Mitsubishi tperkins' 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by tperkins, Feb 11, 2015.

1. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

[​IMG]
    6 car trapped during the nicest day of the year.

Slick picture my friend took like a week ago.
    [​IMG]
    Dual of Fates
    by Jonny W, on Flickr

RyanV and IanB like this.
  2. tperkins

3. tperkins

Pulled 6 into shop to wash it, but, then it was so clean already I just put maximum air in the tires which I should have done before parking.

Such a great looking car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://flic.kr/p/2ipzikv <-- another clickable link, so sorry.

IanB and RyanV like this.
  4. tperkins

Have been taking advantage of the nice weather and driving the 6, I have put close to 500 km on it in the last week.

I have to say cruising around here is a lot less fun than cruising around Edmonton. Just more highway kms which aren't really the car's strong suit, but there are a couple nice windy beach roads I go rip some tach on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ordered new OEM headlights, searched for a long time to find the LHD headlight part numbers to be no longer available from Mitsubishi... rats.

Pajerist and RyanV like this.
  5. tperkins

Mileage on this car is way down this year. I have maybe only done 800 km? The weather has just been so brutal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 6 feels downright comfortable now after getting used to the 3. I also pulled over on the side of the highway to help some young guy change his tire. I slowed down and asked "are you alright?" and he said "Yeah, should be okay. I have never done it before though." So I just pulled over and was basically like his father coaching him through.

Took about 25 minutes to find all his stuff to change the tire, lower the rusty spare down, change the tire and in that time I left my hazards on... and that was all it took to kill the battery. I still have the battery that came in it from Japan 5.5 years ago, so its due.

Pajerist likes this.
  6. tperkins

Traveled to Edmonton this weekend for cruise, this time brought the 6. Amazing what perspective can do, because now the 6 feels downright comfortable to drive after driving the 3 more often. Feels like I could comfortably cruise it to the mountains comfortably, mechanically the car would be fine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gf's dad (where we stay now in Edmonton) has this rad replica Cobra, and done as right as you can do it. When he put it together he used new everything, makes 560hp.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pajerist, David Smith and IanB like this.
  7. tperkins

Friend from Tokyo (who I actually met in Slave Lake of all places) sent this sweet care package from Japan.

Pretty rare English brochure, the japanese brochure, and the accessories catalogue, as well as a bunch of hyperrev mags, a shirt, and a CD.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IanB likes this.
  8. tperkins

Took 6 car for a drive, soon it will be winter and everything will be white and depressing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the way stopped in at this place with a bunch of old cars that I have always wanted to stop in, and he happened to be out in the yard. He took about an hour of his time and walked around, told me stories about all these cars. It was pretty cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He has had this one since highschool
    [​IMG]

IanB likes this.
  9. IanB

IanB New Member

Oh man, lots of stuff worth saving in that yard!

10. RyanV

RyanV Member

I'm always curious when I see properties like that. Why would you have so many vehicles that are essentially just rotting away in your field?

11. tperkins

Dude actually used to work or run? a wrecker and these are the cars he saved from certain doom. So he said he keeps them around, open to selling most of them, figures the right person will want them for parts etc.

12. tperkins

Started winter preparations for parking the cars yesterday.

Honestly I haven't had much time for the 6 since 3 was such a basket case, so before storage I am cleaning the whole interior and wet vacuuming the floor mats. I cleaned the exterior, filled it with a full tank and some fuel stabilizer, and I am going to do a car pro reload silica treatment for the ceramic coat, change the oil, fill the tires to the maximum allowable inflatable pressure, and fill it with bounce sheets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. tperkins

Yesterday did a nice little detail, hand washed again then used some Car Pro Reload on the Opticoat 2.0 to restore some of that gloss. Pictures don't really do it justice, gf was all like "whoa, it looks almost white" then laughed and said made fun of how long it took me. I also wet-vac'd the trunk carpet and the floor mats, cleaned the interior, etc. Waiting on oil then it will go to its winter parking spot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. tperkins

Both cars are parked. Snuck the 6 out for one last drive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IanB likes this.