JDM Celica Gt4 st185

Discussion in 'Toyota' started by massabsamurai, May 11, 2014.

1. massabsamurai

massabsamurai New Member

Hello there,

I just picked one up off kijiji and some parts need to be replaced like sideview mirror(broken), passenger side door (seized), where could i source some parts? Looked on ebay, kijiji and haven't had much luck. Thanks

2. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

For the mirrors Yahoo auction japan is a good start.
    Ebay with world wide search is also good. The door hinge id try to find a local celica ata wreckers ...

3. massabsamurai

massabsamurai New Member

Thanks Impul. I went to junk yards and couldn't find a single celica. I did find some parts on the good ol ebay tho. But how do you translate a jdm vin to a usdm vin? I was looking to order brake rotors for the celica and apparently they come in 2 different sizes and the seller can't decode the 12 digit jdm vin.

4. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

There should be lots of Celica's around, they made a lot that will have the generic parts for that Gen you need, just gotta call enough yard until you find one.
    Are you in Ontario? most are rusted into the ground or crushed by now, I've seen a few here in Calgary from time to time recently (I always notice as I owned a ST184 for many years)

5. massabsamurai

massabsamurai New Member

I will definitely keep looking, how did u like ur st184?

6. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Mine was pretty high mileage and had been mistreated, but its a great car, good chassis, suspension tuning, cool interior and I like the big swoopy bodywork (quite controversial at the time) I'd get a ST185 no problem after a great experience with that car! Its a shame that toyota didn't see fit to put the 3sge motor from the rest of the world in the north american Celica, it got the 5sfe 2.2 litre which was acceptable performance, but it made excellent torque (130hp 140tq) and I towed a 2000lb trailer 3600km across canada with that car!

7. massabsamurai

massabsamurai New Member

I got most of the stuff fixed from Picknpull and ebay. Does anyone know where I could get a 3" exhaust?

8. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

Any exhaust repair shop should be able to hack something together. But if you track down a custom shop it will probably be cheaper.
    I use "budget exhuast" in burlington.
    My maxima (v6) needed an exhaust and i called then at 7, went in by 9 and was out bu 10:50

Oem replacment $444+tax

2.5in stainlesssteel $592 all in

( cat back ) i believe the headers and cat would have been $1300 all in

They back their stuff to.

9. massabsamurai

massabsamurai New Member

that's a pretty sweet deal. I shall continue with my search for a custom shop than. Thanks