Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by magnavahn, May 23, 2017.
Pretty VIP van. Pretty awesome.
Hubcentric rings came in, rollin on the new wheels now.
Looks awesome. Hmm maybe my van needs new shoes. How's the ride. Still pretty smooth.
Do it! 18" or 19" wheels would be an ok compromise.
Mine still rides like a couch. A bit more road noise though, mostly from tar snakes.
Installed a 6" touchscreen deck with proper dual zone and dvd out! Kids are stoked. How-to thread to be posted eventually...
I followed the idea on this forum:
New tires this year! Last years tires were used 235/35r20. Load rating was less than I felt comfortable with...and my wife curbed the wheels a couple times. So I sized up to 245/35r20 but these particular Goodyear's fit much wider, about 1/2" on each side. 255's would've been perfect but it would need a flat fender roll and other challenges.
In case anyone out there is researching maximum Nissan Elgrand NE51 tire fitment:
- 20x8.5" et+35 with 245/35r20 Goodyear Eagle Sports fits stock suspension, very slight negative camber (-0.4). More front camber is not possible without some "surgery" on the fittings.
- If lowered, the rear outside will probably hit the fender lip, flat roll would take care of that.
- Full lock on turn still has 1/2" of clearance
- Really close to the tires touching rear doors when open...a few mm of clearance only.
- 255/35r20 would probably not fit without more extensive mods. Either the rear doors wouldn't open or they would touch the front strut. In an et+40 and coilovers, it would probably work.
Terrible dark garage pics to follow.
That sliver of light is the rear door clearance, just a few mm's.
Still some wheel gap. I have no plans of lowering anymore though, the ride is too nice and soft.
My passenger window has been intermittently no working. I've tried troubleshooting all the wiring and switchboxes.
- It is not the passenger side switch
Narrowed down to drivers side switchbox part # PA6-GF30 or the window motor. I found some used switchboxes online for $50, I'll try one of those first. Really annoying when the window won't go up after a drive though in winter...
Hmm i have been having a random issue where the door lock and unlock at random while driving. i havent started to look into it but i have been wondering if its a Switchbox issue. and your having an issue with yours (Thought a bit different)
Sometimes my rear drivers door won't lock with the power locks. Pretty sure this is when my kids are playing on the inside first though and do some strange monkey business.
Separate names with a comma.