Lapping Event at Castrol

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by lenglish, Jul 26, 2016.

1. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Sorry to anyone that has seen these other places already :) Thought I'd share some of these here as well for those that aren't on instagram/fb.

Took some pics at Castrol for a lapping event on Sunday. It was my first attempt at panning or any type of racing photos. It was a lot of trial and error, but I did come away with some shots I was happy with. Here are a couple of my faves:

[​IMG]
    Under Pressure
    by Lenglish1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SMG
    by Lenglish1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Devi Z
    by Lenglish1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Hot Pursuit
    by Lenglish1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Home Brew
    by Lenglish1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    e30 Speed
    by Lenglish1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Two Racecars and a Ricer
    by Lenglish1, on Flickr

Greg and Murrdawg02 like this.
  2. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

How was it? busy? how many sessions did you end up getting in and how many groups? holy moses the Evo squad there! only roadcourse around, I've never been but want to go!

3. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

I didn't race, I was just there to take photos, but from my perspective it was pretty cool. The organizer of the event let me go wherever I wanted, so I was right in the thick of it (within a safe distance of course).

If I remember correctly, the cost was $125 and for that price you got three - 20 minute sessions. From what I heard this is one of the cheapest lapping days available. There were two groups of about 10 cars each, novice and expert.

The only drawback is that they were only using half of the course, but it still seemed like a lot of fun.

4. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Wait, people race these things?

5. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Interesting! I'm off to ontario in a week for 3 track days in a weekend (live the dream as I come up to 40) We're getting 4 30min sessoins + 1hr for 100$ at Mosport DDT, 130$ at Shannoville for 4 30min sessons and 3.5hrs of open track at Cayuga for 79$ (supra club!) Its really just this track and the one in interior BC around here.
    Only half the track! I'll have to do some more research!

Also great pics!