Off Topic Photo hosting - who do you use?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ihatedomestic, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Ihatedomestic

Ihatedomestic I rarely post; mostly lurk in the shadows

I don't do social media (F/B, Twatter, InstaSpam or any of that other BS), so I need a place to stash some pics every now and then...mainly for this site right now because I want to make a couple of threads about my cars...
    I need something user friendly & easy to link and all that good stuff.
    Yes, I'm old and fear any sort of change involving technology :) (Same PC for 7 years now and have only had a smart phone for 1.5 years).

Let me know what you're using, with any pros/cons you can come up with.

2. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

I use picasa/google+ photo, but dont like it much for sharing.on posts, i found flickr to be much better.

I've heard dubbseyphotohunt is a pretty good editor for.funny horsey pics.
    http://youtu.be/1DjISvFj4Xg

3. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

I just use Picasa and now its google plus.. its a littl annoying now.. however since im a google fan, i enjoy the integration into all my google apps and other devices.. so for that its good.. also it auto-uploads pics from my phone which is also good so i can just display them ASAP since they are online seconds after i take them

4. Ihatedomestic

Ihatedomestic I rarely post; mostly lurk in the shadows

I went the Flickr route.
    I managed to get 4 picutres posted...but now for some reason I can't seem to upload more pics onto Flickr. I just can't find the link anymore and I don't remember how I did it in the first place. Holy F*** I'm feeling old today!

EDIT: found the problem...my outdated browser wasn't displaying the icons. Stupid I/E.

5. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Flickr seems to work the best for me.

6. Dah_Hunter

get chrome..

:)

support the supreme overlords at google.

7. stuff

stuff Jordon

imgur has worked great for me the last couple years.

8. Braden

Braden New Member

Used to use photobucket, they have changed a lot of things lately and now it's very slow and painful to use. Slowly moving to picasa web albums. Google+ can eat a dink so I'll be sticking with picasa as long as I can. Imgur also works great.

9. RyanV

RyanV Member

I use Picasa/Google+ and Photobucket. As with other's I've found both to become less user friendly, but I have lots of space for photos, so I still use them.

10. Stokes

Stokes Brad

I was using photobucket for years but recently switched to imgur and love it. So easy and you don't even need an account if you don't want one.

11. _drew

_drew New Member

flickR or imageshack

12. RyanV

RyanV Member

What are people using for free hosting these days? I just got a notice that Google+ is disappearing, so it sounds like all my photos will need to be moved and hosted elsewhere. Sucks since all my photos posted here and some other forums are hosted from there.

Actually, I'm not 100% certain if they'll disappear. They're held in albums rather than actually posted in Google+, so I'm not sure what will happen. I need a back up in case it does disappear.

13. Megatol

Megatol Mr. Toyota

Google Photo

14. RyanV

RyanV Member

I'm sure that's where my photos are since I've never actually posted anything in Google+. The content I have is all under "Photos" that I get to through Google. I would imagine that component of Google will be staying, but I'm not 100% sure.

15. Megatol

Megatol Mr. Toyota

Yes, Google+ suppose to be competitor of Facebook, i.e. social network mostly for people's communication. But they failed, it didn't attract enough users, so they will retire it soon.

People mostly used Photos part of Google+, so Google keeping Photos as a separate service (but we never know for how long :)). Also it is default cloud picture storage for Android users, so I suppose it will be alive at least several years.

16. Dah_Hunter

Pretty sure that all your Google plus Photos are just in google Photos so you wont even notice it when they shut down google plus. or maby they already did.

I dont see Google photos going anywhere cause Google isnt going to stop making android anytime soon (Well they have a new OS in the works but im sure they will integrate google photos into that.