Spotted: Notables

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by tperkins, Jan 6, 2015.

1. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Didn't see a better place to put this, but I found this collecting dust in Bonneyville. If anyone wants to buy it, it is for sale and the guy seemed keen to make a sale (but isn't giving it away, I think he was in the 20's)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tperkins

[​IMG]
    Amc Gremlin
    [​IMG]
    Even in Alberta, that is a pretty ridiculous truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Old Suzuki 70's LJ and an old Suzuki quad like the one my dad used to have. Looked like it still ran/drove frequently.

3. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

That Jimny is awesome! I respect the mid-generation Jimnys, but I was never a huge fan of them. However, I really like the current-gen Jimny and the original - didn't know they sold the original here!

4. tperkins

Still just me posting?

[​IMG]

5. dagleykd

With all the snow lately, there hasn't been anything notable around here to see! Awesome Slingshot though, that's the first one I've seen that wasn't in a review article / video!

6. tperkins

It looked kinda strange, belt driven rear / 1 wheel drive? How does it handle in the reviews?

7. dagleykd

Well, it's similar to the Campagna T-Rex and V13R, but the Polaris Slingshot has a car engine where those two have motorbike engines. Apparently reviewers find it handles pretty decent from what I've read!

8. Wolfd89

Wolfd89 Last in, first out

not rare per se, but still a Humvee. Sorry for the poor lighting conditions.
    [​IMG]
    also, the first ever polygamy stick figure family!
    [​IMG]

9. tperkins

Serious question, how could anyone afford that many kids and wives? It is probably a joke, but they're out there.

10. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

He doesnt... He sits on welfare / ODSP to dodge child support.

11. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

12. dagleykd

Looks like a Model A Ford maybe? A bit blurry and I'm not as good at old '30s rides...pretty car though! There's an awesome blog from a 29-year-old guy named Jonathan Klinger in the US who drove a Model A Ford ALL YEAR as his only car (including winter!) back in 2010-2011....really worth the read:

http://www.365daysofa.com/page/78

That's the first page of his 365-Day Adventure, work backwards from there if you want to read the whole thing....I enjoyed it....definitely an antidote to modern rides, but really interesting to read his experiences! His car was 100% stock except for turn signals and seat belts.

13. tperkins

Followed a Ford GT for about 75 km today. Man, do those cars have a presence. They are also very wide.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Also spotted this beside the recycling depot in Camrose so I parked beside it for a size reference.
    [​IMG]

JamalS13 likes this.
  14. dagleykd

I've yet to see a GT in the flesh, but it definitely has presence....nothing like seeing the modern interpretation of a '60's race car on the streets!

Not a fan of the slammed Chevy truck. Just not my scene. Lots of work definitely went into it though, so I applaud them for that. Is that an air-brushed "faux rust" look on it? Hard to tell with the sun glare!

My 'notable' spot of late, saw this beauty on the way home last evening - Volvo P1800 coupe! It's in the same place that I spotted those beloved-by-me classic FIAT 500s, the Porsche 356 Speedster, et al last year! I know the Volvo was there last year and I had mentioned it in my post then, but you guys never saw pics of it because it was still in his garage under a cover at the time and I only took pics of all the rides outside. This time it's been outside for two days by it's lonesome! Odd as you almost NEVER see the garage open or any of his cars outside (they live away from this building, it's a large garage, but it's JUST a garage. The owners live 5-7 mins away in town as far as I can figure out - this is on the outskirts of Lunenburg!) First time I saw it on Wednesday again, he had all the garage doors open and I think it was outside to fit a modern Porsche Boxster and Ford Ranger pickup in instead (...why the Ranger was inside instead of the P1800 is beyond me!!!)

(Pardon the shitty flip-phone quality - I only pulled over long enough to snap a pic! They may not be fast, but they are definitely a pretty car...)
    SSPX5488.jpg

15. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

Just taking my plane out for a drive, don't mind me.

Attached Files:

dagleykd and tperkins like this.
  16. Lethbridge_man

Lethbridge_man New Member

Nothing exotic or anything, just a couple of antiques you don't see that much of anymore...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. dagleykd

Ah, the Shooting Break version of the P1800! Very nice! Matches well with the sedan P1800 I posted a few days ago! :)

18. dagleykd

Spotted earlier today in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia - a classic Dodge Colt (née Mitsubishi Colt) station wagon! It was in AMAZING shape, almost mint!

SSPX5489.jpg

tperkins likes this.
  19. tperkins

There were a few cars at Car Pretty when my car was getting done:
    Turbo FR-S (entire car was wrapped in clear)
    [​IMG]
    New Z... I liked it but wasn't crazy about it.
    [​IMG]
    Some Mustang.. the interior was actually pretty nice. Recaros:
    [​IMG]
    This Hellcat is apparently owned by a 22 year old:
    [​IMG]

20. dagleykd

Wow.....I am guessing the Hellcat was a gift from parents....a lot of car for somebody that young!