Toyota Celica

Discussion in 'Toyota' started by Dah_Hunter, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

So i was just wondering, with all this talk about the Altezza..

Who is going to be jumping up and getting a new Gen Toyota Celica:
    [​IMG]

I know there are a Sold only in japan TRD version. pushing around 200..

2. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Let's see... The Celica is a better package than most think. In particular due to the low weight and decent engine.

The real sad trombone is the 180hp and VERY limited ability to get more out of it.

The engine is only about 7/10s as cool as the beams 3S-GE and the FF layout is roughly 6.5/10ths as cool. Looks are subjective but I have never been a fan and am angry at that gen of the Celica cause I hold it responsible for putting the Celica name to rest. Think about it from a styling point of view. Where do you go from this one?

Before people blast me for the FF layout blast, two of my top 10 cars are FFs. It is just that FR is better for me.

3. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Copy from Wiki:

Toyota also released a limited-production version of the 7th generation called the TRD Sports M based on the SS-II. This version was rated at 200 hp (149 kW) and featured a reinforced unibody and available TRD engine and suspension components. The Sports M was only sold in Japan.

4. Braden

Braden New Member

Bleh.
    St205's are so much cooler. These look like something a 16 year old girl would drive.
    200hp and FF.. ITR is so much better.

5. RyanV

RyanV Member

Never really did get excited about these cars. As Braden said, it kind of seems like a "chick car."

6. Speed Stick

Speed Stick The Halifax kid

Agreed, pretty girly car for sure. I'm not a fan at all how they look.

7. Xanicron

Xanicron I'm trying

Yeah, aesthetically not a fan, but they are good cars, and fun to drive. Not sure what they're going for, but I actually wouldn't mind trying one out.

8. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

Hey Ross, you are not exactly making a case against it being a girl car, now, are you! (with your regular choice of girl cars) Zing! :D

OH!
    You just got zanged! :D

Hey, thanks again for that lethbridge area dealers number, who is too busy to care if he sold a car or not! I would be in a Honda Fit or Civic right now, if you hadn't posted those pics. Oh, before I forget, Zanged! :D

9. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

They're not that bad to drive if you keep the comparisons FF. I only rented one because my wife really liked them. I remember the seating position was nice but the visibility out back was poor.
    http://import-era.com/viewtopic.php?pid=3533#p3533
    girls car.