Mitsubishi tperkins’ 1995 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by tperkins, Oct 3, 2019.

1. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Anyways, yeah. Bought an Evo 3 because it is most dominant on the downhill.

Before buying the car my friend went and looked at it for me and said definitely bring a new filter. Luckily I had one. It was also mentioned to me by the previous owner that the car had a rough idle.

When I showed up, did it ever need a new filter!

[​IMG]
    And when I removed the filter, I found big chunks over the honeycomb of the MAF. So, I was like wow it would be funny if this fixed it... and fix it it did!

[​IMG]
    Not long after I was heading to my friends house for an inspection, prior to the OOP inspection. Found loose nuts in engine bay, a bunch of loose bolts, good stuff.

Made it to the OOP fine, surprisingly passed, and found some goodies along the way.

The car has: hks intake, double diverter valve, an apexi exhaust, crazy catch can, pvc hood prop, JIC Magic coilovers, cusco front and rear sway bars, sway bar endlinks, fresh ish poly bushing kit, underbody bracing that runs north-south on the car, double bracing in the rear, cusco front strut bar, a bolt in roll cage, a whole whack of gauges, some that work some that don't, some like 0-60 thing?, some insane short shifter, momo steering wheel, some old bride seats, braided brake lines, project mu pads, and a set of enkeis. It also has two flippy switches I don't know what they do. Measure for crank walk before buying and the crank doesn't move at all. It is seriously a relic of 90's Japan and something about it just seems so cool to me. It was like at first site. Mechanically, the car is tight.

After the OOP, met some friends at Dorinku... somewhere along the way my front signal light fell out and got lost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It made the trip back to slave like like a champ! 8.5L/100. Parked it and went back to work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Impressions! Pretty great car. It drives very solid, feels planted, and has a ton of character. It feels very light, and is much more tail happy than the 6. The body though, is rough. The flares aren't fastened well, trunk has tape over the bolt holes, dent in the trunk, rust on the roof. Needs a lot of love cosmetically. At this point I think I will focus on cleaning up the body of the car.

[​IMG]

IanB likes this.
  2. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Nice addition to the Evo family.

3. tperkins

More about the 3,

seats have rad stickers, would like to retain for next seat or re-order. Option 2 exciting car magazine!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.vkeiguide.com/japan-guide/lemoned-shop-harajuku

http://ip.tosp.co.jp/i.asp?i=black_list_
    Brings you to a thing, if you follow some links it seems like some sort of charity. Donating wheelchairs? Maybe just the web address is no longer active.

Evo fam steps up once again! Since signal light fell out on highway, @pitty was all "Oh, I have a box of evo 3 parts you can have."

Fun surprise when I got it, I will leave you to the translation of the 3d printed Charmander
    [​IMG]
    Now lives on the dash where Charizard lives in the Pajero
    [​IMG]

I like this car, and driving it has kind of helped me with deciding the direction I would like it to go. So far I have found a new drivers seat, and have plans to be rid of those flares for something more... tasteful? The way the rear arches have been rolled basically I am stuck with flares on the car, which is okay because I should be able to run some pretty wide (for an evo 3) tires.

[​IMG]
    The whole gang together, I also got to drive the 6 this weekend and was reminded how great it is. Like, it is just so perfect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have on order: driver seat, factory evo 3 rear wing, evo 6: rear bumper, skirts, flares, front fenders, brembos, knuckles/hubs. She needs some love but the car has so much potential.

RyanV likes this.
  4. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

That is a great line-up. good looking cars.

5. tperkins

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Things!

pitty likes this.
  6. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

I am glad you are doing your part helping save the planet by recycling scrap metal and noxious plastic waste.

7. tperkins

GG

8. tperkins

Got some parts for the 3 from the UK:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I might sell all the 6 body bits I picked up and go a different direction for that, but we will see.

9. tperkins

[​IMG]

Car is pretty solid underneath!

Pajerist likes this.
  10. tperkins

[​IMG]

Ordered some flares.. as there is no coming back from that in the rear arches. Ideally, I could just put the car back to stock, but whatever. Super tidy stock ones are selling from 24-45k right now.

Pajerist likes this.