Pacific Coast JDM - Fraud accusation PROVEN WRONG - JDMVIP.com

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Derek, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

First, I'd like to point out that I called it:
    :)

Well, I'm not going to feel closure for this yet, I really want/expect Areeb to confess, and admit. I guess that's because I've got optimism that he will do the grown-up thing. I think I can see now that I'm hoping for too much here. I'm really discouraged that he's chosen to go the route of allowing bitterness to creep in, making up more and more stories about how he was wronged, and making it tougher and tougher to admit that he was wrong.

I'm disappointed that I got dragged in, and that my name/reputation got dragged through the mud on this too. It makes me sad that being "aligned" with Derek is even a thing, let alone a negative (as it's been created and portrayed.) I guarantee I would have done the same if it was any exporter. I've bought more cars from William at JDM connection, than Derek. I've had 2 from Mark at Brave, heck, even a few of my cars have come through Steve at Sastrad - I think I must have bought three from Derek. My original intent was to hold the community together and protect Areeb's honour - because I knew what the outcome would be if he went down the road he did. Again, I've no troubles if real data, and real proof exist about fraud. Go after it by all means, but libel based on hinkey feelings is really a terrible idea. It makes me sad that he's done this to Derek, and that he's not likely done.

I have to say, even though it's all lies, that I started to believe it all a bit, in terms of what he's been saying about me - that I was disgraced, and handled things poorly there, was insulting and childish etc, UNTIL I went back and read the thread again. Not all of it, but I read my posts critically, and the most "offensive" thing I could find was a quip about him having to admit guilt once Derek proved with a bank statement that he didn't steal, that Areeb would have to put on his "big boy pants". Another time I mentioned that it was foolish (and I suppose that he could take that to mean I was calling him a fool) and once more, that I'd respond to Lunacy in the thread. Lots of damage control going on at that point..

I'm sorry to bring this up again, I'm sure many of you would wish this thread to die, and I'm content to let it now - I'd just been thinking without responding, and had to get my feelings out before it's too late.

I can guarantee that in this forum, I will be glad to listen to the other moderators with future conflicts, and will serve the community with fairness, and respect, as I've shown all through my modship at the other place, and now here. I will always be willing to listen to your issues on the boards or in private.

2. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Thanks Soren,

I appreciate you taking the time to explain things properly from your point of view. I feel that you were victimized more than most because you stuck your neck out for something you believed in. It is not fair to be punished the most, for noting but selfless altruism.

I imagine that there are quite a few people that don't know the whole story and might believe the things which were said about you. It is not a good position to be in. I admire you for the strength it took and am sorry that this all happened.

As a side note, I have decided to start posting on my blog again and this topic gets the first post - http://pacificcoastjdm.com/Pacific Coast JDM Fraud

3. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

Well I couldnt hold my tongue:

One. Its called "skip-trace/ or skip-trackers". You hire them and they find the person you need to serve. Also, how many weldons are in BC? Stop being lazy.
    Google it.
    Two. I believe the trasaction took place in Japan. So I dont Believe Canadian Courts will hear this. I could be wrong.
    Three. Its a 15 year old car! I have to fix my alternator voltage regulator, coilpacks, and timing belt... My car was a grade 4.5. So should I sue because "I" need to fix "my" car? No.
    Importing is risky. Buying from auction is risky as well.
    Try buying a "mint" or "perfectly flawless" car from a Canadian Auction.
    Wont happen. So why do you expect a "flawless" car from a "Japanese use car auction"?
    The unknown is going to happen. This is they are sold "without warranty"
    If there was "something wrong" to report why wouldnt derek return it to auction? He has done so in the past.
    I Believe this is just a very unfortunate series of events. Not malice.
    Im sorry to hear youve had such a bad exprience importing. You live and you learn.

My post on jdmvip. It will probably be removed and ill likely be banned now.

4. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

M8, you're horrible at this whole "Leave them alone" game.

5. IMPUL

I know. Ill try harder. Sowry :(
    It was this that pushed me over the edge.

Areeb Yasir also asked for his Canadian address, and Derek Weldon refuses to give it because he knows Areeb Yasir is going to sue him and win. If anyone out there knows of Derek Weldon's Canadian address, please PM JDMVIP with the details.

Just plain lazy. Ive had to serve people before. Saying " I dont know their address" isnt an answer. So its silly.

6. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Yes, as much as this whole ordeal is frustrating, it is best to not stoke the fire. Believe me, this is difficult for me, but it is a good lesson in maturity. Focus on the positive. Do things that make a net-positive to not only yourself, but those around you and even those your don't know. Even people who hurt you need understanding. Make the world the way you would like to see it, not what other people tell you it should be. Only accept things that you are deserving of, never take from someone, and offer help when people need it.

Sorry to get soft and squishy here but thinking this helps me feel like I can do the right thing through this trouble. If nothing else, I will have my dignity... and I would rather have that then any amount of money or pride. I have no problem admitting that I am wrong, I am wrong regularly. If you can't admit to being wrong, it makes it hard to grow and improve.

Yesterday I received word from my lawyer that the second copy of the court documents were ready to send to Areeb. I emailed Areeb to see if he wanted the original (pictures are above), or the court's certified copy. Either one, I am arranging to have it sent to Areeb from my lawyer instead of from me. That way there can be no fear that they are altered in any way.

Keep your dignity people. Be positive.

IMPUL and Murrdawg02 like this.
  7. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Doing business is other countries can be difficult. The entire process of buying from Auction in another company via a proxy leaves a lot of potential for problems. Whats to stop a Japanese company from making up a price on a car at auction? I say my maximum bid is 500ky and it goes for 300ky and they tell me 500ky, how am I supposed to know that they are taking 200ky from me? I don't, you have to hope the proxy agent in Japan is being honest, and there is the potential to get screwed.
    The Truth is that a lot of cars being exported are in need of repair, and likely have a good reason to be exported. There are nice cars, lots of us have gotten them, and then there are not nice cars, but thats the risk of buying.

Could you imagine buying a really expensive car like a R34GTR? I bet Japanese business buying Canadian products get padded prices now and then as well. I can understand why JDMvip guy was upset, but the fact of the matter is that buying from auction in Japan is not a gauranteed nor safe process as far as I'm concerned, you'd better be ready that things can happen, 3rd party Japanese exporter guy who is behind on his mortgage payment's (not you Derek ) might decide to make an extra few grand on a car bought by a foreigner that is most likely never going to contest the price or come after them and what the heck can we do really? I'm glad you got your Japanese court docs that cleared you of wrong doing, and its a shame things didn't work out for Areeb, I would have been pissed too, but I'm pissed at my Crappy Celsior too, but thats the Way it goes when you buy from auction more or less sight-unseen from a totally different and foreign country and a lesson hard learned I guess eh?

Would anybody be surprised to hit a used car lot in Canada and a used car sales guy sell you a crappy car at an inflated price? we would not be surprised, sad that it happened, but alas this is the price of looking for high quality cars for cheap on Auction in Japan, sometimes we knock it out of the park and sometimes you go tail between your legs.

Remember the old days when people would get cars in Vancouver and it would fail soil inspection or something rediculous and it would be crushed or sent back to Japan? Hunter knows many of these tails of woe.

IMPUL likes this.
  8. IMPUL

Kingsoup got what I was saying. :)

kingsoup likes this.
  9. Hugo4

Hugo4 New Member

I imported my first car from an exporter (no longer in that business unfortunately) that had excellent vehicles with extensive, quality pictures (almost as extensive as Mark's Brave site) of each and a thorough rundown of costs. They also had numerous customer references. I didn't know anybody personally outside of a few forums that had bought a RHD JDM back in 2005, but I went ahead with it and it was one of the best vehicle purchases I have made.

BUT, sending several thousand dollars oversees for a vehicle is a major commitment. While the odds are more on your side with importing than it is with something like poker, it should still be viewed like anything that involves an element of risk. You can choose to spend more to buy a thoroughly inspected vehicle or you try your hand with auctions that can give you a better return on your money. It's all about risk and how much you want to spend to reduce it.

This is how I approach these things; There is no such thing as a sure thing, so don't bet more than you can afford to lose.

IanB, IMPUL and Murrdawg02 like this.
  10. RyanV

RyanV Member

Who was it on IVOAC that always used to say this? Was it crushers or stinky1....or someone else. Either way, words of wisdom :) Sorry....Off topic...

11. jfarsang

jfarsang New Member

If I was in his shoes as a wronged buyer and saw my wife loosing sleep, crying and stressing out over this and more so, her telling the world this on the forum herself.

I would have shut that down long ago.

I don't care what anyone says. A family's well being and health is not worth hurting over a used car or anything material for that matter.

The day his wife said she cried and stressed out over this while breast feeding their son is the day this ordeal would have ended. No money is worth that emotional damage.

IMPUL likes this.
  12. pitty

Or really it's just a miserable attempt at emotional appeal completely irrelevant in the context of that discussion. Will someone think of the children?!

13. IMPUL

14. jfarsang

jfarsang New Member

I don't think it's funny. He got shafted and its not a pleasant experience.

I asked him and his wife if he removed (insert any exporter name here) from the picture completely, is this emotional and stressful ordeal worth it.

It seems they will continue regardless of the cost (emotional, factual, false, financial).

It's instances like these that really take away from quality time that can be invested in a better way elsewhere .

15. pitty

I don't think it's funny, but neither do I think it's genuine.

AgentJ17 likes this.
  16. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

I think JDMvip guy was a bit extra emotional about the whole thing, its just a car, not even an expensive one really, lost a few K, not small change, but you move on right? its a car.
    Also in the long time I was on JDMvip that guy was always fair and seemed reasonable, he just went a little extra bonkers about the incident with page after page of info and research, I would have just made the lawsuit in small claims or whatever and moved on. Also that guy who used to be on this site with the sweet Altezza I wanted to buy, he got an Aristo from Brave and it wouldn't run right, and if a car comes from Brave and it has problems, anyone's Aristo can be problematic. Reason I have gotten Celsior's, turbo cars can be such a pain in the business (my Supras, 3000GT, WRX) I have been sort of avoiding them because of this.

Basically its Buyer beware. Derek was telling me of an Evo he got a guy that had hidden rust damage that he re-imbursed the guy for, which honestly I think is something he is not in anyway responsible for, Auction is a few pictures, a Sheet and thats pretty much it, maybe your exporter can do an in person inspection, but things are gonna be on there you didn't see on the sheet, I would Hardly expect the Auction agent to pay for it, rediculous. (like the crooked dash in my Celsior, and the panel gaps from the misfit collision repair etc)

IMPUL likes this.
  17. trev

trev New Member

It happens on brand-name dealer lots with multi-million dollar show rooms. They sell crap every day that they've marked up 100% from the trade in price and haven't even changed the oil in it ... and if you find something wrong with either the car or the deal after you drive off the lot, they'll tell you to go pound sand if you complain.

Yes, good cars exist at Japanese auction, but just like Canadian auctions, they are full of lots of crap as well. That's the fallacy or myth that has been spread for many years that it is some sort of mecca or nirvana for old cars. There is good stuff for sure, but you have to wade through a sea of crap to find it.

kingsoup and IMPUL like this.
  18. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the encouragement.

I did not receive a reply from Areeb when asking if he wanted the original court document, or the certified court re-print of it (either one sent from my lawyer). I will send him the original if I don't hear back by Monday. It seems to me that the only reason he can save face is because he claims that I have forged the court documents. Having the document sent directly from my lawyer to him will give no more room to hide. I assume it will be in vain, sadly. Areeb declared they he would never remove the fraud claim about us. I suppose that means even if proven wrong, he will lie to his community and the public. Is this a game to Areeb? This is my life and livelihood. 100% of my income comes from this job. We are not a big company and his remarks hit my exact target market. He is the owner of the forum and many members will see him as credible because of that.

When you are proven wrong, you should bite your tongue and say sorry. This is hard to do when the mistake causes a lot of damage, but is even more necessary. I am willing to work with Areeb to make the announcement as easy as possible on him. I can't stress enough that I am not out for revenge.

I noticed that this thread has moved slightly off topic with the discussion about Areeb's purchase through us. Areeb is mistaken about his claims that I broke his car, and the other accusations against myself and past members of JDMVIP.com. I hope to keep this thread focussed on the proof against the fraud claim. Certainly Areeb is trying to move the focus away from the fraud claim and his refusal to retract it.

It is not only the fraud that Areeb has wrongfully accused us of, but that is what this thread is about. We hold the proof and need people to know not to believe these lies. I don't want this thread to be a Derek VS Areeb thread. I want it to be Derek VS proven-wrong-disinformation. It would be best to keep Areeb out of it but that's not possible. I don't want this to be entertainment. This is someone wrongfully accusing me of fraud and me using the only forum I have to show it is wrong. Areeb is censoring me and the court documents from his forum so the information (regrettably) has to come out here.

19. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Totally Fair Derek, I agree that really he should retract his claims on his site JDMvip from this, but its a private site and I guess he can do whatever he wants.
    I think some of our comments here are not Derek vs Areeb but really to educate people who are looking to do maybe their first import on the reality of importing cars. I'm tiny small potatoes in the scheme of how many cars i've brought in, but enough now to see that things are often not what people expect. Discount exporters, discount importers here in Canada, kids thinking they are going to score a mint S15 for 5000$, delusional, things go wrong, stuff isn't as you had hoped and thats how it goes. (Your in depth high Res videos on Youtube are SO helpful, they are great to know what to expect when the car hits port in Vancouver)

Hes frustrated about the car, I get that, but its time to move on, its a good site most of the time, maybe not as organized and pretty as this one, but its been a while since this happened now, I hope he can just move on and forget being upset about these minor bumps in the road of life )

20. Rygar

Rygar That's what she said.

So was he mysteriously charged an extra 100,000 yen after the fact (fraud) by someone along the way or not? Wasn't that his original issue?
    And now 15 year old car has 15 year old problems?