Review: JDM Connection

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Misterbishi, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Misterbishi

Misterbishi New Member

My newest JDM is currently making its way from Van to Edmonton, as we speak. I should see it very soon. This is my fourth from William @ JDM connection. I know we are blessed to have many good importers in western Canada, but my feeling is Will is up there with the best of them.

I imported my first JDM in 2006, a 91 Pajero SWB XRII. William was very prompt, patient with my questions, and even through a problematic RORO period, he managed to get my truck in a container. It turned out to be a great rig. A few years later I decided I wanted to upgrade to the bigger Pajero 4M40 diesel, so naturally I went back to William again. He found me a beauty with 70k kms on it, and within a month it was delivered to my house. Again he was super patient and always got back to my emails, often within minutes! I realized then that this guy held his customers above all else. My first experience had not been "just to impress". This is just the way he does business.

In 2010 I decided to get a car, so naturally I went back to William, who found me a cherry Lan-Evo 4 that had been missed at auction. It was the rare Icelle Blue that I had been looking for, and was a real head turner. Sadly, I sold it a few years later when we decided to complete the basement theatre project, but continued to drive my Pajero.

After selling the Paj in 2014 after putting almost 200k on it, I was without a JDM for a few years, until I finally could afford to go after the rig I had been wanting since the first day I laid eyes on the Dakar Rally back in the day. This one was a challenge to find, since there were only 2500 Pajero Evo's ever made. William worked his magic once again: he thoroughly checked out leads, both in and outside of auctions. He gave good advice about where my bid was sitting, especially as our currency began to slide. He was transparent in terms of final landed cost. He finally found me a gem, even as he tirelessly answered my questions and concerns.

If this sounds like a gushing advert rather than a critical review, well, what can I say? I've sent many people to JDM connection over the years, and will continue to do so. If there is a model for how to do business in the world of imported vehicles, JDM connection is the gold standard, in my opinion.

Cheers
    Phil

2. Rygar

Rygar That's what she said.

Welcome to the forums MB, I was wondering if you had sold your 4. That was a fine lookin' machine.

3. Misterbishi

Misterbishi New Member

Thanks man. I miss that car... I hope the new one can capture the spirit of both the Evo and the Pajero... and maybe jump railway tracks? Lol.

4. PurgedTT

PurgedTT New Member

Oh man that icicle blue was beautiful

5. Misterbishi

Misterbishi New Member

Won best classic at the Platinum Mitsubishi Owners Day, 2012... B)

Attached Files:

6. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

Can't wait to see some pictures of the EVO!

It is a fun thing to do. (my old subaru)

Attached Files:

JamalS13 likes this.