Vancouver Velocity Cars

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Dah_Hunter, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

This isnt really a review..

These guys are known for flooding Criagslist with adds that have keywords for every car known to man.

there is some interesting bickering going on here:
    Revscene

My only interaction with them was very brief and they were very annoying and trying to push me to be the car i was looking at,

2. silent112

silent112 Ryan

I always see them spamming CL, a bit annoying. I find it interesting that they sponsor revscene and all the members do is talk bad about them.
    I've always wondered how much they would lie about cars they have, grades etc. Maybe they're all R grades.
    Does anyone know who sources their cars for them?
    If I'm ever near these guys I'll try to check them out.

3. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

Haha. That's great. Nice to see a shitstorm that doesn't involve me haha! :D Thanks for the smiles today Hunter!

IMPUL likes this.
  4. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I asked them for an auction sheet for a certain vehicle, and they gave me the two step around why they didn't have it, just kept pestering me with emails that it was an awesome choice and I should call him on his cell phone as soon as I could. I ended up emailing a copy of the auction sheet to them, asking for a translation, and his reply was "I don't speak Japanese, but I can tell you that this is an awesome choice blah blah blah."

I wasn't in a buying position, just curious to see their operations, and I wasn't let down...They came across like I assume every used car salesman to be...Pushy and greasy.

[​IMG]

IMPUL likes this.
  5. skylinetimes

skylinetimes New Member

They did me a favor actually....I called them awhile back, asking where they get all their cars inspected, the owner gladly told me. Took my car to one of the shops they use, just like that the car was legal lol

6. Dah_Hunter

ya good lol. as a dealer i would hope they would hold there cars to a higher standard.. but they dont..

7. RyanV

RyanV Member

Yeah, the whole thing about "being fair" by making PST 12% on personal used car vehicles to make it an "even playing field" for dealerships vs personal sales totally irks me.

Did you know that the car dealerships actually put in a petition to make that happen when all the HST stuff was going on? Doesn't seem right to me...

8. rJZx

rJZx New Member

What shop do they go to for inspections?

9. Greg

Interesting. They had this Pajero for sale for $7000, now I see they've raised the price to $8,999...And put it on special for $7,890...Greasy...

IMPUL and Murrdawg02 like this.
  10. Dah_Hunter

I PMed you the info

11. Jordan

Jordan New Member

I went to Velocity a couple months ago just to check out what the had on the lot, was interested in sitting inside one of there STI's. They only had 1 STI on the lot and 4 Evos. I told the salesman I wanted to take a look at there Subie.. The salesmen then started bashing the STI, claiming if something goes wrong with the spark plugs you need to remove the whole engine to replace them and nobody will service GC8's because they are impossible to fix...? Then pushes me to the 5 Evo's they can't sell at $14,000 and is getting me to sit inside them while telling me how he will give me the best price possible if I drive it home today. I said I wasn't interested in the Evo's and just wanted to see the Subaru. After I check out the Subaru he then drags me into the "office" and again tries to shove the Evo in my face. I say I'm not interested so he takes my phone number down and ends up calling me the next week to see if I want to change my mind about the Evo............

Very, very pushy dealership.. I wouldn't recommend anybody to go there unless they like receiving false information and pushed to buy a car your not interested in! Seriously, remove the whole engine to change a spark plug..?

12. Dah_Hunter

New Review for Vancouver Velocity Cars Ltd
    Revscene

Screen grab incase it gets removed:
    [​IMG]

13. Greg

14. RyanV

RyanV Member

Check by cross referencing the VIN i guess...

15. Greg

All the stickers match up, the things on the bumper, and the different coloured lip...I'd call it pretty damn certain...

16. Greg

Also, when they DO post the auction sheet, I feel they crop/edit out pertinent details. Shouldn't this have a number in the top left box, and the auction house written on it? And Japanese writing across the top?

Attached Files:

17. Braden

Braden New Member

I like their stock of cars and just browsing their website sometimes. I think they bring in a lot of garbage though. I don't think I'd ever buy anything from them.

18. Bushman

Bushman New Member

Large stock, the newb salesmen are honest, the higher ups are shifty capitalizing on the not so savvy but genuine care lovers from all woks of life. Business is business, buyer beware....all big biz is the same.
    Folks on this site either know their stuff or are well on the way....not in need of a dealership experience.

I don't think they operate any different than any other used car lot.

19. Dah_Hunter

Nope. just they are dealing in Japan Imports, which means its my Duty to make sure people are informed. :)

IMPUL, Greg and trev like this.
  20. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

It indeed looks like the same vehicle. The aftermarket corner pieces and the sticker on the rear bumper give it away. I wonder if it is an honest mistake or something else. The company says that they have an odometer inspection certificate. I wonder what authority issues it. We get ours from Jevic on the customer's request. Maybe someone needs to notify them of the error.