Trade Car View / Goo-net Reviews

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Dah_Hunter, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

This thread is going to be for reviews on Dealers listing on Trade Car View/Goo-Net. (Tradecarview.com & Goo-Net) This site is a HUGE network on Dealers all over japan, selling all sorts of cars. While its great for Window shopping its hard to know if the dealer you want to deal with is good.

So if you have bought a car from Trade Car View/Goo-Net, Please do a review here.

Make a post, with the Following info:

Approximate Date of Purchase:
    Trade Car View Dealer Name:
    Link to Dealer Site/Trade Car view inventory:
    Make/Model of car you bought:
    Ease of Communication with Dealer:
    Services offered by the Dealer (Extra Pics, Cleaning Services, Repairs Etc):
    Paperwork (Was it correct for you to do customs smoothly:
    Overall Summery of your Experience:
    Would you Recommend them to someone else:
    Pic of Car (just to show off):

2. Dah_Hunter

Approximate Date of Purchase: March 06th 2013

GOLDENMILES CO.,LTD

Golden Miles CO

Make/Model of car you bought: Toyota Starlet Glanza S 1998

So far so go, they have been comunicating via Tradecarview internal Mail system, English seems fine, and they get back to be in 24/48 hours.

They didnt offer me any other services, infact they didnt even want to sell me the car, however i emailed them, and i guess won them over, after a couple days. the car was sent to the port (So they said) so they couldn't take extra photos of the car for me, however they did get back to me with the Tire Specs that i had requested a week earlier. So they didnt report the mileage on the car correctly. The Exporter Certificate shows a totally different mileage then what the ad says. When i confronted them, they told me it was a misake and the girl that updates there on-line listings mixed the cars up. also they will give me a discount on the next car i buy off them. When i got the car

Paper was as expected, there bill of Sale was lacking in detail but good enough for customs

Overall Summery of your Experience:
    So far, its been simple enough. Picked up the car, and less then impressed. The car had even higher Milage then the Export Certificate claimed, had some minor issues that are annoying. Sent a strong worded Email to them, about it. They just said that it was a error with the person that made the add, and that its not them at fault.

Nope.

Pic of the car:
    [​IMG]

3. Dah_Hunter

Approximate Date of Purchase: March 27/2013

Trade Car View Dealer Name: TM Trading

Link to Dealer Site/Trade Car view inventory: http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/all/all/?uid=1670517

Make/Model of car you bought: 1998 R34 GTT

Ease of Communication with Dealer: First could Emails were through TCV system, however that system annoys me, so i gave them my E-Mail and was contacted by a Sales Reb named Imran Asif. He always got back to be promply, and answered my questions with ease.
    Services offered by the Dealer (Extra Pics, Cleaning Services, Repairs Etc): Whatever needed, He got the car washed and waxed, as well as offered to do other things to it, he would go and take pics of whatever i wanted (The car was on his lot)

Paperwork (Was it correct for you to do customs smoothly: nothing special. Bill of Sale was simple, but good enough for customs.

Overall Summery of your Experience: I would say good, they havent delt with Canada before, also im a demanding guy, cause i know what paperwork i want, and i like to make sure that the BOL gets surrendered in Japan. so i was a pain for him but things progressed smooth, Originals arrived to me before the car did thats another one of my requirements. I cautiously optimistic when going to pick the car up, and Very surprised the car was better then i expected. Considering all i had was iPhone pics of it from Japan. It was clean, had Coilovers and a better exhaust. Runs great. couldn't be more satisfied.

Would you Recommend them to someone else: Yes i would.

4. Vik Bout

Vik Bout New Member

Approximate Date of Purchase: September 2014
    Trade Car View Dealer Name: Carchs Co. Ltd.
    Link to Dealer Site/Trade Car view inventory: http://www.tradecarview.com/pr/504725/
    Make/Model of car you bought: Aristo JZS-161
    Ease of Communication with Dealer: Great communication, answered all my questions and concerns. Since this was my first car to import there were a lot of them.
    Services offered by the Dealer (Extra Pics, Cleaning Services, Repairs Etc): Sent me more pictures of the car to make sure I still want it because after posting original pics on the add previous owner took off the stereo and the shift knob. Offered and sent me translated Export Certificate.
    Paperwork (Was it correct for you to do customs smoothly: All good.
    Overall Summery of your Experience: Everything went good, the only thing was that the car needed new wheel hub bearing but since I didn't request an inspection before buying the car it was alright with me.
    Would you Recommend them to someone else: Yes.
    [​IMG]

Garth likes this.
  5. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

Ive always been skeptical of tradecarview. There prices always seem extremely low when compared to recent auction sales. Which I guess if its real ( not a mistake ) then thats great. But something to good to be true often is.

Based on online reviews Ive stayed away from them due to exactly what D_H experienced. But some dealers using tradecarview are not like that based on the 2 other posts in this thread.

Risky business i guess.

6. skylinetimes

skylinetimes New Member

I just got a car through that site, communication was not very good, but after much negotiation (with help of a member on here) there was a deal. Mainly I was shopping for exactlyyyy what I wanted (and it had to be cheap). This dealer I went through had 95% positive feedback and at least %40 percent of their customer feedback was Canadian. I suppose I could write up a better experience review on this process once the car has landed and such.

7. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

I am interested in this thread as I still plan on eventually importing a Suzuki Wagon R RR at some point, however, there don't seem to be all that many of them on import auction sites when I search Derek's or Brave Auto's Auction Search Tools, but there do always seem to be quite a few on Goonet...always wondered how trustworthy it was purchasing from sites like there!

8. SammyKC

SammyKC New Member

Anybody here used Real Motor Japan Z from tradecarview? They also have their own web site @ www.realmotor.jp

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  9. SammyKC

SammyKC New Member

Approximate Date of Purchase: Late May 2013
    Trade Car View Dealer Name: Helios Trading Ltd.
    Link to Dealer Site/Trade Car view inventory: http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/all/all/?uid=504895
    Make/Model of car you bought: Toyota Regius Wagon - Wind Tourer
    Ease of Communication with Dealer: Their English was not perfect but very good. They responded to all my questions quickly
    Services offered by the Dealer (Extra Pics, Cleaning Services, Repairs Etc): I asked for a copy of the auction sheet which they scanned and sent me through the tradecarview mail. There was no other services offered but I didn't ask for anything so I cant say that that are not willing to do other stuff (cleaning, repairs, etc)
    Paperwork (Was it correct for you to do customs smoothly: I had no issues with paperwork. I asked them to surrender B/L which they did. We had Courtney agency broker for us
    Overall Summery of your Experience: This was my 2nd JDM but first from tradecarview. I was a little nervous at first but the van was better that I expected it to be. this vendor was honest about condition and mileage.
    Would you Recommend them to someone else: yes
    Pic of Car (just to show off):
    van.png

The child with her head sticking out the sun roof was not included

unfortunately about 3 weeks ago a large buck wanted a closer look at this van and I could not stop in time before hitting him. The van is a write off . . . so is the buck!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  10. Dah_Hunter

THats to bad about the Van, Welcome to the site though. hope ICBC were easy on you? you on the hunt for another one? or something else?

11. SammyKC

SammyKC New Member

I'm looking at a Pajero Exceed as a replacement. ICBC is having trouble determining replacement value the Regius so I'm still waiting to finalize my claim.

12. Ihatedomestic

Ihatedomestic I rarely post; mostly lurk in the shadows

I haven't done business with either of the companies below, but I will give a couple of first impressions after having just signed up with them earlier this week:

Tradecarview: decent selection, giving you access to dealer stock all over Japan, which gives quite a range if prices for very similar vehicles.
    Big negative for me: my inbox is now getting bombarded with emails. They track what vehicles you're looking at and will send you emails based on that tracking info. So many f'n emails....

Nikkyo: it's currently 10:30pm on a Sunday and I just got off the phone with a rep from Nikkyo. He was calling to find out more info about me before I was able to complete my online registration with them. Apparently they require a deposit before you can be completely registered and start bidding at auction, using their services. Understandable...helps keep away dead beat bidders I guess. I told him I was only looking to browse the auctions for now and wasn't quite ready to start bidding. He went on to tell me what they offer and hoped to have me as a customer. Quite a nice fella and his English was great.

We'll see how this week plays out and perhaps I can offer more insight into these 2 companies.

13. skylinetimes

skylinetimes New Member

tradecarview is brutal for email spam...i get so much everyday lol

14. Vik Bout

Vik Bout New Member

Man I unsubscribed and it never worked, I emailed them several times and they just ignore and keep spamming ahah

15. skylinetimes

skylinetimes New Member

ya I know its stupid lol

16. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

Those two places sound fairly decent ihatedomestic - the e-mail spam would drive me nuts though, if there's anything I'm OCD about, it's about how organized my inbox is, haha!

What are you thinking of bidding on eventually? :p

17. Ihatedomestic

See the thread "what car do you burn for?". That should clear things up :)

18. Ihatedomestic

Approximate Date of Purchase: Early Jan. 15

Unico Trading Co (Mr. Junichi Miyata)

http://www.tradecarview.com/pr/1547706/

Make/Model of car you bought:
    1993 Honda Beat

overall, not too bad. Quick replies through Tradecarview messaging. English was not so great. A quote from the latest message: "My cute car in good drive!" Or from a previous message: "It is a matter OK to send the photos to you."
    Tough to understand sometimes, but very polite, upbeat seller.

Had to ask for additional photos and the inspection sheet. But, did an oil change and 4 new tires without really asking him to. I think he even had the car cleaned/detailed before shipping.

Have not received the paperwork. Has not left port yet. Was told all documents will be DHL'd to my house once it leaves port. I have a digital copy of the export cert.
    Update: all paperwork has arrived, including a few extra little things (a couple of post cards and a couple of new car brochures.

Overall Summery of your Experience: So far, so good. Good deal on the car. The dealer was great to deal with. First looking at and using Tradecarview...makes buying cars waaaayyy too easy.

I give them (Unico) two thumbs up and highly recommend. They are very small and don't have much inventory, so chances of someone else on here buying from them is pretty slim.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  19. Vik Bout

Vik Bout New Member

Has anyone ever bought from Goo-Net? I can't even get a quote, nobody's replying..

20. Sask

Sask New Member

The first Altezza I bought had a rolled back odometer ,and "wasn't bought at auction". Or they just sent me fake odo pictures, probably more likely. Thankfully I found this out before it shipped and got a refund through PayTrade. Still took a couple months to get the money back but much better than nothing.
    Approximate Date of Purchase: July 4 2014
    Trade Car View Dealer Name: Sanjyo Co. Ltd
    Link to Dealer Site/Trade Car view inventory: http://www.tradecarview.com/pr/1852291/
    Make/Model of car you bought: 1999 Toyota Altezza
    Ease of Communication with Dealer: Was pretty good until I demanded a refund
    Services offered by the Dealer (Extra Pics, Cleaning Services, Repairs Etc): Extra pictures (from google images)
    Paperwork (Was it correct for you to do customs smoothly: Didn't get that far
    Overall Summery of your Experience: Terrible - but I did get a refund (thanks PayTrade)
    Would you Recommend them to someone else: Solid no - DO NOT BUY FROM SANJYO CO. LTD

The second Altezza I bought turned out much better. Some scratches and what not but it was basically exactly what the auction sheet showed. With only replacing the timing belt and doing basic maintenance its been great so far! I got them to lower the tradecarview price to that on their website (http://www.japancarsdirect.com/) could be helpful to anyone looking to buy through them.
    Approximate Date of Purchase: July 18 2014
    Trade Car View Dealer Name: Meteor Co. Ltd.
    Link to Dealer Site/Trade Car view inventory: http://www.tradecarview.com/pr/504912/
    Make/Model of car you bought: 1999 Toyota Altezza
    Ease of Communication with Dealer: Was good all the way through
    Services offered by the Dealer (Extra Pics, Cleaning Services, Repairs Etc): Not sure
    Paperwork (Was it correct for you to do customs smoothly: Arrived on time, everything went well
    Overall Summery of your Experience: Great!
    Would you Recommend them to someone else: Yep

In Japan:
    [​IMG]

So close yet so far away:
    [​IMG]

We made it:
    [​IMG]