Ryans not so JDM ride - 2013 Focus ST

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by DCRyan, Jan 10, 2015.

1. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

AKA the new units are Shurflow pumps, which is what that link you posted is saying to upgrade to. :p

2. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

Snagged two more parts for my focus build today :

Breedt billet aluminum intake manifold tapped for meth injection, powder coated blue :
    [​IMG]

And a quaife limited slip differential. I'll need all the help I can get to out down 500 + whp

[​IMG]

3. Bushman

Bushman New Member

Sexy valve cover. The ST doesn't come with a limited slip differential?

4. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

Nope. It's equipped with an "electronic diff"

Meaning that when the ecu detects wheel slip, it will apply brake to the shipping wheel to lock up the diff essentially. It works awesome but as power increases it puts more wear on the brakes. Also as one can guess applying brakes also going to slow you down. Seeing as I was spinning g through 3rd gear, this is a good investment.

Here's what my wheels looked like after a few pulls and stuff. Lots of brake dust haha

[​IMG]

5. Bushman

Bushman New Member

Interesting...so are you able to turn off the traction control if running a limited slip?

6. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

Oh yeah. There's a stability and traction control button in the car that is used to turn it off and on.

7. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

But the e slip is not traction control. You don't feel it. It does work actually pretty well at putting power through both front wheels.

8. Bushman

Bushman New Member

ah so it will still work in conjunction with new diff...cool.

9. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

Mmm billet goodness
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Traction!! =
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IanB likes this.
  10. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

Sweet ... So I started looking into a garrett gtx3067R and only once a started looking for a price and saw a pic did it hit me... Ive seen something like this before.. Lol

11. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

bahah. My gtx3076r might be for sale this season. Im only running it for testing purposes and will be switching to a gtx35 frame sized turbo if my motor can flow it. So if you're still looking for one at a GOOD discount, let me know

12. IMPUL

Yah! Brah?! Sweet!
    Whats up with ur gt2871r ?

I wish you got the anti surge ported collar but meh... And the turbine housing is useless to me.

I was plotting last night and 67-76mm and im on the map.

Which area of the map that differs.

2871 I used like the entire map.
    Same with 2860Rs

2867 & 3067 look good but comparing to the 71 directly the 71 moves thru less efficency islands. So makes less heat? So thats better? Still new at this ... But cant stop... Lol

3071 an 2871 are duh both 71mm

Comp&turb a/r and size will change the speed of spool.

Im only one left of Center on the 76R
    My car would be at 6000rpm as it reachs the center line. Lots of room to grow. And thats at 18-21psi 11:1 a/fr 400hp 300kw

So i think my ideal 76R setup would be 4" ported collar .63 a/r turbine housing. That ways i can keep the responsiveness hi and lag lo.

So maybe it makes sense to sell the chra and comp housing and keep your turbine housing then just get the chra and gtx35 you want and its already installed basically?

Id only really need the chra as the housing dont suit my purpose.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  13. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

I ended up selling the gt2871r. I still have the gtx2867r on the focus right now.

Yeah my gtx3076r is sort of a one off sizing. Its a custom 3 inch inlet housing, with a .72 ar v band turbine. Dual ball bearing center with a billet compressor wheel. These new gtx series turbos really start to shine at the 30 psi + mark. On my focus, at 24 psi, shitty pump gas, no meth and a really bad flowing block (2.0 liter eco boosts do NOT flow. The bench flow numbers are terrible. a stock evo will flow double the amount of air near redline than a focus does) and it was making around 360-380 hp at the flywheel. And like insta spool. This gtx3076r will actually probally spool at the same rate as my 2867r because i will have a fully built head + port and polish etc. But it should take me all the way to the 600 hp level im hoping. And the gtx35xx should take me ever farther.

Impul, what motor are you running?

14. IMPUL

Rb2.5det neo 9:1cr stage 1 mods
    Half of stage 2 .. Just sorting out inj and turbo. Im stuck on which injectors to use. My uses top feed hi impedence. For my stage 2 480cc is the norm. So... Nismo, DW, bosch,seimens... But I also I think the R35 570cc are usable to. And cheaper. I found the GT3071R from apt turbo ported comp cover and chra for $1149.99 and trying to spend less then $700 on injectors.

Next steps are probably blitz fpr and wg actuator and down pipe and tomei cams. But with time. Probably just turbo & injectors this year.

15. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

Whats your power goals right now?

I wouldnt even bother with the GT models. The GTX series is better in every single way.

What is the car built for? Street? Track? Drag?

16. IMPUL

Street, weekend warrior.. Lol .

For gtx 28 67 and 71, 30 same.
    But the 71 is a little much I come on the map around 2800 and HAVE to use 18psi+ to benefit from it.

But the gt 71 & 76 are fine. But with my set up and goals the 76 would be laggy. Apparently the gt3071r with my setup is 250-275kw or 335-368hp

With cams and higher octane fuel or wmi i can push 18+ psi and hit 300kw/400hp I dont need more then that. If I do. Ill swap the chra and turbine housing. But I dont want to go higher really.

17. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

*Trumpets blow*

*doves fly*

*people cheer*

Test fit before I pulled the motor :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THE POWER HOLE :

[​IMG]

18. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Finally!

19. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Weird.

20. IanB

IanB New Member

X2, so basically the manifold is integrated into the head, and it's only the turbo and wastegate housing that bolts to the head? That seems like a really small exhaust port for 4 turbocharged cylinders to be forcing spent gasses through as well, does it not?