LOTS of maintenance completed. Timing belt, crank seal, cam seal, thermostat, accessory belts, transmission fluid change and oil change in a total of 12 hours invested (should've been 10 but I had to re-assemble the vvt actuator after the err "mechanic" took it apart by accident, ugh). I went out on a limb and bought this puller after chatting with folks on miata.net. It worked sweet, pulled my 3 seals in about 5 minutes with no shaft scratches (I also used a plastic bottle shield though). https://www.amazon.ca/Lisle-58430-Shaft-Type-Puller/dp/B000FPYW4K Reason for going in was the leaking crank seal (and the timing belt close to due): New belt on, ya! Washing in the driveway as a reward. My phone is pretty bad, but it is also really smoky here thanks to forest fires at our neighbors to the west. However, I found a busted boot on an upper ball joint. The joint still feels relatively tight so I ordered new urethane boots.