Pacific Coast JDM - Fraud accusation PROVEN WRONG - JDMVIP.com

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Derek, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Hello Everyone,

My name is Derek Weldon and I am the Director of Pacific Coast Auto. For those of you who may be unaware, Pacific Coast Auto was publicly accused of fraud in 2013 by Mr. Areeb Yasir- the owner of the website JDMVIP.com.

I am happy to say that this accusation against me has been proven wrongful by a court of law in Japan and I have received documented proof against our involvement in the fraud claim. It has taken over a year and a half to obtain this proof. Mr. Areeb Yasir has been supplied the court documents as well as a certified translation of them by a third party in Canada. They had been sent to him on October 6th, 2014.

It is very nice that after a year and a half of trying to get proof against this claim, we have finally received documents that are unmistakably clear that we had no fault in the fraud that we have been accused of. This claim of fraud has cost us tens of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees, lost sales, and lost time. It is relieving that we can finally prove the accusation wrong.

Unfortunately, Mr. Areeb Yasir has:

1 - Not replied to the past 8 emails dating back over two months.
    2 - Not publicly announced that we have supplied him the proof against his claims.
    3 - Not kept his promise to remove the fraud claim from JDMVIP.com if proof of innocence was provided.
    4 - Banned me from his site with no explanation of why.

I was banned from JDMVIP.com at the same time as I showed Areeb the proof, despite not breaking any forum rules. I asked why I was banned but was not responded to.

In the ignored emails- I had shown Areeb a draft of the court documents and asked if they would satisfy him to prove we were innocent. He was given a chance to add feedback in the court documents, but chose to ignore it.

My intention is not to fight, name-call, discredit, or cause harm. I would prefer to not even have to write this post. I have tried to explain to Mr. Areeb Yasir that it is in his best interest for him to announce that he had made a mistake and to take back the claim.

Areeb had been notified back in August with a draft of the proof; he has had over two months to prepare a response but I have seen no intention from him to announce anything. I had planned on letting him break the news but it seems he refuses to take responsibility for the consequences of his actions.

The important point is for the fraud thread to be removed. I have no need to retaliate against JDMVIP.com or punish Areeb for his incorrect fraud claim or poor conduct in public regarding it. I am not a fan of publicly calling out people or shaming them; the purpose of this post is to educate people that I am not a criminal. If Mr. Areeb Yasir would remove his fraud claim, there would be no more need for this post and I would request that it be removed as well. It is unnecessary for my grievances with Mr. Areeb Yasir to remain as public information on the internet forever.

The fraud claim has had over 18,000 views at this point. If it is not removed, it will continue to damage the reputation of Pacific Coast Auto even though we have proof against the claim. I have been advised that we could remove the thread with a law suit but that is not an ideal or desired solution. I have already struggled with courts once to get the proof Mr. Areeb Yasir demanded and would prefer to not go that route again.

I simply can't understand why Areeb would want to keep his illegal and defamatory statements online and open to public viewing. I had hoped that we could come to an agreement but every opportunity to reason with him has been seen as an attack. He twisted my words and posted them out of context in effort to attract people to sympathize with him or discredit me. This has been done both before and after we sent the court documents to Areeb.

If Areeb does not remove the thread, I seek help to spread the information of my innocence. However, I advice caution- Mr. Areeb Yasir has accused me of orchestrating attacks against him and his site. Although untrue, some people are believing him. Areeb publicly posted his intention to sue. Please understand that your actions may be wrongfully claimed as coming from me. Please bear in mind that I do not endorse nor encourage offensive actions against Mr. Areeb Yasir or the JDMVIP.com website. Please everyone, even if this upsets you, I encourage you to be civil with your actions.

JDMVIP.com has blocked the Import-Era URL so you can't link to this article from there. You might be banned from JDMVIP.com if you comment on this issue even without a link and your post(s) may be removed. Areeb may also be watching Private Messages and users who mention Import-Era in PMs may be banned.

Again, my intent is not to attack. This is not about Areeb but about clearing my name first and foremost. A court outcome has proven that I had no part in any fraudulent actions against Mr. Areeb Yasir and now he is ignoring the facts he so adamantly desired. It was my hope that legal proof of innocence would have ended this fiasco, but even after ample time was given for a response there has been no action nor communication.

I want the illegal and wrongful thread removed from JDMVIP.com.

If that can't happen, then I want to spread the word that Pacific Coast Auto has been cleared of the fraud accusation.

Thank you for your time and patience, and sorry if this has brought any discomfort to people.

Sincerely,
    Derek Weldon
    Director of Pacific Coast Auto

2. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I am happy to see the obvious truth come out. I remember when this all started, before I was also banned on JDMVIP, and never told why. I hope this progresses in a positive way for innocent parties involved.

Congrats on fighting the good fight to prove your innocence Derek!

IMPUL likes this.
  3. jfarsang

jfarsang New Member

I can't imagine the emotional toll on yourself and financial impact on your business this has taken. I hope that this is finally the end of the chapter. I too, am apparently banned from JDMVIP for unknown reasons. I've been contributing tech/fabrication and mechanical input on the JDM forums since 2007 and to be banned due to a controlling admin is childish. Good to see this come to an end finally.

Bushman likes this.
  4. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Im glad this is coming to this point, its unfortunate that what started out as a good community went down hill fast, i was also banned for no good reason. However all the content that i contributed to the site over the years was left up. So i cant be that terrible? can i? lol.

anyways. support Derek in this, and im glad to help lend a voice to this issue.
    Here is one of the court Documents:
    [​IMG]

The rest of them are here:

IMPUL likes this.
  5. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

I too was banned from JDMVIP.com I believe it was while communicating via PM with some members during the exodus which lead to this communities formation.

It sickens me too know that Derek has spent that much money defending himself and had to cover his own legal costs even after winning. But I guess that just goes to show you, hes just that nice a guy.

Potentially Areeb could have been subject to a counter claimed for lost income and legal costs.

But Derek clearly didnt want to bury the guy. Just clear his name.

I personally feel that if the accusational post is not removed in a timely fashion that derek should counter claim. But I would understand if he didnt. Lawsuits are a nightmare.

Derek- Go take a week off and spend it with your family. Shake this thing off and forget it ever happened.
    Congras bud!

6. coquitlamglenn

coquitlamglenn New Member

That's Brutal. You take the higher road, have your name cleared in an actual court of law - he continues to slander you by leaving the thread up. It makes me want to get banned.

You can definitely count me a "Derek supporter"

7. Greg

Don't worry, all you have to is mention this web site, or Derek being innocent, and VIP will be in there fast.

8. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Hello again everybody.

I just wanted to update everyone on what is happening with the JDMVIP.com fraud accusation.
    I am sorry to post more negativity into our otherwise excellent community.

If you haven't already done so, I encourage you to click that link posted by Dah_Hunter.

You can see that each paper of the court documents (and official translation) was both scanned and photographed. The stamps used by the court and translator have closeup pictures of them, and each page in the official court documents has a unique pattern punched through all sheets to prove that they match in the set.

I did not get a reply from Areeb on the court documents I sent him. He is still not emailing me.
    Though, he did publicly respond to them. He claimed that they were possibly forged, and removed the link to them that was posted on JDMVIP.com.

To help Areeb validate the documents, I have sent him the contact information for my lawyer, the contact information for the court, and have requested that the court produce a second original copy of the documents, to be sent to Areeb.

I am concerned though since I believe Areeb said that he would never remove the thread accusing me of fraud.

If he plans to not remove the thread, then I have to prepare for his defamation to hurt me forever. Although his actions are illegal, it is a civil matter that can only be handled by a court (You can't just tell the police and have them handle it). I still don't wish to go to court over this.

The only other defence I have is to get the word of my innocence out to as many people as possible. If there are enough links to this thread, it will not only spread the word, but will also give a higher score for Google. I thank some of you who have already done this without even notifying me of it.

Remember, I am not trying to fight Areeb here, I am educating people that we have proof denying his fraud accusation against Pacific Coast Auto, and myself as the Owner.

Lastly, if Areeb wishes to come to this forum to explain himself, I encourage that. I would expect that none of the moderators here would censor him in the way that he is doing on JDMVIP.com. In the same regard, I hope that members here would treat him with respect, regardless of your personal feelings.

9. IMPUL

Derek, kudos on your tenacity!
    Stick with it. I would not be surprised if you had to go to court to have the cotinued false accusations removed. It should be reletively easy since he is ignoring a court order to cease the slander. Though it would still cost alot.

I for one would like to see areeb actually have a 2 sided conversation.

I will not bash him. I just want to see this resolved.

10. Murrdawg02

Murrdawg02 Danger to the manifold

I have kept my mouth shut on the other forum as I believe this is a matter that should have been dealt between yourself and Areeb privately. Unfortunately Areeb decided to post it publicly and slander you and your business which, as you said is illegal. PCA has enough positive reviews that I am sure that once this is settled, it will have not as much effect on your business as it could have. With him banning members left, right and center its only a matter of time before JDMVIP looses its community as a whole and this becomes a thing of the past.

Agreed that he should not be censored, as this is an 'open forum', and is actually unbiased...

Best of luck Derek.

11. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

I would like to add an important point with regard to what we do at JDMVIP.

If you choose to be active at JDMVIP, you may want to limit your participation to areas outside of this debacle (as a number of our members have successfully done). You may have noticed that no matter how respectful or rational people might be, Areeb considers any statements which are not in perfect alignment with his ideology as - at best - a personal insult, and at its worst an orchestrated attack on his website and community, both of which he seems to associate with Derek via some ineffable mental acrobatics. As Areeb made it clear that no amount of pressure from the community will make him reconsider, any additions to the thread or any related provocation outside of it serves only to generate more vitriol and slander. It may also validate some of Areeb's points in the eyes of the new JDMVIP members who have not had the misfortune to witness the unfolding of this issue and the absolute unraveling of the admin.

I sense that the matter of removing that thread will not find a resolution outside of court, but the more Areeb uses it to converse with himself in long winded paranoia-stricken paragraphs, the less the thread becomes a condemnation of Derek, and the more it becomes a cautionary tale about Areeb as a poisonous customer.

tl;dr:
    If you are banned, consider staying banned.
    If you participate, consider being an impartial party.
    If you left friends behind at JDMVIP, consider inviting them here via third party means.

JamalS13, Derek, IMPUL and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Thanks Pitty for putting that up. and best of luck to Derek.

13. coquitlamglenn

coquitlamglenn New Member

I never belonged to JDMVIP, and I am not going to boost his numbers now.

I had a look at Jesse's recent return to that site - man, what a drama queen. Jesse had a few private words with him via PM, and he brought them all out into public view and flooded his thread. I know there is a wealth of info there, but what an ego. Especially because a guy like Jesse is such an asset to the technical side of these forums.

The best thing to do, in my opinion is to populate this site with as much good useful info as possible. This site will only grow.

14. IMPUL

Im not trying to boost his numbers.
    But there were threads I wanted to touch on before being banned. Hopefully it will have a positive effect? But there is little nissan chatter ( or any activity - besides that post ) so I dont really need to be there. There are more frequented threads and activity here.

Theres a feeling of light, funny, knowledgable information here.
    Its very dark on the other side.

15. Murrdawg02

Murrdawg02 Danger to the manifold

16. Greg

I think as much as most of what is said about other sites, it's best to just 'let it go', don't poke the bear, and let Derek and Areeb hash it out. Last thing we need is him to begin attacking our forum (not 'hacking', but posts here or there, etc..).

He is the kind of person to think he is in the right, no matter what.

[​IMG]

Derek and SilverStar like this.
  17. skylinetimes

skylinetimes New Member

this is great news! :)

18. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

I think that Greg is right. We need to let it go.

Spending time worrying about it will only cause discomfort. It seems that we are at a stalemate here with communication restricted. If I email him, I don't get replies, but get parts of the email posted on his forum out of context in an effort to hurt my reputation. I am not able to notify the JDMVIP members of what it going on outside of the bubble that Areeb has made for himself. Efforts to communicate are just being used as fuel to spread negativity. There is really no need anymore.

Any effort put into this is lost. He has the facts and is choosing to ignore them.

I will instead focus that energy on spreading positivity instead of dwelling on negativity.

coquitlamglenn likes this.
  19. jfarsang

jfarsang New Member

Good stuff and glad to hear.

It's really a shame. I remember leaving the delica forum due to a control hungry admin. I was being a dick sometimes but my contributions and the other awesome mechanics and members really bolstered their numbers.

Members make up a forum. Once it becomes big and drama ensues, it really puts a spotlight on how it's managed by the person(s) who control it.

I get the feeling that by being a member on multiple forums that certain admin's feel you are cheating on them. It's an interesting observation.

The vibe is pretty mellow here. It's good. :)

20. Lethbridge_man

Lethbridge_man New Member

I remember when that happened - that's when I left as well. So glad to hear that everything worked out well, Derek!