Nova Scotia Spotted

Discussion in 'Maritimes' started by Speed Stick, Jul 5, 2013.

1. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

Ahhhh, just noticed a Bluenose Autosport Club sticker on the rear window....wonder if I know them! I knew that car looked vaguely familiar for some reason!

2. dagleykd

3. Rygar

Rygar That's what she said.

4. dagleykd

Nice Rygar! Where was this? Is that kei truck covered in performance decals? lol

5. Rygar

That was at Dartmouth Gate in Woodside, and nope :p
    On the bright side you can't really tell where the accident damage on my car is!

6. dagleykd

I don't see any damage at all! And it's not? What are all the decals on the side of the truck? lol I see a TEIN decal on the front! :p

7. Rygar

Oh there's a few stickers, but I wouldn't say covered. How else would you make the truck go faster?

And yes, it is - passenger side rear tire and above/rear panel. Someone changed lanes without looking and pit manoeuvred me.

8. dagleykd

Oh damn man, that sucks....was this in another thread that I had (or didn't?) reply to? I don't even remember that happening! Is it bad? :(

9. Rygar

I don't think I posted it here at the time. Not bad, just some cosmetic damage that should eventually be fixed.

10. dagleykd

Sorry to hear mate! Glad it's not too bad, hopefully it won't cost you an arm and a leg, although parts might be harder (read: more expensive) to get ahold of...

11. Rygar

Will cost me $500 as it is going through insurance. I had an estimate done so I got the required part numbers and checked out Partsouq and Amayama.

12. mademiriam

mademiriam New Member

Ok I know it isn't a JDM but saw a Tesla in bridgewater of all places, only the second one i've seen in the wild and since the first one I saw had Tennessee plates it's also the first NS plated one I've seen. Of course i was driving so no pic...you'll just have to take my word for it. @dagleykd I believe you live that way have you seen it? Know where it usually parks?
    Also in the 700km covered yesterday saw 5 different mini trucks and a Toyota Hiace...no other JDM's I noticed though.

13. dagleykd

Yup! I actually live just outside of Mahone Bay....that being said, I've only ever seen 2 Teslas. One was a black one in Halifax, and a white one passed me at Exit 11 as I was coming off the highway from Bridgewater headed home awhile back - that one was heading towards Halifax, but I THINK it had NS plates.

Was the Tesla you saw white (or a light gray / silver color) by chance?

There are a few keis around Bridgewater area...a fellow in Lunenburg daily drives a white Hijet like yours - never had a chance to talk to him, but I passed him once, rolled down my window while he was getting into his truck and told him "Love you HiJet!" He looked a bit confused at first to see where it was coming from, but then he smiled and waved. Another guy in Lunenburg daily drives a Daihatsu Atrai kei van in dark blue (similar to this one: https://img03.carview.co.jp/trade/i...4/japan car/1997+daihatsu+atrai+wagon/01w.jpg). Another guy who runs a tour business has a Hijet custom painted / modded to look like a Lighthouse, lol....I've got a few pics of that one somewhere on the forum, but I haven't seen that one in awhile. The Atrai got hauled to the local Irving garage on a flatbed awhile back and then I saw it sitting in their parking lot for a few days, but it's gone now, so hoping its fixed and back on the road! :)

14. Rygar

Saw this at Irving (why no V Power!).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. dagleykd

Very nice! Still love the GTR - such an angry looking car! Awesome Lotus as well....two guys that work in Bridgewater at Michelin have an older Elise in lime green and bright orange! :)

For my most recent spot - I'm at work right now on break, so I don't have the pics to upload, so pardon me for having to do it, but I'll link to my post on Opposite Lock from last night :) :p

(......excuse and pardon my fanboi gushy writing :p...it was just a very awesome "car guy" moment for one of my favorite cars I'd never seen in person until then! )

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-car-gods-shineth-on-my-birthday-1722613243

16. Rygar

Nice spot, I've never seen a Citroen around here.
    I'm told there was a Ford GT at the A&W Thursday meet (SOMEONE didn't get a picture as it was "too busy") and an unknown supercar was leaving as said someone was arriving.

17. dagleykd

I've never seen ANY Citro├źns in person that I can recall until this one....maybe one 2CV when I was younger...?

Pretty cool - I've never seen a Ford GT either, fairly uncommon! There was a Ferrari 360 in Lunenburg the other day filling up at the Esso station on my way to work...was driving so couldn't snap a pic. It was that light silver-blue uncommon color, but very nice!

18. Speed Stick

Speed Stick The Halifax kid

Bahahaha! It was a newer dark blue Ford GT.

19. Rygar

Did you see another supercar (that wasn't a Chaser) leaving as you arrived?

We need more Chasers in NS.

20. Speed Stick

Speed Stick The Halifax kid

Yeah I don't know what it was. If I recall it was black. I couldn't make out the emblem on the front.

And yeah, I've been the only one as far as I know for over 3 years. Like the Altezza's are showing up even lol.