Partsouq Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Braden, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Braden

Braden New Member

https://partsouq.com/

I ordered a thermostat from Partsouq, as they have parts listings and diagrams for many JDM vehicles. I have heard a couple complaints from people saying they have ordered stuff from them only to be told a day or two later they are out of stock of said items. Whatever, I'll give them a try.

Shipping option was Fedex. I ordered on a Wednesday night, part came the following Wednesday morning. Best thing about it was shipping was only $10.

Thermostat came, and it was the wrong one. It's for a evo 6, 7, 9. I double check their website, and they have different "regions" you start off with picking. USA, Japan, Euro, etc. They have the evo 5/6 listings under both Japan and USA. I had confirmed that it was the correct part number the day before I ordered, but it must have been under Japan, and I ordered from the "USA". As under the USA they have the 5/6 listing combined, and the 6 thermostat part number. And under Japan, they have the 5/6 also combined, but with the 5 thermostat part number.

I contacted them that night, and by the AM I had a reply. Even though it was partially my fault for not double checking what I ordered, they agreed they messed up on the listings. And that they will correct it. I also have the correct thermostat on the way free of charge, and I don't have to send the other one back.

Overall: Great prices on OEM parts, shipping is super fast and priced very well. Triple check your part numbers that you are ordering (don't rely 100% on their listings). And as long as they have your part in stock, the process is smooth. They accept paypal as well. Another nice thing is they list an option to buy OEM or an aftermarket replacement (think NAPA parts).

Would and will buy from again.

RyanV likes this.
  2. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

Glad you got that sorted.
    Where did the part come from? Are the drop shipping from wherever the stock is or are they warehousing their own parts?

3. Braden

Braden New Member

I believe they warehouse their own parts. It came from Dubai. Which is the same as they list their business location as on their website.

4. Rygar

Rygar That's what she said.

Glad that got cleared up in the best way possible!

5. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

I need to talk to Fedex, That would have cost me 2800 yen to ship that.
    Thank goodness I am not doing parts right now.
    Good review.

6. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

Braden, this site is awesome!! It will have to be one of the first in the new sticky of useful linxxxx

7. Braden

Braden New Member

New proper t-stat shipped on the 25th, and arrived today.

Just a follow up- ordered another couple parts on the 24th, and they arrived on the 27th. Once again they were cheaper for oem parts than ordering no name parts on ebay and waiting three weeks for shipping.

8. Stokes

Stokes Brad

Nice find! Seems like a good place to order oem parts from.

9. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

Just ordered some Ralliart top mounts from them to go with the Tein street advance. We'll see which arrives first!

10. Braden

Braden New Member

What did you ship with? I always just used the cheapest fed ex.

11. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

I picked the fedex 3-7 but then paypal e-checked it instead of instant. So that might delay and suck. I was hoping to put the coilovers in with these tops before easter trip to BC.

12. RyanV

RyanV Member

Partsouq is now the first place I look for parts! I saved at least $100 on an OEM crank pulley for the Aristo, and I just bought a bunch of small items for the Land Cruiser. I was able to find parts that I couldn't find even in the USA and the prices for stuff I could find in the USA was still cheaper from Partsouq! Shipping was reasonable on the recent order as well at only about $11.00 USD :)

13. Braden

Braden New Member

Glad to hear.
    I ordered a tonne of things from them this last winter as well. Oem crank pulley was something I ordered and it was way cheaper than anywhere else. Valve shims that the local dealer wanted $17 each for ( not cheap when you need around 20 of them) were only $4ish each.

I do find I get hit with duties from FedEx every time a few weeks later though, but it's never more than $15.

14. RyanV

RyanV Member

Last time I chose to ship with DHL by accident and I still had duty to pay as well.

15. magnavahn

magnavahn Vahn

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered some belts and a new axle seal for my Subaru. Parts arrived in 4 days, cheaper and faster than my local st-ealer.

16. JDeee

JDeee New Member

good to know positive feedback on this one