Thinking of purchasing a second gen Pajero...

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi' started by FuzzyLogic, Apr 9, 2016.

1. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic New Member

Just seeing if anyone has had good/bad experiences with the Mitsubishi Pajero. Im thinking of purchasing one for the summer as there are a number of pretty sweet local deals for around 3k on trucks that have approximately 150,000 km on the clock. I will be doing a small commute in it every day for the next four months, and possibly take it out camping and off roading on the weekends.

Pretty much any information is useful, wanting to see other peoples' opinions on these SUVs.

2. robbieg

robbieg Does this and that from time to time

I had a 93 SWB exceed II for about 2 years. It was pretty rad. I really liked it. I sometimes regret selling it. But... that's the life of 'bigger or better' trading.

Complaints:
    - sounds pretty agricultural. Especially when cold... but don't _really_ go away.

The good:
    - Most panels swappable with USDM Montero
    - Delica market is hot, so that's where you can get most your drivetrain components from
    - They're tough. Wow.
    - venerable motor
    - They're cheaper than the Hilux Surf

If you're into it... do it! Worst case scenario, you sell it for about the same price as you bought it. The joys of owning 15+ year old cars!

3. Misterbishi

Misterbishi New Member

Hmmm... I've had several over the last 21 years. Well... maybe more than several. I currently have numbers 6 and 7 in the garage. Post which models you are looking at and I might be able to give you some insights... ;)

2.5 diesel < 2.8 diesel
    3000 v6 < 3500 v6

All these rigs are bulletproof, if maintained...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  4. mconor7

mconor7 New Member

The high mileage won't hurt the dependability of Pajero too much as long as it is properly serviced.