Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Info and Requests' started by Dah_Hunter, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Time to Learn about everyone

Who Are you:
    Why are you here:
    What do you Drive:
    What do you do when your not driving:
    More:

2. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Who Are you: Ben
    Why are you here: Cars, Importing, Helping people out with importing, etc
    What do you Drive: anything from Japan, Tiger 1050 Motorbike, R33 GTS
    What do you do when your not driving: Watch TV, working on computers, Play with Lego, Hiking, Traveling,
    More: Check my Youtube Channel out. for my Car Videos : http://www.youtube.com/user/fraservalleyimports

3. RyanV

RyanV Member

Who Are you: My name is Ryan
    Why are you here: I'm here because I have a problem...I'm addicted to importing cars from Japan :D
    What do you Drive: Depends on the day of the week :p My DD is a 1994 HDJ81 Toyota Land Cruiser
    What do you do when your not driving: Find info on cars, hike and other fitness/active stuff, work on my cars.
    More: Some say I'm addicted to cars. I just say it's my passion and what I really enjoy :) Both driving and fixing. Sure it's work to fix a car if it has problems, but I don't mind doing it when I have some spare time. It's a good feeling when it's fixed.

4. Terrell

Terrell Moderator

Who Are you: Terrell
    Why are you here: I was summoned by Dah_Hunter who I met through Derek to run the interwebs here! also because I enjoy Cars, Drifting, and Japan in general.
    What do you Drive: Nissan S13
    What do you do when your not driving: Go-Karting, Watch F1, Patch up broken linux servers as a DevOps Engineer @ Moz
    More: Check out my site in the link in my sig. It has stuff about Japan, Cars, Anime, and more!

5. Wolfd89

Wolfd89 Last in, first out

Who Are you: Dennis
    Why are you here: Greg invited me here
    What do you Drive: An awesome wagon :D
    What do you do when your not driving: I read a lot(books, news, fan fiction, manga, etc.), watch a bit of TV when I get the chance, and generally try to stay in a good mood.
    More: I'm originally from Germany, immigrated to Canada in 2004, and have owned only Japanese cars with the exception of a Pontiac(dark day in my life)

6. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Who Are you: Derek Weldon
    Why are you here: The owner of Pacific Coast Auto and perhaps a contributing factor to the creation of this forum.
    What do you drive: I always have something different cause I can't settle on a car. Usually I just ride the train cause I can work while riding and it is cheaper and faster than driving in Japan.
    What do you do when your not driving: I work a lot but I like going to car meets, taking pictures, camping, and pretty much any sport. I am working with a friend to start a blog about car life in Japan.
    More: I am from Canada but have been living in Japan for the last 7.5 years. I moved here right after university to start my company. It has been an adventure but I am happy with it so far. I have two children and a lovely JDM wife.. haha.

7. Braden

Braden New Member

Who Are you: Braden
    Why are you here: I like forums, you guys are cool internet friends- and I like cars.
    What do you Drive: 1994 R32 GTR, and a suzuki drz400sm
    What do you do when your not driving: Work, game, etc.
    More: Originally from northern Manitoba, now in SK. Going to be starting my apprenticeship to be an industrial mechanic this September, cannot wait.

8. Speed Stick

Speed Stick The Halifax kid

Who Are you: Sean
    Why are you here: Soren told me to come over, and I enjoy car enthusiast forums
    What do you drive: 1993 Subaru Impreza WRX for winter and a 1997 Toyota Chaser Tourer V 5spd for summer!
    What do you do when your not driving: Fitness, video games, occasional partying, hockey, work on cars
    More: I grew up in Alberta just outside Red Deer and joined the military as a Marine Engineer, lived in Victoria BC for 9 months and then got posted(stuck) out in Halifax in late 2011. I will return to Alberta in years to come....

Also looks like I was probably #16

9. Tudor

Tudor Straight Ballin'

Who Are you: Tudor
    Why are you here: I love cars, specifically JZXs and Silvias, and its fun to make new friends!
    What do you Drive: 1997 Toyota Mark II Tourer V (hopefully, and S15 once legal!)
    What do you do when your not driving: University stuffs, video games, hiking, skiing, working on the car, random shenanigans
    More: Originally from Romania, came to Vancouver in 2001 and the JZX is my second car ever, after a Honda Civic haha! Going to Japan in August!

10. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

Who Are you: Shaun
    Why are you here: Because I believe we have a good community, but outgrew the restraint of our overlord, I'm looking to build the BEST community out there! :D
    What do you Drive: A Grandpa X105 Cresta, Legnum VR-4 Type S, and waiting for my JZS 161 Aristo V300 Vertex to leave Japan
    What do you do when your not driving: Family takes most of my time. I have an old house and lots of projects too. I also like to play some video games, read, longboard, bike, hang out with friends, and procrastinate about my house. :(
    More: I'm so happy to be here, I'm so grateful that Terrell and Ben created it, and I'm happy that Greg, Ben and I decided to start our own community. I'm hoping to see many of the old places' regulars get over here, and make it our new home. We have lots of work to do, to make our site as helpful, but we certainly have the right people to do it!

11. SilverStar

SilverStar New Member

Who are you:
    Matt

Why are you here: To share and gain knowledge

What do you drive: 1997 E60 AMG, 1998 E55T AMG

What do you do when your not driving: NASCAR, family life, hunting. Not necessarily in that order.

More: Looking forward to a great, informative forum with the great bunch of guys from that other place!

12. magnavahn

magnavahn Vahn

Who Are you: Vahn
    Why are you here: I like my jdm forums real!
    What do you Drive: 1997 Subaru STi V-limited (wagon ftw)
    What do you do when your not driving:Ride my motorcycle, fitness train, hike, hunt, fish.
    More: I work as an Chemical Engineer...I'm very a much a DIYourselfer. Hopefully I can add some sick DIY's to the forum.

13. RawRock

RawRock New Member

Who Are you: Logan
    Why are you here: Soren told me to join. :)
    What do you Drive: 1 of 500 1996 STi 555 edition. And a '97 Legacy GT wagon.
    What do you do when your not driving: I'm a musician.
    More: I'm calling Medicine Hat my home so if there are any MH guys on here, lets hang out sometime.

14. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

Who Are you: Matthew
    Why are you here: speed stick / everyone I know in person hates to talk about cars and engineering
    What do you Drive: Derek Weldon's 1994 IMPUL R33-R #103-200, 1997 Nissan maxima gle, 1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GTT ( in transit )
    What do you do when your not driving: pretend to drive on Forza, dream up ways to make my car more complicated, look after my son
    More: I was taking motive power, but I'd like to learn more about thermodynamics, mechanical engineering

15. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

Who Are you: Adrian
    Why are you here: for a fresh breath of virtual air
    What do you Drive:Evo 4
    What do you do when your not driving:work to fill up gas tank
    More: yes please

16. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

YESS!
    Welcome all. Adrian, glad you came over, thanks for the email earlier tonight. Let's get some Edmonton meet stuff happening - right! :D

17. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I guess I should play!

Who Are you: Greg
    Why are you here: To escape the tyranny of another forum
    What do you Drive: 1996 Legnum VR4, 1991 Honda Prelude, both RHD
    What do you do when your not driving: Work, soon to have a puppy to occupy my sparetime.

18. JamalS13

JamalS13 I like cheese

Who Are you: Jamal

Why are you here: i have always loved jdm cars, truly passionate about them. I bought my first jdm car when i was 15. And i never wanna stop learning more and more about jdm cars.

What do you Drive: 1992 Nissan Silvia for summer and for winter is a USDM 1997 Honda Accord EX-R Which will be replaced with a jdm car in a few months hopefully.

What do you do when your not driving: watch tv, look at pictures of jdm cars, research future jdm cars i want to own. I also do alot of walking through the edmonton river valley. My life pretty much revolves around jdm cars. :D

19. CP9A

CP9A New Member

Who Are you: Rob; originally "rzhang" on VIP
    Why are you here: Braden PM'd me about this website so i guess i'll be adding another forum to my bookmarks
    What do you Drive: 1998 Evo V GSR
    What do you do when your not driving: Currently in U of M right now...so studying i guess
    More: I currently reside in Winnipeg, i wish i had more money to spend on my car =/ Oh well, i'm glad i'm part of something new and interesting on this forum. I wish it the best of luck!

20. Murrdawg02

Murrdawg02 Danger to the manifold

Who Are you: Murray
    Why are you here: Love the JDM Scene
    What do you Drive: 1991 Nissan Safari
    What do you do when your not driving: Mountain biking, working on my truck, figuring out how things work.
    More: Hoping to import a Evo V and a Lancia Delta (one day!). Im in Calgary.