Insurance in NS

Discussion in 'Maritimes' started by Ihatedomestic, Feb 26, 2015.

1. mademiriam

mademiriam New Member

RSA wasn't bad for the Jetta but brutal for the Subaru well worth getting the appraisal for facility. Appraisal should run around $130 so not bad.

2. celicarefugee

celicarefugee New Member

I don't know if anyone reads this forum anymore, but I've recently looked into this and Royal Sun Alliance is no longer doing RHD cars. They referred me to "Cheep Insurance" (I thought they were joking) https://cheepinsurance.ca/ and all they have to offer you is facility on a 12 month term, no 6 month terms available. I'm old, so the price wasn't as ridiculous as it could be but it is ridiculous to have to pay for 12 months insurance I'll realistically only drive 3 months of the year.

3. Rygar

Rygar That's what she said.

Did you contact RSA yourself or through a broker? You've got to use a broker and also transfer any car you've got to them - contact someone at MacDonald Chisholm Trask.

4. celicarefugee

celicarefugee New Member

It was WCL Bauld that told me RSA no longer does RHD and to call Cheep. It could be that WCL Bauld doesn't do RSA anymore and they didn't tell me that. I have three other cars I could have potentially given them but they weren't interested and cheepinsurance said that I wouldn't get any discount for insuring more cars with them.