Outdoor Fabrics Canada

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Ihatedomestic, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Ihatedomestic

Ihatedomestic I rarely post; mostly lurk in the shadows

Thought I had found a real gem here: fabrics and products within Canada that I could use to re-cover my Beat seats with. Prices looked reasonable (for the products and the shipping) and I figured once I placed the order, I'd have the order on my doorstep within a weeks time. WRONG. Here is my experience:
    Mar.29th: I place a small order, online, for 1 yard of material: Madera - Silver, along with some foam and some UV protective spray. On the web page, everything showed up as "In Stock"

April 6th: I receive an email: "We have an order here which includes a product called Madera - silver. This colour has now been sold out and discontinued. We do have a colour called Madera - charcoal. Would you like me to change the order to this colour? If so then we will change it for you. The charcoal is expected in approx. 5-6 weeks."

April 7th: I reply, stating that I was a little pissed off because:
    -the web site showed the material as "in stock"
    -it took them a week to let me know that the material was sold out.
    -i was able to order a sold out and discontinued product
    -their web page shows the alternative as "in stock" but I was quoted 5-6 weeks for delivery.
    In the email I also asked if there was a material similar to Madera and if they could confirm if it was in stock or not.

April 15th: I sent another email after receiving no reply from the company. The email requested that my order be cancelled immediately and my credit card refunded the next business day (Ap.18) or I would be putting in a claim with my credit card company.

I don't know if this seems harsh, but I feel like this is no way to run a company. If I happened to be a business and needed the material for a customer's car...I'd be livid.
    Anyway, just thought I'd share this.

2. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

That does seem pretty lame. Especially them taking your money before even confirming that they could sell you the product.

3. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

I notice a lot of niche companies like that one which jump into online sales without the basic understanding of constant maintenance and attention that it involves. Waiting a week for communication regarding a paid order is unacceptable, charge it back. Next time they might remember that taking money on the internet is not a one-way street.

4. Ihatedomestic

Ihatedomestic I rarely post; mostly lurk in the shadows

Still have not received another email from them...but my credit card has been refunded.
    Now to start all over again, with another company...and to write a harsh email/facebook message to Outdoor Fabrics Canada.

5. Kate York

Kate York New Member

I too was almost burned by Outdoor Fabrics Canada for some webbing a buckles for a project that was suppose to be finished weeks ago. I must have called and e-mailed 20+ times and never getting threw :(. I did however get through to Angela via her cell phone (705)-427-1736 (my husband's brother is a PI). She apologized and explained how busy she is and I'd get my webbing and buckles right away....which I did. What away to run a business! Do Not deal with this company, order from the states, it might cost a little more but at least you get what you ordered promptly. For those not able to get through on her business e-mail, her personal e-mail address is akowcenuk@hotnail.com.