Trade car view (Altezza Content)

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Dah_Hunter, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

So i was check out tradecarview, and i found this car:

[​IMG]

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan car/toyota/altezza/13730038/

Looks great, low miles. etc etc.

So i message the dealer, asked a couple questions, they said the miles were accurate, body was in good shape no accidents etc...

Then i check the auction sold history.. and match the VIN.

Lets just say, not impressed..

I have bought a car before off trade car view (Toyota Starlet) that was listed with the wrong Kms, (100,000kms less,) Not impressed.

people looking at cars on tradecarview or goo-net make sure you do your homework, or post the car here so we can do it for you.

Attached Files:

2. william

william William

Exact reason why I steer people away from sites like Tradecarview. Or at least purchasing direct through them. If a 3rd party inspection can be arranged then it's more safe. So many times though the chassis numbers will not show up in auction history... Not worth the risk in my eyes.

3. Dah_Hunter

also if you look at the price.. 240 FOB.. it would have been cheaper at auction..

since it sold for 106,000Yen at auction. so that would be around 206,000 Fob.

4. Megatol

Megatol Mr. Toyota

Tradecarview offers buyer's protection for additional fee, just curious, if you bought car with 50000 km and actual mileage is 160000 km (110000 kms difference) will you get some kind refund from them?

Another point is export certificate - it has recorded mileage from couple previous shakens, so it will be visible right away what odometer was altered. As I understand: export certificate issued by some government organization and TCV dealer cannot modify it.

5. Dah_Hunter

The Buyers Protection is only for if you dont receive the car:

http://www.tradecarview.com/PayTrade/whatpaytrade/

I agree that the Exporter Certificate shows the more Accurate Kms..

However you dont get to see that till after the money ahs changed hands, and shipping is arranged (That document get generated once the car is de-registered and scheduled to leave.

none of this offers any protection to the buyer im afraid.. unless the seller doesnt send a car at all.

6. robbieg

robbieg Does this and that from time to time

I think it's funny that they have aftermarket badges that say it's an is200... when here you'd do the opposite. You always want what you cant' have, eh?

7. Megatol

Megatol Mr. Toyota

I guess the only option is to read dealer's reviews and check auction statistics. In this particular (Altezza) case dealer has not very good reputation - 16% reviews are negative, which is pretty high.

Logically TCV should be interested to prevent odometers altering because if vehicle came through the auction it is easy to check real millage. TCV gets commission from every sold car and if information for many cars will be falsificated than they will loose customers and revenue.

But sometimes dealers get vehicle not through the action but directly from local people etc, in this case it will not be in auction statistics.

8. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

As far as I know, Tradecarview does not make a commission per sale but charges 50,000 yen per month as a membership fee. Then you can list unlimited numbers of cars and sell them for no fee. Or at least that was the case about four years ago when I checked.

As for the Export Certificate and mileage. You are right that in most cases, the Export Certificate is made after the car is sold cause you need to include the export date on it. Also in the case that it doesn't sell, the dealer does not want to cancel the Export Certificate. However, the seller will have the Shaken-sho to show you instead. It is basically the Japanese registration certificate before it is converted to Export Certificate. It also shows the mileage on it. If you ask for it and they can't show it to you, then that means that they don't own the car.

To be clear Tradecarview is a listing of dealers with some honest ones and some dishonest one. Unfortunately, many buyers look for the cheapest prices for their cars. Dealers know this and so they list their dishonst and cheating cars there to attract attention. This makes it difficult to sell a proper car on a site like Tradecarview because most buyers will see the price and kms and skip past it thinking it is too expensive. It is crazy that there are cars listed there that are for $50... ony to find out that it is in fact $1150 after you add the fees that are not mentioned until later.

I think that there is a lot going on there that is not cool. It is too bad because it is the biggest portal for buyers to connect with dealers. There is an opportunity to make it better but Tradecarview as a company is intentionally turning a blind eye to the troubles cause it brings them more profit.