Shipping vehicle within Canada

Discussion in 'Importing Misc' started by FuzzyLogic, Jul 22, 2018.

1. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic New Member

I'm thinking of importing another vehicle however, this time I won't be able to go and pick it up from Vancouver and drive it back to Saskatoon due to time constraints.

Does anybody here know of any service that can deliver the vehicle to me from BC to SK for a reasonable price?

2. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I'm not sure what you consider reasonable (I don't know what towing costs are), but you might want to check out Canuck Towing. They got my Pajero from the dock to the shop when Ben wasn't around, and they advertise car shipping, and import pickups.

3. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

I used this guys http://www.livingstonintl.com/locat...dium=LPM&utm_campaign=LivingstonInternational once to ship Alfa Romeo to QC, do not know about the cost (shipping was paid by buyer). As a bonus, they are a steps away from the docks hence you'll save on towering (theoretically). It was fast and simple, just drop off at the front of their office. You need to get a quote by yourself, pretty sure to tell them exact address, car dimensions etc. As a bonus, they are a steps away from the docks hence you'll save on towering (theoretically). If you want, PM details to me, I get a quote and then we'll compare ;)

Good luck!

4. Murrdawg02

Murrdawg02 Danger to the manifold

I've done both Livingston and Canuck. Between the two, definitely Livingston. Both services were comparable as they can both pick up at anytime, ie you dont have to make a dock appointment. Canuck is nice that they will deliver straight to your door, where as in larger cities Livingston drops at a set location. The reason why I won't use Canuck again is when they showed up at 5am in the morning (I didnt have a choice, they just told me when they'd be there), and has he was pushing the car up the driveway he had his hand on the side rain visor and snapped it. Super apologetic- said call the front office and they will reimburse us. So not the end of the world, these things happen. But once I called the office and told him the price of a replacement OEM Subaru rain visor was $200-$300 he said no way, I'll give you $15. After a couple of back and fourth emails and phone calls they stopped responding and blocking calls.
    So at the end of the day their service was fine, but the management was shady.
    Of course people have used them without issue, but thats my personal experience.
    Price wise I think they were pretty much the same, Livingston a little bit cheaper, and being that you pick it up from a depot you have 3 or so days to collect your car.

Greg likes this.
  5. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

I am wondering, if such insurance exists, is it worth to buy to cover possible damage during shipping?