Kei sized tires: where to buy in Canada?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ihatedomestic, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Ihatedomestic

Ihatedomestic I rarely post; mostly lurk in the shadows

My Beat needs new street rubber, but I am having a really tough time finding anything close (especially 13" sizes).
    Looking for:
    155/65/13
    165/60/13
    165/65/14
    175/70/14

Other size suggestions welcome.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Darksider

Darksider New Member

Try pmctire.com. They had options for 3 of 4 of your sizes. Located in Sherbrooke QC and offer free shipping. Quick delivery to Halifax. I bought Yokohama's from them for my BMW. I was very satisfied with the price and service.

3. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

1010tires.com had some of the larger sizes in stock. Maybe drop them an email, or any local shop for a special order?

4. Ihatedomestic

PMC has the 2 stock Beat sizes I need...but only one choice: Fuzion brand. Guess it's better than Boulogne skins that are on it now. Thanks for the tip @Darksider

I think I checked 1010tires and didn't have any luck...but will have a second peek just to be sure.

Darksider likes this.
  5. Ihatedomestic

Put an order through with PMC tire. I searched for and chose tires that were showing as "in stock" on their web page, but received an email stating that they have nil stock or either size and that it would be 6-8 weeks before they got any. No other 13" options available, other than 175/50/13 NS-2R (I already have a set of these for Autox).
    They have stock (-ish) on a pair of 14" Khumos in an odd size, but will work. Shipping would take about 3 weeks! ...and if I only bought the 2 tires from them, the order would not qualify me for free shipping. Fack.

Still waiting to hear back from Talon Tire (also in Que). Emailed and called for a quote.

Nothing shows on 1010tires or Tirerack for a 13" tire that would be suitable.

Still looking for suggestions...

6. magnavahn

magnavahn Vahn

I've ordered from 2 places online so I checked them out.

1) Quattro tire, I bought winters from here through a friend a year or so ago. Tires arrived, no issue.
    https://www.quattrotires.com/dimensions/ete/165/65/14
    They only have your 2 larger sizes.

2) KX Wheels. The best guys work here. I placed an order and they called me to follow up. Essentially they have connections to get you many different options. I bought konig wheels and they mounted/road force balanced my ties too. Very good value.
    They have 3 of your options on their website, but contact them and they'll probably be able to get more than that.
    https://kxwheels.com/kx/tire/tiresi...z&access_key=F2A53B2CF070457086347CABC4BDF4E6