The Beast: E39 M5

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by RyanV, Nov 1, 2017.

1. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

I think for us at home guys that Porter Cable is just fine. I just bought the 6" simoniz random orbital from Canadian Tire yesterday for no other reason than it was on sale from 180 to 120$. I was also looking at Torq's and stuff, and they have some decent options on Griots Garage as well, if I end up buying those and returning the Canadian Tire one. I took it out of the box yesterday and played around with it, seems good enough, loud like the Porter Cable which I have used before.

2. IanB

IanB New Member

Look at those pails of Rotella! That's a pretty good stockpile, did you catch a sale or something?

3. RyanV

RyanV Member

It's not as much is it looks like! :D One only has about 5 litres left in it, one is holding used oil and one is new. The fourth one is paint.

No photos, but I got more done on the paint yesterday. The hood, right side of the car and trunk lid are done now.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    IanB likes this.
  4. RyanV

RyanV Member

Finally removed the last of the aftermarket wiring last night. Most of this stuff was running in the dash, up the A-Pillars and along the top of the windshield. I'm guessing some of it was for GPS or radio in the aftermarket radio that was installed and then other pieces were for the hands free components.

[​IMG]

Also this thing that is an all vehicles that come in. I think this is the first time I've seen a card still in the unit though.

[​IMG]

Now I can start putting stuff back together, but it's going to be a bit of a trick to remember what fasteners go where since there are 3 or 4 different types.

IanB likes this.
  5. RyanV

RyanV Member

Finished the polish and wax on the weekend. Lighting was favourable to take the photos :) Overall, I'm 7-8/10 happy with it. Some scratches can still be seen, but you have to look for them. I have a feeling they will show up more as time passes. I think I will be swapping the insurance from the Land Cruiser to this and DDing it once there is a nice stretch of weather, but I haven't decided for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pajerist and IanB like this.
  6. tperkins

Turned out great!

7. IanB

IanB New Member

Sex-xy!

8. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Wow looks awesome, i will have to drive by and see if i can get blinded. by the sun reflecting off it.

9. RyanV

RyanV Member

Dash is put back together and oil change done this past weekend. I'm going to put insurance on this and DD it when the insurance runs out on the Land Cruiser in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I might not get a chance to take any good photos outside with the detailing work completed. The weather isn't that great over here these days, but maybe it will be a bit nicer when the insurance goes on in a few weeks.

Interesting issue encountered on the oil change...The plastic cap from the filter detached from the filter body and remained on the housing cap. It took me a while to figure out why I couldn't get the new filter to snap in place.

10. RyanV

RyanV Member

Insurance is on and now it's the DD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outside it almost looks weird because it's so reflective. Shouldn't take long for it to get dirty though. Just from driving today it's already got bird poo, a bunch of dust and I had to drive through a puddle on my way to work, so I'm glad I took my photos yesterday!

The car has been smoked in previously, and there was more of a smoke smell in the car than I remembered from before. I have already scrubbed the carpets and cleaned the seats, so I took time to clean the rear parcel shelf and headliner yesterday. When it got in the car this morning, it seemed much better. I'll see if it stays that way after a couple of days though.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  11. tperkins

https://products.liqui-moly.com/climate-fresh-plus-3.html

Could try one of these deals.

12. RyanV

RyanV Member

Thanks, I've got something similar from the Megiuars brand. I'll give it a try if the smell comes back.

Raining today...At least I got to drive it one day in the sunshine...