USS no longer displaying sold prices?

Discussion in 'Importing Misc' started by dmnd, Jan 10, 2015.

1. RyanV

RyanV Member

I noticed this now for the past few weeks or so :( There was a Brabus W210 wagon that I was interested to see what it went for.

Isn't there another USS auction blocking as well? I think maybe USS Yokohama?

2. Mark - Brave Auto

Mark - Brave Auto JDM Auction Agent/Exporter

All USS are blocking.

Lot: 77047 (at a good guess) sold: 729,000yen car cost.

3. RyanV

RyanV Member

:o Damn....I should have checked with you on that one... I was thinking 1.2 mil CIF would have been my max, but I figured that would have been way too low...:( I was guessing at least 1.2 mil would have been the car cost.

4. Murrdawg02

Murrdawg02 Danger to the manifold

It appears sold prices are back!

5. Garth

Garth New Member

Any car I save to see how much it sold for hasn't been displaying prices.

It used to be like 70% would, 30% wouldn't. Now it's like 90% don't, 10% do.

6. RyanV

RyanV Member

Still not seeing it on my end. I'm interested to know what USS Tokyo 70032 went for on December 8 if anyone can see prices.

7. Murrdawg02

Hmmm it seems I may have spoke to quickly. I get a few but not many.

8. Garth

Garth New Member

Anyone know of any specific auctions that actually display sold prices at this point?

:( Everything i want to look at...nothing

9. Mark - Brave Auto

Mark - Brave Auto JDM Auction Agent/Exporter

USS is the only one "so far" that is blocking it.

All others "CAA, JU, TAA, HAA etc etc" are still displaying.

Maybe......... from the end of Feb USS will also block auction photos and auction sheets, basically everything from the third part sites.

Some of you may know, to log onto USS main website we have to use an USB security key which only USS members have. This month, new software was released and we have until Feb to install it on our office and laptop computers. But, I think it will also have something to do with blocking the third party sites as well.

Why I think this - someone (USS member) is giving access to the companies that offer the third party sites and that is how they have been able to copy the information over the years. I am sure it is a bit more technically involved but they are gaining access via a security USB key. But I think the new software will block this as they (USS) are up to something as there is a lot of changes recently going on via the main USS auction site.

They (USS) have also recently been advertising heavily on the main auction site that it is against USS members rules to copy "any" information such as photos, auction sheets, prices etc from the site. They have always had warnings here and there on the site but lately every time I log on to the site there are neon flashing lights and warning messages like the following which comes up in English and Japanese.

[​IMG]

For the agents who do not have real auction membership and can only search via the third party auction sites................ oh dear, Huston, we have a problem.

10. Murrdawg02

I can understand them blocking 3rd parties from the prices, but doesnt blocking all access to vehicle information hurt agents such as yourself now that your clients cannot see available lots? Which would in turn hurt USS as less people will be bidding on cars?
    It doesnt exactly seem like a good business decision on their part, unless there is a way USS provides a service where non members can view the auction listings. Maybe there is and I am not aware of it.

I hope your suspicion proves to be false, I love looking at the auction listings.