BC OOP Shops in BC that are import Friendly

Discussion in 'Regional' started by Dah_Hunter, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

what area are you from.. so we can help you better.

2. Sadi

Sadi New Member

I'm from Vancouver.

3. Dah_Hunter

ABC auto is the place most people are using these days:

4. Kombat0001

Kombat0001 Steve

+1 on ABC Auto we just had my roommates R32 inspected there not too long ago... it was quick and painless.

5. Sadi

Sadi New Member

Great, thanks guys.

Ting180sx likes this.
  6. Sadi

Sadi New Member

So I went to ABC Auto on Main Street as recommended. I had to replace a few things in order to pass the inspection which they got all done in the same day.
    I just think their labour and OOP fee way too expensive. I should have bought the parts and replace it myself but as I just wanted to get it over with, whatever. I would rate my overall experience 8/10. PM me for more details.

7. skylinetimes

skylinetimes New Member

Might of costed you a bit more....but you avoided the headache of going to multiple shops.

Plus if you do your own repairs first they will pass the car without any problems....I have had passed multiple cars through them now, but I do my own repairs first.

8. Dah_Hunter

Since they let things like slide, thats how they justify the cost of Labour etc..

9. trev

trev New Member

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out what will pass and what will not. Most of the inspections/problem fails are pretty obvious to anyone with basic car knowledge. Look for torn boots, look at pad levels, etc ...

10. Dah_Hunter

true dat its always recommended doing a Pre-inspection inspection yourself.

11. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

I have a friend moving to the Courtney area of the island. He has two older cars (not JDMs) that will need OOP. Anyone have any suggestions for reasonable shops in that area?

12. tegu

tegu New Member

It is much easier (and cheaper) for a Canadian car OOP inspection - I heard some places up there it is only $80 or so instead of the $100-$200 it is for the import OOP - just check the ICBC list online and give a few places a call.

13. Meowmix

Meowmix New Member

I called MF ealier in the week. My impression is that they are selective about the type of cars they book for OOP. I guess they want to avoid time wasters if they already know certain cars will not pass without specific parts (ie. headlights). *Edit: They are still doing OOP for JDM cars...
    ABC Main Auto, however accepted bookings without any questions.

14. skylinetimes

skylinetimes New Member

ABC Auto is awesome, and what's great is that aren't shady with their inspections either.

15. william

william William

FYI -ABC auto got fined for doing OOP's not by the book and now are enforcing all compliance. Good guys though and seem knowledgeable.

Garth likes this.
  16. Dah_Hunter

Was wondering when that was going to happen since they were passing all the cars for velocity

17. JFT

JFT New Member

Been doing lots of reading on this forum, decided to commit few months ago and bought a Toyota Dyna 2001. It's coming here in Vancouver in about 2 weeks and I'm trying to figure out where I'll bring the truck for the OOP. After reading this, I was going to use ABC but I'm not sure if I should anymore with the recent update on them...
    The truck is very clean, score of 4 and only 38 000km but I guess because it's my first time, I'm a bit stressed out ;) Anyways, I was looking at other places like Tremblay Motors or Art's or Granville and Avery, online they get good reviews but you know how online reviews can be! Figured I should ask here before I commit...
    Any advice or recommendation to do? Much appreciated, cheers Jeff

18. Mark - Brave Auto

Mark - Brave Auto JDM Auction Agent/Exporter

If this is who I think it is (I have Dyna around 40km's arriving in soon for a customer), then drop me an email and I will tell you where to take the truck for OOP that is above board and JDM friendly.

What does JDM friendly mean - it means they are not anti JDM vehicles and live in the real world.

Cheers

Mark.

19. JFT

JFT New Member

Thanks Mark, yes it's me! I'll send you an email thank you so much.

PS: Mark really gave me the best service I could have ever hoped for, just incredible! And this is another proof of that amazing service. I highly recommend Mark at Brave Auto and thanks to that forum, I found him here. He stored my truck for many many months for free so I could get the one I wanted (it was too recent). Just the fact that he personally drove my truck, now I know what to expect and that's a major plus to me.

20. trev

trev New Member

Ecode headlights, DRL and reflectors on the corners and you should be good to go.