Mitsubishi tperkins' 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by tperkins, Feb 7, 2019.

1. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Thanks! Definitely a good group of people here in Edmonton lucky to be able to drive 5 minutes and pick up an ECU from a guy you've never met.

I should mention that the pins are swapped by Mitsubishi between the evo 5 and 6 in that connector under the dash.

2. David Smith

David Smith New Member

I love it when perseverance pays off! Way to go!

tperkins likes this.
  3. tperkins

Not much today, changed the brakes, made a fender liner that was missing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nosed it into the garage because it seemed like it was going to rain, and then it didn't end up raining at all. But I will say it was much nicer to drive it into the garage than use a come along like all the other times lol.

4. tperkins

Back at it today, put the bumper back on, and Monster Sport rad shroud. RARE.
    [​IMG]
    Yesterday I bled the brakes and got the rubber put on the rims with help from my buddy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

POR15'd some more stuff, including the fuel filler neck (known to rust into bits).Used that VHT black trim paint for the wiper valence.
    [​IMG]
    Changed the rear lower control arms, these are the old ones, one side had a busted bushing that was making a clunking noise.
    [​IMG]
    Also started re-assembling and cleaning everything in the interior. I ended up buying that Evo 6 ECU I was using to test the car from the guy. When I picked it up I recognized some stuff about the car and then it clicked, it was my friends old evo 4 that I knew already had a 5/6 ECU in it. He didn't need the ECU and I didn't want to re-pin for the 7 ECU, so that one is staying now.
    [​IMG]
    The other day I also found a picture of the white car I took when I dropped my silver car off. Check out that date.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  5. tperkins

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Out fer a rip.

magnavahn likes this.
  6. tperkins

Haven't updated in a while, picture snagged during removal of the engine hoist.
    [​IMG]

Went out with a few friends to check out Midnight Rev Up and we went for a little cruise after. Friend's car was at the Bride Canada booth with Invision.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Great evo turn out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As we were talking shit, we noticed that my 5 and @mekazilla share a VIN! (Almost). My 5 is CP9A-0000380 and his 4 is CN9A-0000380
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Talk about bromance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both cars parked now! Working, etc.
    [​IMG]

7. tperkins

This car has been re-homed.