difficult for smaller companies to obtain. They are this way because of powerful dealer organizations that try to keep the new companies out as a barrier to entry. It is a monopolistic and evil system. These are the same organizations that lobby the government to ban imports. The same people who lied in the ICBC 40% study. I would caution to be careful repeating their talking points.

I don't think that we should demonize people in the industry based on their position in the market. I had been the small guy for years and I know first hand how much more difficult it is to succeed as a small company. People said the same things about me and my company. I still hear it from some exporters who feel a need to discredit me. However, we have worked very hard and we are getting a lot of positive feedback.

Brian has cars listed on his website that a lot of importers have. This is no surprise but many importers list stock that is held by exporters in Japan. In this case, Brian happens to list the same car as Velocity but that does not mean that they are affiliated in any way. Notice that Velocity was charging $2500 more for the same car.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    lenglish and Greg like this.
  13. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

On the topic of Bpro:

I could't handle the stupidity in the first page of this thread, so even though I haven't posted "there" in years, I had to say something.

http://forums.jdmvip.com/BPro_Impor...iscussion_Vendor_amp_Exporter_Feedback-6957-t

I have no affiliation with Bpro at all, it just bugs me that even though Brian went above and beyond for this guy, he still decided to post a review painting him in a negative light. Then the "boss man" had to bring in his sob story.... Gahhh....

Not sure why i ever even visit that site at all.

Derek likes this.
  14. Murrdawg02

Murrdawg02 Danger to the manifold

I'm with you, I really need to stop visiting there. I havent found any useful info in a long time, and every other posts bugs me, like this one about B-Pro.

That should be a rave review about B-Pro about how Brian did the things no other (or very few) importers would ever do, not how "All of these situations could have been avoided". How to avoid? Don't buy a 15+ year old car you have never seen before lol.

Derek likes this.
  15. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

To add to this thread - just found this on Kijiji while searching Canada for keis for sale for fun, lol

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...-w/1005126825?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Note the line - "The truck is loaded with AC and Airbags for comfort and safety." A/C? Yes, perhaps, but this year of Hijet never even had airbags as a possible option that I am aware of, plus, just looking at the steering wheel, it's way too small to be a wheel with an airbag...

Sketchtacular.

16. Bushman

Bushman New Member

Car salesmen in general are rarely car guys, knowledgeable or accurate.....I usually get turned off when i am in any dealership and ask specifics about different cars.
    Buyer Beware!

notjon and IMPUL like this.
  17. notjon

notjon New Member

been there once.... agree with every post on here. Velocity is so sketch and flooding our local market with questionable vehicles is NOT cool.

IMPUL and Bushman like this.
  18. Bushman

Bushman New Member

Word

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    IMPUL likes this.
  19. rJZx

rJZx New Member

I've been there twice the sales people over there have barely any knowledge of the cars they sell. In the summer time I went there to look at the chaser the salesman helping me told me it's basically a 4 door supra with the 2jz engine... Then I correct him saying it's a 1jzgte vvti and he rudely replied you're talking about altezzas and we have them in stock if you want to see them.... Wtf :\ .

I asked and they let me drive the s15 spec r and r34 gtt. I was driving the cars respectively knowing that I didn't want to beat on someone elses car. Salesman encourages me to push the car more and I did, seemed like he was more amused than I was. I asked him if any customers try and drift the cars during test drives and he told me sometimes but it isn't encouraged. Also I would like to note that the salesman kept referring to the s15 as the drift god... lol.

I was still interested in the chaser and I gave him a fair offer of 7000 back when it was listed at 9890 (Thank god he didn't take it). Kept trying to persuade me to meet him at 8000 and it's mine. Telling me if he sells it for 7000 they make no profit and a few months later it's dropped to 6000. :p

Anyways I would never do business with them or recommend them to anyone. They do let you look at the auction sheet if they feel like you're a potential buyer. Too much mark up, average quality, uninformed sketchy sales people is enough to drive anyone away.

IMPUL likes this.
  20. JamalS13

JamalS13 I like cheese

I went there last summer with a few friend when i was on vacation, we literally sat in every car in the lot, while the sales guy was busy with a customer. They made us like their facebook page before we could leave basically. and told us "we love alberta people, they buy all our cars" i never seen such pushy sales people, they tried so hard to get us to buy something haha. Oh well, i sat in like twenty different cars, my favourite was being in a Sumbar, i got what i wanted!

[​IMG]

IMPUL likes this.