NYK Green Ridge go mechanical?

Discussion in 'Importing Misc' started by dmnd, May 31, 2015.

1. dmnd

dmnd Tuna Sandwich

So I have a inbound vehicle that was booked onto NYK's Green Ridge. Got confirmation that my car was loaded on Friday. I regularly check Marinetraffic.com to see when it sets sail. It was suppose to leave Japan on the 30th but it sat moored at Kawasaki port for 3 days, which I think is odd? Since these ships usually only sit at port for no longer than a day. Got an update saying my car is now booked for another boat, K-Line's Georgia Highway, which doesn't set sail until June 8th with an ETA into Vancouver on June 27th. Which realllyyy sucks, because I had a week off starting on the 28th where I was going to head down to the GVA for vacation and drive the car back after. But now that plan doesn't seem like it's going to fly.

Anyone else have a car that was booked on Green Ridge? Is the ship busted and stuck at Kawasaki? Derek , any of your cars affected?

Update: Appears the Green Ridge is finally moving. Will have to see what the deal with my car getting bumped onto the next ship is all about.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

Who are you exporting with?

3. Megatol

Megatol Mr. Toyota

Looks like the vessel on its way to NEW WESTMINSTER

4. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Watching marinetraffic.com is a good way to make your hair go grey. There are a lot of times where regular vessel activities end up looking crazy to regular people. Then they contact me and want to know answers to why the vessel is not moving, or why it went to Tacoma before NWM. My advice is to stay off the site and await the notification from the port when it comes in.

5. mademiriam

mademiriam New Member

Good thing my hair is already grey. :D It's true though, enough to drive a person crazy. According to all the sites my truck is currently on it's way to Europe.

6. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Trying to track when the boat will come in is an exercise in frustration, I have ripped my hair out on occasion trying to time pickup and customs etc.
    Better to pay customs and have Dah Hunter pick it up for you then hair rippage in my experience.

7. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

did you get any info about why your car was bumped. (Didn't notice this thread till now after i emailed you lol)

What exporter did you use? the shipping agent should have details

8. dmnd

dmnd Tuna Sandwich

It's a BeForward vehicle. I asked them and they didn't give me a straight answer, but my assumption is when it told me Load Confirmed on the CAP, it wasn't actually physically loaded. But, Hunter and the Fresh Vehicle Service to the rescue!

9. dmnd

dmnd Tuna Sandwich

24 Hours since Georgia Highway has left Yokohama, no changes on my CAP yet, so I think it's safe to say the car is actually got on the vessel this time. It's going on a little tour of Japan before it heads for Canada.

On the other hand, not having a car readily available to hop in and go somewhere is a bit to get use to. I've been riding my motorcycle, but on a day like today where it was +35C, I really wish I was in an air conditioned automobile.

10. trev

trev New Member

Marine traffic is entertaining ... but every car I've ever imported has shown up the day of, or the day before, the day they told me it was going to even before it "set sail".