Review - BeForward

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Dah_Hunter, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Isaa Kalii

Isaa Kalii New Member

While your experience with BeForward seems to be good, there are some people who would tell you of a not so good experience with them. Do they even have a return policy? There has been instances where buyers have been 'conned' of their hard-earned money.

2. trev

trev New Member

Can you post a documented incident?

Where are you from? I can't recall the last car dealer, be it on the other side of the ocean or down the street that ever takes a return of a used car.

3. Xanicron

Xanicron I'm trying

^ That. No one takes back used cars, especially not after they've shipped them across the globe. It's always the buyer's responsibility to judge the condition of the vehicle before committing to sale.

4. Isaa Kalii

Isaa Kalii New Member

5. Isaa Kalii

Isaa Kalii New Member

Xanicron, you are also aware that they have categorically stated in their terms that the responsibility of confirming the vehicle's condition solely lies with the buyer. Explain how that would be possible if you are miles away. You would only rely on what they say about the vehicle's condition in their website, which can be construed.

6. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic New Member

I purchased a honda crv through beforward. My experience was pretty good with them. The vehicle showed up with a few dents that I could not see in the posted photos but it isn't a very big deal because I got the crv at a crazy bargain (in my opinion). There is some miscommunication due to a language barrier but that's expected with a foreign company.

I think beforward has built up a trustworthy reputation at this point.

7. John Scott

John Scott Human

Just curious here. Why would you buy from BF instead of buying directly from the auctions?

8. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

BF tends to clear out cars they have in stock for awhile at prices that are less then it would be a buy at auctions.. this is why they are so popular.

9. John Scott

John Scott Human

On their long term stock, they do lower prices than auction, but in most cases, it seems you would do well to buy from the auctions. I have bought 3 cars directly from the auctions, and did well. I heard one fellow bought half a dozen cars from BF for the NZ market, and not one of them passed the NZ roadworthiness inspection.

Just to be up front about this: I sort of have a grudge against BF because the way the CEO treats the African market. That grudge could be tinting my view of them.

10. Dah_Hunter

NZ and austrailia are pretty strict rules for inspection. for the Canada Market BF cars are fine. and depending what your looking for, you can get deals.

John Scott likes this.
  11. trev

trev New Member

If you know what you are doing you can find the auction sheets for the vehicles they have. They buy everything from Rs to 4s.

I don't see the difference between buying from them or any of the exporters I've used to buy for me through auction.

A 4 is a 4 regardless of which exporter bought it .. now is the car actually a 4, that's open for debate and completely unrelated to BF. But you get more pictures and often the cars they post, even before they've started discounting them, are still cheaper than auction price + 100,000Y buying service fee you usually pay.

I have no idea "what they do" to the African market, but they've always come through for me.

12. Vik Bout

Vik Bout New Member

Just received a car from Beforward that I could barely drive out. It should have been towed from the port but I decided to drive 30km/hr instead of paying the tow fee.

As you can see the brake disc has a huge crack and there is absolutely no way they wouldn't notice that because it drives like crap obviously.

Before buying the car I did ask about the mechanical condition and specifically brakes. Akan, the sales person, assured me the condition of the car and brakes is good. After I complained they basically told me to bugger off and whatever says on the auction sheet is what they know blah blah. Complete BS, things like that don't get unnoticed and they simply lied. I bought 2 more cars from them (before this one came in) and they're yet to show up, but will not buy again.

They're also shipping one of them to Vancouver port, not New Westminster "because the car is in Kobe". I've never picked up a car from Vancouver port, would you guys know if it's any different from New West, would it be a problem for some reason?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  13. Dah_Hunter

There is no other port.. lol it will still end up in New West at WWL. WWL is the only RO/RO port in operation around here.

Just like all low cost high volume dealers just assume they wont do anything to help.

14. Vik Bout

Vik Bout New Member

Oh good, thanks boss.

Yeah I'm sure they wont help once the payment is sent but man, not to mention a thing like a cracked rotor is pretty terrible.. The wheel could have got locked and I could have had an accident if didnt notice it right away.

15. trev

trev New Member

I'm still not 100% certain how they even make money ... so it would not surprise me to see cars that need work. They are buying vehicles from auction ... vehicles get sent to auction because a dealer can't sell them ... just like North America. It's a myth that all these cars are pristine perpetrated by exporters looking to make a quick flip.

I'm always surprised when I hear people looking to drive these vehicles straight off the port sometimes across provinces. It's unknown old vehicle with no service history .. it should be towed and inspected before I would do much of anything with it.

There's a reason why these cars cost $500. At the end of the day, if all it needs is a brake job, not so bad .. my opinion.

Enjoy your new toy. :)

16. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Kinda with Trev on this one, any used car you buy can have these kind of defects, if that is all that it needs I would take that as a win. It could easily go unnoticed, say if the car was parked where that crack is behind the brake pad. As far as the driving, they probably knew it would need new brakes, but if you drove 10-15-20 different vehicles in a day and one had spongey brakes, or a vibration or something, might be easy to forget to mention it.

17. Vik Bout

Vik Bout New Member

I agree, I would buy it regardless.. But I would have been prepared, parts would have been ordered in time etc. Maybe I'd also get them to discount $100 for that too lol, so that could be a reason they didn't mention it. It's not just vibration, the wheel bangs every second very hard.

Not the first car I imported, all of them were 100% drivable out of the port, not sure why you're surprised about that :)
    That's the difference between buying from an auction or beforward and dealers on tradecarview - they purchase their cars from the auctions and mark it up but in return they check their cars and know if there's something obvious like that besides what is mentioned on the auction sheet. At least that's my experience from all other cars purchased from dealers, not auctions.

18. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Haha jesus, so yeah, no way they didn't notice it.

19. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic New Member

So I bought a vehicle from them about 2 years ago, it was the CRV. The DHL ownership envelope came with the translations, bill of lading and so on and also a shirt!

Got my envelope today for the Terrano.... and no shirt. I am upset :(

20. trev

trev New Member

Those cheap bastards .. how dare they sell cars for $100 and not include the shirt.

Pajerist likes this.