Ryan's 1997 AMG E50

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by RyanV, Mar 28, 2014.

1. RyanV

RyanV Member

I've almost had this car for a year now, so I guess it's classified as my car rather than something I'm just bringing in to sell. I previously wrote a review on the car which you can find here:

http://import-era.com/threads/review-1997-mercedes-amg-e50.91/

I pretty much have the same feelings on the car now, but I think I like it more than I did initially. It's just a great car to use every day. Quiet and comfortable yet still has a good amount of power and sporty characteristics that you don't really get bored of it.

I thought I'd start this thread since I took some pics last night. Not the greatest since I used my cell phone, but not bad :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SilverStar

SilverStar New Member

Looking good Ryan!!

3. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

Ooh, looks clean Ryan (like all your cars). I recognize some of those murals, although it's been a few years. I bet you don't get much attention from the po-po!
    Any issues to report, or she's run well since getting her?
    I'd like to see some shots (possibly with Tudor!) with a decent camera, and nice location with some hard lines, maybe dirty location. Some kind of steel mill or something.. the car is so clean/lines so soft.. it would be a good contrast. Some nice wide/close shots too (compared to the stale looking angle of the phone cam)

4. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

Looks good. Looks like it's really loooooong!

5. JamalS13

JamalS13 I like cheese

Ive always had soft spots for these mercedes! Great looking ride!.

6. RyanV

RyanV Member

No updates on this thing for a long time now because I've just been storing it. I went and picked it up last night.

[​IMG]

Looks pretty good, right?.....WRONG! Sooooooo filthy. I feel bad letting a car get like this. Especially when I usually keep my stuff really clean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I went to pick it up I thought I'd maybe have to get it towed. I put in a new battery and the first time I turned the key absolutely nothing except some lights on the dash. Second time something made some kind of screeching noise. Hmm...that's not good. Second time fired right away and idled out smooth. I was surprised. Now i need to run the gas out because it's old fuel sitting in the car as well. When I parked it before I didn't intend on letting it sit for as long as it did.

I'm not sure what I'm doing with the car over all, but I'll get it cleaned up and see how that goes. Everything I tested last night is still working, so that's a good sign. I did wash it last night, but it got dark, so I don't know how good my wash job was. I pulled leaves and crap out of the cowl at the bottom of the windscreen and got the sponge crammed in along the trim pieces to get all the crap cleaned out. I'll see how it looks in the light of day when I get home tonight.

7. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

She needs some new rims!

8. RyanV

RyanV Member

I actually almost bid on the same rims as these a few weeks back on Yahoo Japan

[​IMG]

They look great, but they'd be expensive. I think they ended up selling for about 120,000 JPY. I'd never see that money back on them with the car. Maybe separate, but if I'm going to buy spare wheels I'd prefer they fit a wider variety of cars. I guess they could still fit 5x114 with wobble bolts.

9. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

I totally forgot you had this car. Planning to start driving it again?

10. IanB

IanB New Member

Do you still have your E55t as well Ryan?

11. RyanV

RyanV Member

I'd LOVE to be driving either Mercedes to work. Almost 40 kms each way and sitting in the Merc in traffic isn't so bad. Unfortunately, I have to use my vehicle during the day driving around a large construction site (driving through the mud etc.) so I pretty much need to be driving the Land Cruiser.

Yeah. That's part of the reason this has been sitting for so long. I didn't think it would take so long to sell the E55T. Most of the people that ask about it are from the US.

12. IanB

IanB New Member

You should part out the window visors and rear spoiler to me...maybe that would help it sell?

13. RyanV

RyanV Member

New front right wheel bearing installed. Just need tires now so I can actually drive this thing. And according to my wife the A/C needs to be fixed....nah...

[​IMG]

14. IanB

IanB New Member

That's what I thought too, then I took it on the highway for a few hours, AC would be nice in some situations. It's on "the list" now, lol.