Post your pets!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Braden, Jun 20, 2013.

1. IanB

IanB New Member

Why did you have to get rid of your dogs Impul? That would be really tough.
    Here's my dog Ally (Allie), she's a husky/shepherd mix of some sort, rescue dog. Very smart, lives to please, and she's gone from being scared of kids after having her tail pulled as a puppy to a very patient, trustworthy companion for my daughter.

IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG

IMPUL likes this.
  2. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

yes, It was... very..
    It became a persistant issue during the separation.
    I choose giving me time to my son, and didnt have enough time to dedicate to all 3 of them.
    My ex was in no condition to care for them either, despite her wanting princess very much.
    So I gave her princess, and she re homed her in 3 days...lol. I had Already found diesel a home.
    He was a bit of a meat head, and clumsy. Kinda a problem with a toddler. diesel also has quiet a history
    of doing dumb sh**, like turning on the gas stove.... breaking a tv, windows, and gabage .. man did he like garbage...
    I fed them all "royal canin" GSD formula and he still would eat trash whenever he could sieze the opportunity.

mind you, I rescued him, and he was like 70lbs of skin and bones (part king shepherd so 90-110 is more common) at first and full of worms.. so I wonder where he picked up that habit... lol

Jr.(the runt of my first litter) was excitable but willing to learn, unlike diesel who just wanted to chew a "kong" and get you to throw something.

After both the others were gone I kind wanted to hold on to jr. but having had problem renting with "large" dogs before I couldnt really keep him.
    Jr. was alittle shy, very affectionate and has no concept of how large he is... he still thinks hes smaller then his mom Princess. a slender but healthy 77lbs white shepherd. Its quite comical.

so ya... there gone... probably like a year now...more or less. I have their dog tags somewhere and Jr.s spiked coller. he was bad to the bone
    (complete opposite of his charater).

anyways.. cute kid and dog... looks like she was having fun with a friend there on the trail..lol I miss that.. when you have your own pack walks can be quite entertaining and/or intense lol

IanB likes this.
  3. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I forgot about this thread....So here is my dog, helping with the leaves...

[​IMG]IMG_8627 by greg.allison85, on Flickr

IMPUL and IanB like this.
  4. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

added some friend to the tank today..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancistrus
    bristle or bushy nose pleco

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-Ghost-Shrimp
    a ghost shrimp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_shrimp
    a cherry shrimp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_fern
    java fern

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/filters/tetra-whisper-3i-in-tank-filter-zid36-16962/cat-36-catid-300088
    a 1-3 gallon air powered filter

all are compatible with each other, all are very adaptable and have wide temperature ranges. they over lap
    between 70-75 F so, everyone is happy at 71-74 F slightly alkine water(about 8.0ph).
    the pleco and shrimp are the cleaners, the filter helps with cleaning and adding oxygen to the water.
    the live java fern provides oxygen, nurtients, food and shelter for the shrimp and slows the water
    coming out of the filter since the betta likes slow or no movement in the water.

I used https://www.terrificpets.com/pet_supplies/fish/conditioners-additives/chlorine-removers/105278.asp
    betta tap water conditioner with stress reducer and http://www.uskoi.com/betta_revive.htm

revive to help kill any bacteria and fungus... goldie had some problem areas on his fin.

just waiting on my java fern as they were out of stock.

5. Greg

6. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

I thought this thread existed, but failed to find it. How embarrassing!

A couple of my parent's pets:
    Baby Margo
    [​IMG]
    15 year old cat Stubby (short tail)
    [​IMG]
    They also have a different dog and cat.

My brother's dogs!
    Max and Maddy. (Baby Maddy)
    [​IMG]
    Baby Max
    [​IMG]
    We do outside stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Maddy is a little more photogenic than Max
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greg likes this.
  7. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

Well, I never figured on having a Dog. I'm not much of a pet person to be honest. I was given a goldfish when I turned 5 at my birthday party. I cried but had to keep him. I finally persuaded my mom to give it back within the week.
    Well, my wife and kids love to be around animals, and so... we got a dog haha. this guy is Dancer. he's as much cat as he is dog. very lazy. no maintenance. doesn't bark or jump up. doesn't lick. perfect!
    We got him as a rescue. apparently they take greyhounds and mix them with scenthounds, down in the states. then do illegal field coursing with them and bet on it. the dogs know nothing of the world outside the field, and the gamblers that come out, so they are kind of funny to adopt. sometimes they are really weirded out about windows and shiny floors etc. oh, and they love to mark inside haha. we got lucky. Dancer had already been introduced to the indoor world. We don't know how old he is, but it's suggested he's 8, so we will go with that.
    I think I'm actually bonding pretty good with him. C360_2016-07-01-16-21-42-278.jpg C360_2016-06-12-10-18-01-558.jpg C360_2016-06-13-17-22-58-965.jpg

Attached Files:

IanB likes this.
  8. Greg

Awesome! Highly suggest some proper training for at least some advise from somewhere for recall training (or Google it and do it yourself). Happy we were able to teach our dog basic things like sit, stay, close, etc...makes a world of difference, rescue or not.

IanB likes this.
  9. Braden

Braden New Member

Doge turned 8 the other day. Still sits like a dork.
    [​IMG]

Greg likes this.
  10. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

My lady wanted a Cat.. my aunt had some kittens she found from her Barn Cat.

This is what we ended up with.

His Name is LB (Little Ben)

Looking Majestic on the Back Lawn.

IMG_20160830_140640-EFFECTS.jpg

Investigating New fruit... Note how he pulls himself up with the handle so his back legs aren't touching the ground... So Adorable.

IMG_20160828_185057.jpg

tperkins likes this.
  11. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

12. Greg

Dog isn't a good shop helper. They don't have thumbs, and don't know what a 10mm wrench is. :\

13. IanB

IanB New Member

But they're great company!

14. robbieg

robbieg Does this and that from time to time

Does this count? They're fun to pet when they're small.....

Attached Files: