Ryan's 1992 JZS147 Aristo

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by RyanV, Jun 6, 2015.

1. mconor7

mconor7 New Member

Sounds like a good plan. Any update?

2. RyanV

RyanV Member

Nope, still a while before things get here from Japan. At least two months.

3. RyanV

RyanV Member

No parts delivered yet, but I made another purchase. I got a TRD cluster which is normally really expensive and a bit hard to find. I got a good price because the seller said it's been in storage for a few years and hasn't been tested. Also the kms read about 200,000 which I think made it less desirable. I'll have to give it a test when I get my hands on it. Ideally, I'd like to be able to adjust the kms to match my current cluster to make tracking of kms easier.

Once we stop getting tons of rain and freezing temps I'm going to use this car as my daily. I'm also hoping to get a G-Turbo for the HDJ81, so I'll install that and do some work on the LC while I'm driving this :)

IanB likes this.
  4. Garth

Garth New Member

Hey you drove by me today! At Sprott & Royal Oak by the gas station.

5. RyanV

RyanV Member

Nice, I think that's the first time I've been spotted :)

Do you live in that area? There was (or is) a silver Altezza that was a few blocks from my place closer to Still Creek and I think you have (or had) a silver Atezza, right?

6. Garth

Garth New Member

I do live in the area, but my altezza was white & is now totaled and in heaven.

7. RyanV

RyanV Member

So I had to get into the left front regulator today. A few weeks back (when it was still warm out) we went to put the window up and had a terrible noise. I figured for sure the plastic in the regulator broke since it's really common on these cars. Luckily, no! The track was just gummed up with grease and shards of glass from when the window was broken. I cleaned it out spread a bit of grease and WD40 and it's working again. Managed to get a few shards in my fingers as well though when cleaning that didn't feel too good.

[​IMG]

One thing that was obvious though is that when the shop replace the window they obviously did not take any care with the vapour barrier. Yes, it could have been done some other time when the car was still in Japan, but based on the quality of the cleaning job they did to clean up the broken glass, I'm sure it was the same shop that tore up the plastic. It's really not that hard to be careful to not tear it....Why are people so careless? Same thing was done in my wife's BMW when a regulator was replaced.

8. RyanV

RyanV Member

I wanted to put something better together, but I didn't have time.

Sleeping until spring now...

Pajerist likes this.
  9. IanB

IanB New Member

That sounds really good. Not offensive at all, but beefy. Looks good too.

10. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

Ugh....this thread makes me miss my Aristo so much.

11. RyanV

RyanV Member

I did an oil change on this last night and I I'll be driving it for the next month or so.

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to have some time to take a few more videos, but we'll see. I never seem to have enough extra time!

Pajerist likes this.