Isuzu Vehicross

Discussion in 'Isuzu' started by Soren, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

No posts in the Isuzu forum yet.. hmm.
    Well, the one Isuzu that sticks out to me is the Vehicross. I could see myself buying one someday, haha.

Made in 1997-2001, the Vehicross looks very different, generally a good kind of different though, not a PT Cruiser/Crossfire/HHR/Aztek type of different (at least to me). It got great reviews in it's time from 4WD magazines, and apparently had a really cool VOD torque sensing system that would actively shift torque balance on the fly. Performance from the engine was pretty good compared to north american engines as well.
    It was also featured on the movie "Ghosts of Mars" with a funny futuristic engine sound. very few were made for north america, somewhere around 5000?

Really, I think this is an interesting vehicle because of the design choices, they were ahead of the curve by a few years, judging by what came out for concept cars in the early 2000's (the crossover) It looks like you somehow got your hands on a concept, and stole it from an auto show.

There is one for sale in the Edmonton area right now, and I'm trying to convice a friend to buy it! (or my legnum! :D)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so, what do you think?
    Bad ASS?
    or
    Bad TASTE?
    :D

2. JamalS13

JamalS13 I like cheese

Bad ass is the exact words that came from my mouth as soon as i seen the pictures.

3. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

The first is sick. The rest looks like a Aztec remake that's somehow equally messed up.
    But looks aside what are its technical features.

4. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

What he said. They look like they should be vehicles from Children of Men, or some other semi-future movie.

5. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

There was one at the dock when i picked up the Aristo..

I think they are only Auto which makde then less desirable for people..

I want one. but the AUto tranny.. i dont know..

so i have never pulled the trigger.

6. JamalS13

JamalS13 I like cheese

Spotted one of these bad boys the other day, wish i could of snapped a picture though.