Looking for a FUN car

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cody, Aug 2, 2017.

1. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

That's awesome, my wife usually says "finish the cars you have" when I say I want to buy another one.

2. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

oh MAN! Seriously?

3. Cody

Cody New Member

Im sure mine will eventually say that too lol
    Yes sir! I was eyeing up the purplish one and they threw in the gold one for free!

4. Cody

Cody New Member

So i recently went to Prince George to hang out with my friends (known them since we were 6,we're 27 now lol) and we got to talking about me wanting a "fun car" and one of them suggested "why not buy a Honda an swap in a better motor" so we researched and searched some more and it seems like if i did that i could get a ek hatchback, an buy a b18c or h22a. Possibly even turbo it. All for $8000ish. So that's been in the back of my mind for a little while now.. Trying to decide lol ill let you guys know

5. PurgedTT

PurgedTT New Member

If you are gonna swap a gutted civic hatch go K series way better returns for your money.

K20 is the choice, but K24 if you can afford.

6. magnavahn

magnavahn Vahn

For $8k, an Altezza would already be at ~200hp and have fewer issues (and it's rwd!); or a Subaru comes with a turbo.

I've done 2 motor rebuilds and it's a lot of work. I only did that because I already owned the vehicles. For your budget, we know you can raise the bar and spend more time enjoying the drive.

7. PurgedTT

PurgedTT New Member

I would buy a Altezza RS200 again (Z edition for the front end looks) was a great little car.

Gutted K swap civics are so fast though, however unless you were doing the work yourself to install it's definitely can be pricey when you can get a Altezza RS200 with 100-150k for less than 5-6k already imported.

Stay away from H series (H22A) in this case it burns more oil than a refinery even when the engine is young.

8. Cody

Cody New Member

H series are that bad for oil? I heard they consume SOME oil but didn't think it was that bad.

And me an my friend's would be doing all the work, except for the tune but i have family friends who own a tuning shop so id get good prices. But I'm more than confident we'd get it done on our own. Im a C Ticket Welder, my other friend is a journeyman heavy duty mechanic, my other buddy is a B Ticket Welder and a journeyman machinest who owns a computer plasma table so custom parts are more than easy to get a hold of lol

9. PurgedTT

PurgedTT New Member

Both my 4th gen and 5th gen prelude I had burned a ton of oil, one engine had 120,xxx from japan and the other had 160,xxx km's in their defense they were driven fairly hard as I had no intentions of long term ownership of either but they were fun cars. If you see any preludes around check their rear I bet it is caked in oil soot. A friend had one with abit higher mileage that was re-painted orange and his rear was black you could run a finger through the oil soot, when in VTEC rev range they are designed to run stupid rich so they don't grenade themselves even though they are only being rev'd out to 7500 RPM. My altezza which redlined at 8K didn't use nearly the same amount of oil (2.2L vs 2L).

If you are doing the work yourselves as a project absolutely do it, they are stupid fast when done properly just look up some k20/k24 civic youtube video's to give yourself an idea, but the K series is superior in every way possible versus B/H series engines whether you can get a K20A or K24 long block depending on your total budget.

Jealous as it's always been something I wanted but never could do and make a build thread here!

10. Cody

Cody New Member

Ive been a honda boy since the first fast and furious hahaha i definitely know that k series are beast!

My buddy also offered me to buy his Honda motor, H22a4 block (re sleeved) and head with a GSR transmission for $100! Might jump on it and just build it.. Can't really go wrong with that price

However after much debating with my wife she's not on board with me building a car right now, she thinks i should get a good daily driver/fun car first then later on build a honda.. She said to get something 4 door, rwd, and AUTO :( SO i gave her these 3 options to choose from, r34 gtt (4 door), Toyota Aristo, or Toyota Celsior cf package.. Sigh after i had a set plan wife is making me change it up lol

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017