Scrapped....Mines Ecu for a Legacy GTB - $120 obo + other parts

Discussion in 'Subaru' started by coquitlamglenn, Feb 14, 2017.

1. coquitlamglenn

coquitlamglenn New Member

Mines Ecu from my 99 Legacy GTB auto, ecotune. Comes with original manual, bag, and documentation. $120 obo

Also, Class 2 trailer hitch - I pulled my teardrop with this hitch, and also used it to carry bikes: $100

17" Wheels and winter tires: tires are beaters, but I hate to scrap the rims. I would have to trade these for any wheels that could get me out to the wreckers. If anyone is interested, make me an offer. See the image.
    Fake woodgrain dash parts. Some people like this look, it's in good shape. Again, make me an offer, otherwise it goes to the wrecker at the end of the week.
    Really, any parts I can take off and still drive the car are fair game. Overall, the car is in good shape. I have already removed the front lip, side skirts, rear spoiler, grille, and headlight frame things and will put them on craigslist next week. HID lights?
    DSC_2681.JPG

DSC_8007.JPG DSC_8155b.jpg

2. GordArmstrong

GordArmstrong New Member

Hi there,
    Would you happen to know if the ECU is specific to the EJ206 with the sequential shifting or will it work on an EJ206 without it?

Thanks.

G.

3. coquitlamglenn

Do you mean sequential staging on the turbos, or sport shift on the auto trans? Either way, I don't know the answer. All I can tell you is that it came out of a 99 Etune auto with the sportshift.
    Glenn

4. GordArmstrong

GordArmstrong New Member

I was meaning the sport shift.

Thanks.

G.

5. PerryJ

PerryJ New Member

Hi Glen,

I will gladly take the Mines ECU off your hands. What kind of improvements did you notice vs the stock ECU? Also did you do any other modifications to your GTB to compliment it, i know some Mines ECU's have tunes for other mods?

Thanks,

Perry

6. coquitlamglenn

Pm Sent: Also - My understanding of the ECU is that it doesn't change the HP, or not significantly. What it does do is handle the turbos better. Since I took it off and put the stock one back, I notice the lag is a lot more obvious - I don't know if it just my car, but now there is a really annoying flat spot right before the first turbo kicks in. Also, the transition to the second turbo seems to happen a little later, and less smoothly. It does other things, like raises the redline and removes the speed limiter - which wasn't really of interest to me. The higher redline worried me, I didn't want my engine to explode.